Mika and ALL AGE N. American venues!

pianogirlsammy

Age limits are about the venue's liability.

I called up the venue today and asked them regarding there rules on age limits and said it is whether the artist asks for it and even if they dont they can decide to put an age limit based on the performance whether they think its appropriate or not... i also asked them if they had no age limit concerts and said they usually do so...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I called up the venue today and asked them regarding there rules on age limits and said it is whether the artist asks for it and even if they dont they can decide to put an age limit based on the performance whether they think its appropriate or not... i also asked them if they had no age limit concerts and said they usually do so...

so it was his choice??? I IZ SO CONFUSED>:shocked:

That too, I hope he doesn't do that in more gigs cuz it's not something I'm looking forward to for my first Mika gig. And you're right, it probably was akward for people that went with their parents or with their younger/older siblings. When I showed my sister the vlog of the LA gig it was awkward in that part.

Absolutely. That exactly what i mean.

Mika Live In NYC

Calling all New Yorkers, attention all American citizens - hell, this goes out to anyone across the globe who can get to the Big Apple on June 23...

It's a Mika show!

*Pouts* .....................

*Pouts* .....................

AHHH!!! such lies he tells..... :(

......:aah:

My father is sick of seeing me sulking and has asked if i wanted to go to that Andrew Bird gig afterall.

Id love to. But nothing is going to make up for this.

and did i mention? The andrew bird gig and Mika gig are all within 5 days of eachother, both in nyc. I just want to go wait outside the door afterwards and try to meet mika perhaps...and my dad goes...

"Well if its 18 and over, you may see something you dont want to see.

or better yet, I may see something I dont want to see" XD

................ :(

as what???

as the artist chooses the age limit. first of all, it would be the people who booked the venue for mika, not him personally.

also, if there is a bar, i don't think that the venue's permits allow them to have underage people. it may have something to do with that also.

and did i mention? The andrew bird gig and Mika gig are all within 5 days of eachother, both in nyc. I just want to go wait outside the door afterwards and try to meet mika perhaps...and my dad goes...

"Well if its 18 and over, you may see something you dont want to see.

or better yet, I may see something I dont want to see" XD

................ :(

I was thinking of doing that but I am not gonna fly all the way from Miami to NYC to maybe meet Mika.

The fact of the matter (I feel) is that Mika's ticket sales will be hurting if more age limited venues are chosen. At every show I've been to, over half are younglings. His team must know this, so it sucks for them too.:teehee:

you are probably right. that said, the venue is only for 700 people.

he should do ok just the same.

I really don't understand why Mika is making it a +18 show.... I just want Mika to explain why it's an over 18 gig.

yeah, I don't understand either and I think if mika just gave a little more info about why he chose the venue and his thoughts about it, I think I would feel a bit better... + less confused :aah:

Thank you pianogirlsammy for posting this thread!!!! I totally agree! The gig should be for all ages! Many - and I mean many - of Mika's fans are under 18 and should be able to go to his gig if they would like. But maybe there was a real reason for the age limit - maybe a revealing opening act like the burlesque dancer at his latest gig in LA? Maybe the laws are different in NYC (but not sure). I just hope he makes the rest of his North American tour dates for all ages. It would be such a shame if they weren't. :-(

But on the bright side: Let's just cross our fingers and wait for the rest of the North American tour dates - can't wait until they're announced!!!! :-)

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

You would think so... you wouldn't happen to know if there are still plenty of tickets?

no i don't. mfc had a heads up for buying tickets before it went for sale to the general public (which we were all happy with :biggrin2:)

no i don't. mfc had a heads up for buying tickets before it went for sale to the general public (which we were all happy with :biggrin2:)

I know... which I'm not complaining about BTW... :biggrin2:

But I only just decided I'm going to try for it... I hope I don't go through all this to miss out...

yeah, I don't understand either and I think if mika just gave a little more info about why he chose the venue and his thoughts about it, I think I would feel a bit better... + less confused :aah:

Exactly, I just want some explanation. I think we all do. :naughty:

I wholeheartedly and completely concur. :)

Ok.....im REALLY out for the night now. its way alte for me.

Cant wait for the rush of new updates that awaits me tommorow morning...oh boy.................:teehee:

Cant wait for the rush of new updates that awaits me tommorow morning...oh boy.................:teehee:

goodnight! :bye:

yeah...I hope the explanation comes soon! :aah:

good night ! see you tomorrow! :blush-anim-cl:

:shocked: OMG! you are NY bound? :roftl:

Maybe... leaning towards yes...

You may want to save your gig planning for the NYC thread and not where people are frustrated that they can't go?

Yeah I know...

I'm not rubbing it in I promise! I thought of doing it while i was in here, and I got a little carried away... sorry...