.::Star Trek::.- more like a Zach Quinto thread

B!anka

Haha actually somebody else did, but they only did so to say 'Zachary Quinto', so I had to comment on the original show ;)

So do you like Deep Space 9, Voyager or Enterprise at all? I HATE Enterprise, Voyager is okay at times, and I think Deep Space Nine is rapidly becoming a favourite of mine, I adore Julian Basheer, I think he's gorgeous!

The different series had their hotties too! Chakotay in Voyager was hot, Riker in The Next Generation wasn't too bad and Shatner himself was okay when he was younger :thumb_yello:

I don't like the new versions at all...tried to watch them but...I really didn't get further than 1 episode with them! :boxed:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even The Next Generation?

Picard rules! You should give that one a chance - it doesn't start well, but once it gets going it's great. Data, the android ('robot') is one of my favourite characters in anything because he spends the entire series learning and developing like a child, and exploring the line between man and machine. (There's a great episode where people want to dismantle him to see how he works, and Captain Picard has to work to explain why he's not just a machine, he's a person.

/rant. Sorry, I get excited!

Picard rules! You should give that one a chance - it doesn't start well, but once it gets going it's great. Data, the android ('robot') is one of my favourite characters in anything because he spends the entire series learning and developing like a child, and exploring the line between man and machine. (There's a great episode where people want to dismantle him to see how he works, and Captain Picard has to work to explain why he's not just a machine, he's a person.

Don't worry...I could go on like that about Heroes too... :teehee:

In fact, I used to watch TNG as a kid you know. I'd always wake up and see the bold guy (Jean Luc Picard) on TV.

As for the android...you know those things you put on your head to hold your head back? I used to put it around my eyes and pretend to be the android. :lmfao:

But ever since then I haven't wactched it that well..I have seen some episodes now and then, but as I said...I'm not very much into SF... :boxed: will give it a try tho! :biggrin2:

I'm pretty picky about my Sci-Fi, I'm not into Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica or anything, I like some oldschool stuff like Quantum Leap and Sliders. But generally I just like the Star Trek multiverse, and then more fantasy things like Buffy/Angel :blush-anim-cl:

!ATTENTION! !ATTENTION!

ZACHARY QUINTO

thank you... :teehee:

WHAT??? WHERE???

The new Star Trek movie is a big epic, well filmed and enjoyable blockbuster of a movie.

But it is not Star Trek as any fan of the original series or TNG would have it, and it's enough to make Roddenberry turn in his grave. I grew up watching TNG particularly. THAT was Star Trek at it's finest. DS9 was similarly superb, and Voyager and Enterprise.... well. We won't mention those.

The simple fact that this entire thread is clearly about a good looking guy whose real name I didn't even know prior to seeing this thread is evidence of that.

I will agree, TNG was damn good and Enterprise wasn't great... But I love Voyager... It's different, and which other series has a female captain? I will admit that they started to lose it a bit after season 5...

I will say that DS9 was terrible... if anyone can explain to me what is so great about a space station, then go for it...

We do talk ST... but it usually goes back to Zach... he actually is a really good actor... and no, I'm not just talking about Heroes (:wub2::fangurl:)

So do you like Deep Space 9, Voyager or Enterprise at all? I HATE Enterprise, Voyager is okay at times, and I think Deep Space Nine is rapidly becoming a favourite of mine, I adore Julian Basheer, I think he's gorgeous!

The different series had their hotties too! Chakotay in Voyager was hot, Riker in The Next Generation wasn't too bad and Shatner himself was okay when he was younger

Chakotay :bow:

Picard :bow:

Tuvok :bow:

Spock :bow:

(my two fave Vulcans right there... Tim Russ was an awesome Vulcan! :teehee:)

I agree with that... Data is great (and I love hearing him sing about lifeforms! :teehee:)

I'm a bit curious... Do you like any of the movies?

Don't worry...I could go on like that about Heroes too...

As for the android...you know those things you put on your head to hold your head back? I used to put it around my eyes and pretend to be the android.

Same here.. :wub2: have you seen season 3 of Heroes yet? I haven't, I still haven't seen season 2 cause a friend of mine has it...

And I did that too... :teehee: I was trying to be like Geordi though...

I'm pretty picky about my Sci-Fi, I'm not into Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica or anything, I like some oldschool stuff like Quantum Leap and Sliders. But generally I just like the Star Trek multiverse, and then more fantasy things like Buffy/Angel :blush-anim-cl:

I'm not surprised at not liking Star Wars... usually you're shipping Star Wars or Star Trek...

I like both... they have stories that I like... though the Star Wars games appeal more to me...

OOooooh... Sliders! I love Sliders! I can't get a boxset past season 3 here though...

What do you think of Stargate (SG1 and Atlantis)? Or Firefly?

Same here.. :wub2: have you seen season 3 of Heroes yet? I haven't, I still haven't seen season 2 cause a friend of mine has it...

?

YES! Ok let me tell you a bit of a story.

7th of May 09 - I'm buying my tickets to my first Mika gig

8th of May 09 - Star Trek ahs it's world premiere

16th of May 09 - I go to the cinema to watch the movie the first time and come out of there :hypo: because of Spock...

the next weekend- I look for info about Zach and find out that he's been playing in a show called Heroes as a murderer

the following weeks- when I should've been in coma knowing I'll see Meeks for the first time SOON, I was all :fangurl: about Zach :aah:

2th of June 09 (his BDAY) - I get myself the huge Spock poster

5th of June 09- I go to see the movie again

7th of June 09- I leave for Paris (FOR the Mika gig): on the way I'm listening to the audiobook read by ZQ

during my stay there I forgot about ZQ completely

The first week when I came back I was all :tears: because I hated going out knowing that there's no Mika, no Paris out there. :blush-anim-cl::teehee:

The second week I've got myself the second season of Heroes, because I've read somewhere that ZQ has more appearances in that one than in the first one.

So I started watching Heroes all by myself. Then, mum asked me what was it all about and hooked her on. After we've finished watching the second series, one of our televisions decided to broadcast the first series; as I couldn't pull it through waiting to watch it in 7 weeks time, I've got myself the first season too. And we used to watch like 4-5 episodes per evening.

After we were done with that one, we got the thrid season too...which wasn't as amazing as the others...I mean they kinda pushed the limits.

Now the 4th season started airing in US on the 21st of September (can you believe the coincidence? :shocked:) and they give like 1 episode per WEEK!! :aah:

We've watched the first 2 episodes last week. Yesterday saw the third...and now waiting for more! :biggrin2:

Okay. I LOVE YOU nico_collard, whoever you are. You have no idea how few people I know who love science fiction, and I join a Mika forum and there's a freaking Star Trek thread. I LOVE YOU PEOPLE! YOU HAVE RENEWED MY FAITH IN HUMANITY! :roftl:

Okay in response:

I will agree, TNG was damn good and Enterprise wasn't great... But I love Voyager... It's different, and which other series has a female captain? I will admit that they started to lose it a bit after season 5...

I will say that DS9 was terrible... if anyone can explain to me what is so great about a space station, then go for it...

Don't get me wrong, I also grew up watching the new episodes of Voyager of a Monday night with my family, and I loved it too. But it was far less Star Trekky and much more drama. The Doctor ruled, but it was like re-hashing Data. He did have his moments though. Janeway was also awesome, I think she was a huge redeeming point for the whole series. Paris could have been great, but they toned him down. So I agree, it has major ups, but it did go downhill. Still, much better than Enterprise :sneaky2:

DS9 isn't just about a Space Station, it's much more about the characters than a lot of others. I used to hate it too, but I've started watching it more recently and Odo, Julian Basheer, Garek, Quark, Dax, Kira and Sisko all develop a lot. My two favourites are Basheer and Garek - Basheer because he's hot and genetically enhanced to make him super-human mentally (<3) and Garek because he's the shiftiest, most charismatic and surprising character in the entire series.

I agree with that... Data is great (and I love hearing him sing about lifeforms! :teehee:) I'm a bit curious... Do you like any of the movies?

"Life - forms! You precious little life - forms! Where are you? Do do loo do do do do!" That's epic. It's from Generations, isn't it, arguably the best Star Trek movie ever (outside the never ending original movies, which I haven't seen.) Generations in my house is THE Christmas Movie. It gets watched every year, I absolutely love it. First Contact is also good, but I don't like the Borg so that puts me off, and I've only seen Insurrection once! I must watch it again. I hate what happens to Data. :( You know some fans theorize that the entire Next Generation concept was ACTUALLY all about Data, and that's why it ended where and how it did. Thoughts?

I'm not surprised at not liking Star Wars... usually you're shipping Star Wars or Star Trek...

What do you think of Stargate (SG1 and Atlantis)? Or Firefly?

Star Wars is great at being what it is, but with all due respect to anyone who likes it, it's like comparing the original Star Trek to the new ST movie. One does the drama/story/pretty settings, it's science fiction DRAMA, and the other, Star Trek's series, are the intellect - they're the gaudy settings, horrible special effects, but ideas that were decades ahead of their time. And that's what I like about it. I'm not into space drama. I want intellect.

STARGATE SG-1!! I will marry Daniel Jackson. He is the hottest guy IN SCI FI. When he had his long hair in the first two seasons - my God. Yum. I adore him, I love articulate intelligent nerds, and that's exactly what he is. Jack O Neil, naturally rules as well. The entire show is awesome, and I've only seen one movie but I thought it was great. (The time travel one.)

I love the time loop episode. Hitting golf balls through the stargate, LOL!

/rant.

I LOVE STAR TREK :wub2:

I always have loved it and the original Spock has always been one of my favorites (had a crush on him when i was 6 or something) :roftl:

I even went to a star trek/sci-fi conference once :roftl:

I had a crush on Mr Spock when I was in my early teens. I watched and enjoyed all the series of Star Trek, except for Enterprise, and I enjoyed the new movie as well. Here is the list of my favourite Star trek characters and the series they were in.

I'd love to be on the list btw as I have always been a Trekker.

Original series Mr Spock (Leonard Nimoy)

STAR TREK TNG Captain Picard, Data, Geordie L Forge.

STAR TREK DS9 Odo, Major Kira (I was deffinately an OK shipper)

STAR TREK VOY Seven of Nine, Holodoc, Neelix (wanted Seven and Doc to get together, was gutted when they paired her with Chakotay!)

I had a crush on Mr Spock when I was in my early teens. I watched and enjoyed all the series of Star Trek, except for Enterprise, and I enjoyed the new movie as well. Here is the list of my favourite Star trek characters and the series they were in.

STAR TREK VOY Seven of Nine, Holodoc, Neelix (wanted Seven and Doc to get together, was gutted when they paired her with Chakotay!)

Hehe! Sure, Marilyn!

:biggrin2:

Hehe! Sure, Marilyn!

:biggrin2:

It's been great reading all the posts. I haven't talked about Star Trek for ages. The last convention I went to was in London near Heathrow. Roxann Dawson (B'Elanna Torres) was there, and Garret Wang (Harry Kim) There was a guy who looked EXACTLY like Captain Picard who got a lot of stares., Some people thought it WAS him!

Garret Wang told some funny stories about behind-the-scenes. One story was about a scene he had with Jeri Ryan (Seven) who, unlike her character, was a real joker. His story goes that Harry had to grab seven's elbow, but he missed and grabbed her boob instead! So she went away and came back with two of those little post-it-notes stuck on her suit.

One was on her boob and it said "This isn't an elbow."

The other on her elbow saying "This IS an elbow."

In Voyager, it was great to have a female captain, but my favourite of the women was Seven, because even though she looked like the sexy chick in the crew, she had vulnerability and depth to her. I loved her journey towards humanity, which reminded me in some ways, of Data's journey. I never wanted her to end up with Chakotay because there was no chemistry between them (and he should have ended up with Janeway really) but Seven and Doc had something special and it would have been great if they had ended up together.

It's been great reading all the posts. I haven't talked about Star Trek for ages. The last convention I went to was in London near Heathrow. Roxann Dawson (B'Elanna Torres) was there, and Garret Wang (Harry Kim) There was a guy who looked EXACTLY like Captain Picard who got a lot of stares., Some people thought it WAS him!

Garret Wang told some funny stories about behind-the-scenes. One story was about a scene he had with Jeri Ryan (Seven) who, unlike her character, was a real joker. His story goes that Harry had to grab seven's elbow, but he missed and grabbed her boob instead! So she went away and came back with two of those little post-it-notes stuck on her suit.

Oh you lucky lucky thing! I'd love to have met them! I was at a Star Trek thing in a hotel in Las Vegas, and I was also in this tv museum in Los Angeles, which is where the actual Enterprise bridge set is stored - the three seat set with Picard's, Riker's and Troy's chairs and the console along the back, I got to sit in that. I have a photo somewhere. It also had the back wall console (Worf's and Geordi's) and if you look really closely there are silly pictures on it, like a mouse and a car, put there to make the actors laugh while they were meant to be seriously checking up on the hull breach on deck 6 or whatever was wrong.

That story about the boob/elbow is HILARIOUS, thanks for sharing, really made me laugh :biggrin2:

My favourite of the women was Seven, she had vulnerability and depth to her. I loved her journey towards humanity, which reminded me in some ways, of Data's journey. I never wanted her to end up with Chakotay because there was no chemistry between them (and he should have ended up with Janeway really) but Seven and Doc had something special and it would have been great if they had ended up together.

I agree whole-heartedly. By the end of the show, she was the deepest and most developed character. I think the whole Doctor/Data/Seven not-quite-human-but-getting-there was also one of the cornerstones of the entire show. And yes, Chakotay and Janeway TOTALLY should have ended up together, what were the writers thinking?! :sneaky2:

Edited by Nollaig

Oh you lucky lucky thing! I'd love to have met them! I was at a Star Trek thing in a hotel in Las Vegas, and I was also in this tv museum in Los Angeles, which is where the actual Enterprise bridge set is stored - the three seat set with Picard's, Riker's and Troy's chairs and the console along the back, I got to sit in that. I have a photo somewhere. It also had the back wall console (Worf's and Geordi's) and if you look really closely there are silly pictures on it, like a mouse and a car, put there to make the actors laugh while they were meant to be seriously checking up on the hull breach on deck 6 or whatever was wrong.

That story about the boob/elbow is HILARIOUS, thanks for sharing, really made me laugh :biggrin2:

I agree whole-heartedly. By the end of the show, she was the deepest and most developed character. I think the whole Doctor/Data/Seven not-quite-human-but-getting-there was also one of the cornerstones of the entire show. And yes, Chakotay and Janeway TOTALLY should have ended up together, what were the writers thinking?! :sneaky2:

To be honest, I think as the final season of Voyager went on, the writers kind of lost the plot. I thought the final episode, Endgame, was totally disappointing and unimaginative. I think the fans could have come up with a better ending for the series.

The second week I've got myself the second season of Heroes, because I've read somewhere that ZQ has more appearances in that one than in the first one.

So I started watching Heroes all by myself. Then, mum asked me what was it all about and hooked her on. After we've finished watching the second series, one of our televisions decided to broadcast the first series; as I couldn't pull it through waiting to watch it in 7 weeks time, I've got myself the first season too. And we used to watch like 4-5 episodes per evening.

After we were done with that one, we got the thrid season too...which wasn't as amazing as the others...I mean they kinda pushed the limits.

Really? I'm gonna love the second season then...

Okay. I LOVE YOU nico_collard, whoever you are. You have no idea how few people I know who love science fiction, and I join a Mika forum and there's a freaking Star Trek thread. I LOVE YOU PEOPLE! YOU HAVE RENEWED MY FAITH IN HUMANITY! :roftl:

Okay in response:

Don't get me wrong, I also grew up watching the new episodes of Voyager of a Monday night with my family, and I loved it too. But it was far less Star Trekky and much more drama. The Doctor ruled, but it was like re-hashing Data. He did have his moments though. Janeway was also awesome, I think she was a huge redeeming point for the whole series. Paris could have been great, but they toned him down. So I agree, it has major ups, but it did go downhill. Still, much better than Enterprise :sneaky2:

DS9 isn't just about a Space Station, it's much more about the characters than a lot of others. I used to hate it too, but I've started watching it more recently and Odo, Julian Basheer, Garek, Quark, Dax, Kira and Sisko all develop a lot. My two favourites are Basheer and Garek - Basheer because he's hot and genetically enhanced to make him super-human mentally (<3) and Garek because he's the shiftiest, most charismatic and surprising character in the entire series.

"Life - forms! You precious little life - forms! Where are you? Do do loo do do do do!" That's epic. It's from Generations, isn't it, arguably the best Star Trek movie ever (outside the never ending original movies, which I haven't seen.) Generations in my house is THE Christmas Movie. It gets watched every year, I absolutely love it. First Contact is also good, but I don't like the Borg so that puts me off, and I've only seen Insurrection once! I must watch it again. I hate what happens to Data. :( You know some fans theorize that the entire Next Generation concept was ACTUALLY all about Data, and that's why it ended where and how it did. Thoughts?

Star Wars is great at being what it is, but with all due respect to anyone who likes it, it's like comparing the original Star Trek to the new ST movie. One does the drama/story/pretty settings, it's science fiction DRAMA, and the other, Star Trek's series, are the intellect - they're the gaudy settings, horrible special effects, but ideas that were decades ahead of their time. And that's what I like about it. I'm not into space drama. I want intellect.

STARGATE SG-1!! I will marry Daniel Jackson. He is the hottest guy IN SCI FI. When he had his long hair in the first two seasons - my God. Yum. I adore him, I love articulate intelligent nerds, and that's exactly what he is. Jack O Neil, naturally rules as well. The entire show is awesome, and I've only seen one movie but I thought it was great. (The time travel one.)

I love the time loop episode. Hitting golf balls through the stargate, LOL!

/rant.

I love you too! Call me Tegan! :naughty:

I agree with what you said about the Doctor, Janeway and Paris... was was a great character, but once he and B'Elanna got together he was completely under the thumb (I do love the name B'Elanna... I'm gonna name my kids after sci fi characters! :teehee:)... Anything's better than Enterprise, though mum and dad have started buying Enterprise in the box sets...

I tried watching DS9.. I remember watching DS9 with my dad when I was about 14 (before I would actually admit I liked sci fi), but there was something I didn't like about it... maybe it was the ferengi...

It is from Generations! I actually have that song on my phone, along with little sound bites from Voyager, and Worf saying "Sir, I protest, I am not a merry man!" :naughty: I liked Generations, and I've seen First Contact, but you've beat me on Insurrection.. I've never seen it! I've seen a little bit of Nemesis, but I didn't like it...

That's an interesting theory... I'll have to watch it a bit more cloesly though, I can't remember the first or last episodes... I don't think we have the last episode actually...

I never really thought too much about ST being the intellectual one, and SW being the pretty settings...

Stargate is fabulous! Daniel Jackson is very yummy! :das: I still can't see Richard Dean Anderson as anyone other than MacGyver... I will say that he has some great one liners in SG1... I wish he hadn't left...

I loved Seven as well, and loved Janeway... Pairing Chakotay and Seven together is like they completely ignored the previous 6 seasons worth of sexual tension between Chakotay and Janeway.. I remember oe ep where Janeway and Chakotay are left on a planet cause they have a virus, and you could see how much they liked her, especially Chakotay... I always loved the little story he told Kathryn :fangurl:...

In Voyager, it was great to have a female captain, but my favourite of the women was Seven, because even though she looked like the sexy chick in the crew, she had vulnerability and depth to her. I loved her journey towards humanity, which reminded me in some ways, of Data's journey. I never wanted her to end up with Chakotay because there was no chemistry between them (and he should have ended up with Janeway really) but Seven and Doc had something special and it would have been great if they had ended up together.

I'd love to meet Roxann Dawson... she's great! I'd prefer to meet Kate Mulgrew though :bow:...

and :lmfao: at the story Garrett told...

I agree to an extent about Seven, she certainly had a vulnerability to her... I always thought Seven and Tuvok were great together (as friends), but I couldn't really see who she could be with... I wasn't really sure about the Doctor and her..

I totally agree...

To be honest, I think as the final season of Voyager went on, the writers kind of lost the plot. I thought the final episode, Endgame, was totally disappointing and unimaginative. I think the fans could have come up with a better ending for the series.

I wish they had... I remember getting the tape of the final ep off my boyfriend at the time...

:wub2: Star Trek...

I love you too! Call me Tegan! :naughty:

Nice to meet ya :biggrin2:

It is from Generations! I actually have that song on my phone, along with little sound bites from Voyager, and Worf saying "Sir, I protest, I am not a merry man!" :naughty:

HAHA! That's brilliant, I must put them on my own phone actually. :roftl:

I've seen a little bit of Nemesis, but I didn't like it...

Does... does that mean you don't know what happens to Data?? :shocked:

That's an interesting theory... I'll have to watch it a bit more cloesly though, I can't remember the first or last episodes... I don't think we have the last episode actually...

Watch the last episode (2-parter), it's called 'All Good Things' and it's SUPERB. Data kinda saves the day. :biggrin2:

I remember oe ep where Janeway and Chakotay are left on a planet cause they have a virus, and you could see how much they liked her, especially Chakotay...

That's one of my favourites, I was convinced that they couldn't possibly go back to normal once they were back on the ship, but lo and behold :sneaky2:

:wub2: Star Trek...

Seconded! :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Nice to meet ya :biggrin2:

HAHA! That's brilliant, I must put them on my own phone actually. :roftl:

Watch the last episode (2-parter), it's called 'All Good Things' and it's SUPERB. Data kinda saves the day. :biggrin2:

That's one of my favourites, I was convinced that they couldn't possibly go back to normal once they were back on the ship, but lo and behold :sneaky2:

I enjoyed that episode with Janeway and Chakotay on the planet. By rights that should have been the start of a relationship between them, which would have ben really interesting. seeing how they could juggle being Captain and First Officer with having a relationship. Would they tell the crew? That sort of thing.

As for the getting home. I read a story once that a fan had written, where Seven created a transwarp conduit and got Voyager back home. There could have been other ways to get them back, but Endgame was a complete mess of an episode and wasn't at all very good.

On Friday, Virgin1 are showing the final episode of DS9 as a TV movie, starting at 9pm.

I think what's different about DS9 is the fact that it's a station that stays in one place. So over the series we learned about the Bajoran culture and religeon. We saw characters, good and bad, who were not the regular characters but had fascination strory arcs. Like Garek, Kai Win and Gul Dukat.

But for me, the writers of DS9 produced the best piece of writing ever in TREK. It started with the twist in the tale that NO ONE saw coming!

In the 2nd season we learned about this tyranical Gamma Quadrant power called The Dominion. There followed this ingenious series of Red Herrings that were layed in the episodes as people wondered who The Founders were? At the same time, Odo longed to know where he came from.

Suddenly he not only gets to meet his people, he learns that they are The evil Founders, which then set the scene for the programe to go into another exciting direction.

This is why the writing was so good! Usually, great reveals are kept for, at least, the final season, but with DS9, the shift in focaus came in the middle, and the series became more exciting with the war against The Dominion claiming some of the most exciting moments in Star Trek.

On Friday, Virgin1 are showing the final episode of DS9 as a TV movie, starting at 9pm.

I think what's different about DS9 is the fact that it's a station that stays in one place. So over the series we learned about the Bajoran culture and religeon. We saw characters, good and bad, who were not the regular characters but had fascination strory arcs. Like Garek, Kai Win and Gul Dukat.

But for me, the writers of DS9 produced the best piece of writing ever in TREK. It started with the twist in the tale that NO ONE saw coming!

In the 2nd season we learned about this tyranical Gamma Quadrant power called The Dominion. There followed this ingenious series of Red Herrings that were layed in the episodes as people wondered who The Founders were? At the same time, Odo longed to know where he came from.

Suddenly he not only gets to meet his people, he learns that they are The evil Founders, which then set the scene for the programe to go into another exciting direction.

This is why the writing was so good! Usually, great reveals are kept for, at least, the final season, but with DS9, the shift in focaus came in the middle, and the series became more exciting with the war against The Dominion claiming some of the most exciting moments in Star Trek.

TV movie :shocked: I haven't seen most of the show, but I've heard about the final episode (half of them just leave the station and go their seperate ways, right?) My mum said she was very sad watching it coz she wanted them to all stay together.

I actually know nothing about DS9, but like I say I adore Julian Basheer (the episode where he's in a coma or something, and the station and various members of the crew represent different parts of his personality/mind, and so on, that's one of my favourite Star Trek episodes ever.) I also love Garek, as I mentioned before he's so mysterious and so charismatic - and the friendship between him and Julian is very endearing. I definately want to get into watching the series, because I loved TNG and Voyager, and while I know all the names you mentioned (The Dominion, the Founders etc) I don't actually know anything about them.

No... I don't think I do... Wait, hang on... is that the one where there's another android that looks exactly like Data?

I'll have to search through our discs and see if we have it...

I was almost yelling at the screen when they went back to normal... just love how Kathryn smiles at Chakotay... the real smile, not the put on one...

And I just went searching for pics from that ep...

6a00d4142d48de3c7f011017a532dd860e-320pi

jcfic.jpg (:fisch:)

No... I don't think I do... Wait, hang on... is that the one where there's another android that looks exactly like Data?

:shocked: Yes! It's that one! YOU NEED to see it, I know it's the end for them all and they all go off and do their various different things, but man. You need to see Data's ending. It's why I pointed out the theory about the saga being about Data - it really is the end of Data's story.

I'll have to search through our discs and see if we have it...

GO GO GO! :roftl::roftl:

I was almost yelling at the screen when they went back to normal... just love how Kathryn smiles at Chakotay... the real smile, not the put on one...

And I just went searching for pics from that ep...

Aw man I so badly want to watch me some Star Trek now with all this talk about it! Great pictures btw, love the massage one :roftl: I don't remember the real smile, but it rings a bell...?

:shocked: Yes! It's that one! YOU NEED to see it, I know it's the end for them all and they all go off and do their various different things, but man. You need to see Data's ending. It's why I pointed out the theory about the saga being about Data - it really is the end of Data's story.

GO GO GO! :roftl::roftl:

Aw man I so badly want to watch me some Star Trek now with all this talk about it! Great pictures btw, love the massage one :roftl: I don't remember the real smile, but it rings a bell...?

We've got it here... I can see it right now! I really should go to bed though, I have stuff to do tomorrow...

I'll have to get a screen cap of what I mean... I guess it's a more natural smilethan she usually does, if thay makes it any clearer...

And I just realised i have a lot of Star Trek avatars!

Oh yeah don't watch it right now, but I think it's worth watching to see how Data's story ends. Might watch it myself this weekend at the parent's place.

Star Trek avatars rule. I don't have any, as anywhere else my Trekkie side would be laughed out of the forum!

I love MFC. :wub2:

It's awesome, is it not? It doesn't matter what you like, as long as you like Mika...

I must admit, a friend of mine gives me a bit of a hard time about loving Zach Quinto... though she can't talk, she loves Twilight :blink::naughty:...

(I will admit I have read it and seen the movie, but I won't fangirl it... it's not that good...)

Anyways, goodnight!

TV movie :shocked: I haven't seen most of the show, but I've heard about the final episode (half of them just leave the station and go their seperate ways, right?) My mum said she was very sad watching it coz she wanted them to all stay together.

I actually know nothing about DS9, but like I say I adore Julian Basheer (the episode where he's in a coma or something, and the station and various members of the crew represent different parts of his personality/mind, and so on, that's one of my favourite Star Trek episodes ever.) I also love Garek, as I mentioned before he's so mysterious and so charismatic - and the friendship between him and Julian is very endearing. I definately want to get into watching the series, because I loved TNG and Voyager, and while I know all the names you mentioned (The Dominion, the Founders etc) I don't actually know anything about them.

The thing with DS9 is that if you start to watch it you need to make sure you don't miss any episodes, because there are story arcs that start small, and build over the whole series, and if you come into it in the middle or at the end, you won't understand it. There is a lot that happens with the stories of the characters and a lot of different threads. But if you like good drama as well as good SciFi, it's a brilliant series to watch.