Mika@Amsterdam June 2 2009 Gig reports, photos & vids

Queenie

I realise it's the wrong topic here, but when do we get more to know about the secret code mystery?!

Hi Sander!

Don't know about the code-date. We are all waiting anxiously!

(Did you introduce yourselve already at the Introduction Thread?)

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just transcribed what he said before playing Happy Ending, just for my own memoirs, and thought I'd post it here since it was just so freakin' sweet. :wub2:

"I’m going to do this song, but the chorus is for you to sing. Okay? Yes? Every classical…when I…if I…seriously, if my – sorry, I’m not supposed to talk, but I’m going to.

My singing teacher, when I left my final class, he said to me ‘I knew you’d always leave.’ And if he found out that I was singing here tonight, he’d probably be bawling his guts out. So, with this next song you have to sing; for every friend of mine that was at music college that always dreamed of singing here. And you’ve got to sing your…f*cking heart out."

*melts all over again*

that's really sweet:wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdYpNF0u1w8

Move over Andy, MFC is whipping out the video blogging competition...:teehee:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&channelID=263813615

Mana you have excelled yourself: you really captured the mood. I know you went on to many other gigs and I want to hear all about those, but this one was really special. I had a brilliant time and have very happy memories.

Thanks for putting it all together and for your company in Amsterdam :wub2:

Aww, I'm glad everyone liked my video blog. I'ma eventually do one for each gig I went to. :wub2:

And, does anyone want a gig report from me? It's been so long already, I don't want to bore you all with everything that's already been said. :teehee:

Aww, I'm glad everyone liked my video blog. I'ma eventually do one for each gig I went to. :wub2:

And, does anyone want a gig report from me? It's been so long already, I don't want to bore you all with everything that's already been said. :teehee:

POST IT!:mf_lustslow:

i'm really happy that you're doing vlogs for all the gigs:biggrin2:

and cant wait to read your reports for every gig that you went to! i've enjoyed reading your past reports so much and i'm really looking forward to the new ones!

That really is a silly question isn't it ... :wub2: Please do reports for everything if you have time too .... love to read them :wub2:

Is that a serious question? Post it woman!:biggrin2:

I would love to read about your adventures in Europe!:wub2:

Yes. Yes, we do.

Haven't read through this thread and want to read all the reports, but just to say I thought this concert was utterly amazing! I fussed beforehand about being on the balcony but turned out lucky because the view was brilliant - and the acoustics, oh my god. I know it sounds really stupid to say, but I although I knew Mika was a trained singer, I hadn't truly realised how good he is, and this venue brought that out so well! I still have notes from 'Over My Shoulder' in my mind...

And yes, please do a gig report LM because you write beautifully and help people who weren't there to feel what it was like.

Move over Andy, MFC is whipping out the video blogging competition...:teehee:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&channelID=263813615

Great vid! :punk:

(And I'm actually in it for about 2 seconds. :biggrin2:)

Haven't read through this thread and want to read all the reports, but just to say I thought this concert was utterly amazing! I fussed beforehand about being on the balcony but turned out lucky because the view was brilliant - and the acoustics, oh my god. I know it sounds really stupid to say, but I although I knew Mika was a trained singer, I hadn't truly realised how good he is, and this venue brought that out so well! I still have notes from 'Over My Shoulder' in my mind...

And yes, please do a gig report LM because you write beautifully and help people who weren't there to feel what it was like.

We wondered what happened to you. Glad to hear you enjoyed the gig!

You were on the balcony too? Which seat? Cause we must have bumped into each other at some point... That balcony was small! :roftl: (But the view was awesome! :biggrin2:)