MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

Not wishing to be controversial, but I very rarely read gig reports.

I used to in my early days on here but I don't any more.

I don't feel that interested in what happened at gigs that I didn't attend and I very rarely read about gigs I have attended either.

I don't know why this is or why I feel like this.

Maybe it's because I am happy with my own memories? I don't know.

I have no great need to write about my experiences either.

I guess that makes me a bit weird.

Keep away from me. :naughty:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel that interested in what happened at gigs that I didn't attend and I very rarely read about gigs I have attended either.

Nope, I won't keep away from you!:biggrin2:

We are all different of course, the world would be a very strange place if we all were thinking and reacting the same!:naughty:

In this case we have to remember my fascination about the English language. Although it’s not my mother tongue I have almost completely read books in English for the last years or so. Not all of them, you can’t find that much English literature in my country that have an interest for me but I take every opportunity to buy myself a new supply every time I go to abroad!:wink2:

As for the MFC, I’m sure you have other reasons which are keeping you here other than the gig reports!:wink2:

I've been thinking about that recently. I've spent much more time studying every single gig report and the pictures that came with them two years ago. I devoured everything, from the queueing to the gig to after show encounters with that new penomenon called Mika. Due to lack of own experience I clung to the ones of other people to make up for it. And I found it strangely satisfying because it brought me as close to being there as you can get - without being there.

Plus, at that time there was so much to discover, pictures didn't look absolutely identical for each gig, and there weren't many at all. Those were the days when I still saved them on my computer for fear that something as fantastic as Mika could just disappear again. Little did I know. :teehee:

Now I only scroll through the gig report threads and just stop every now and then to quickly skim a report or two. I might read on if my eye catches some interesting or funny detail I want to know more about. But basically that's it. I hardly watch gig videos anymore, either. They're pretty much the same for each gig and then they catch more of the vibe in the audience than Mika himself. And honestly, that would be what I'd watch them for.

I don't really feel the need to save anything on my system anymore, as I know now, Mika is here to stay, that's for sure. And most likely I will see him again myself at some point. Because I have to.

I don't think gig reports have lost their significance altogether. I don't think this is about quality. It is about quantity, though. I just can't be bothered to read page after page after page about which songs he played in which order. But I don't deny that it's heartwarming, to read about how he affects people on the inside and to see how they leave his gigs enriched by an experience of the special sort.

I feel similarly to violet. I used to enjoy the gig reports a lot and now I don't take much interest in them and actively avoided them on this tour because I wanted things to be fresh for London. People gave me a hard time about it but I'm glad I did it. I found the Sadler's Wells gig more enjoyable because of it and wish that I hadn't heard some of the details that were impossible to avoid.

It was really nice to see the costumes and the set with my own eyes first and not on a message board. To hear all the arrangements for the first time live and not on a YouTube video.

Unfortunately it's going to be impossible to do this for the regular tour without leaving MFC for weeks and maybe even months, but I would really prefer it.

I like reading other people's perspectives on what happened at the gigs I went to but I don't really like reporting anymore. The things I find noteworthy and interesting at a gig are not really appropriate to discuss on MFC. :teehee:

I understand your feelings as well as the ones reacted similary to your post. However, the common denominator is that you have been to many gigs. Perhaps so many that you are actually relieved the tour is over...(:naughty:...sorry, silly joke)

I actually feel the opposite: I feel that I am simply just being mean if I don't report some of my experience to the ones unable to attend ...

I also rarely read gig reports. I only read them if the show had some significance or there are some beautifully written posts ( you can easily spot these)... but that's only because of my lack of time and fear for sanity.

So, to sum up, I understand people choosing not to report but I really appreciate those who still do because these reports mean a lot to fans who have never managed to go to a show due to financial reasons and are from countries Mika will probably never ever visit.

I know!! It's incredible to read it all now, cause for one reason or another I never got to speak to you girls (Holly, Lucy) much during the day!

I know!

I wanted to chat with everyone but I was having a hard time to keep a whole conversation for more than 5 mins:teehee:

I hope next time we actually get a chance to speak

Edited by Lucy

Part 7 - FINALE and Post Show

MIKA116.jpg

WHAT an great ending to an amazing night!!!!!

*gotta cut it short again - they are kicking me out* :teehee:

O M G ! ! !

the picture!!!! :swoon:I was holding on to him so tight !!! I didn't want to let him go at all. And the good thing about it was that he did the same. I felt his hug

HOLLY

I want to put that picture on my sig. How do I do that???

I feel similarly to violet. I used to enjoy the gig reports a lot and now I don't take much interest in them and actively avoided them on this tour because I wanted things to be fresh for London. People gave me a hard time about it but I'm glad I did it. I found the Sadler's Wells gig more enjoyable because of it and wish that I hadn't heard some of the details that were impossible to avoid.

It was really nice to see the costumes and the set with my own eyes first and not on a message board. To hear all the arrangements for the first time live and not on a YouTube video.

Unfortunately it's going to be impossible to do this for the regular tour without leaving MFC for weeks and maybe even months, but I would really prefer it.

I like reading other people's perspectives on what happened at the gigs I went to but I don't really like reporting anymore. The things I find noteworthy and interesting at a gig are not really appropriate to discuss on MFC. :teehee:

I agree with you.

I know!

I wanted to chat with everyone but I was having a hard time to keep a whole conversation for more than 5 mins:teehee:

I hope next time we actually get a chance to speak

This was totally my feeling too! All I seemed able to do was unimportant chitchat so I stayed with ppl I knew most. :teehee: I didn't sleep much on the bus on the way to NYC and was keeping all energy for the gig itself I guess. I guess MFC meetings the day before the gig is better.... or the day of the gig if there's no queuing involved.

This was totally my feeling too! All I seemed able to do was unimportant chitchat so I stayed with ppl I knew most. :teehee: I didn't sleep much on the bus on the way to NYC and was keeping all energy for the gig itself I guess. I guess MFC meetings the day before the gig is better.... or the day of the gig if there's no queuing involved.

yeah. I think I saw you with sunshine? was that you?

O M G ! ! !

the picture!!!! :swoon:I was holding on to him so tight !!! I didn't want to let him go at all. And the good thing about it was that he did the same. I felt his hug

HOLLY

I want to put that picture on my sig. How do I do that???

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/cheeseygoodness/mika%20nyc/MIKA116.jpg

put that link in your siggy, and put in the front of it and in the back.

for example:

www.lucyandmika.com

I didn't purchase anything but that would be nice to know:naughty:

What do the codes mean again?

The codes are supposed to one day equal "points" that will be used to get some freebies.

There is even a rumour that these points (if become sizeable enough) may even be used to have Mika perform in your livingroom. :naughty:

The codes are supposed to one day equal "points" that will be used to get some freebies.

There is even a rumour that these points (if become sizeable enough) may even be used to have Mika perform in your livingroom. :naughty:

Oh.

I heard about the living room thing:roftl:

Do we know if his cd is coming out in September?