MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

Yeah, I agree. I also think that the reason why he left the celesta was due to the closeness, and those drunken girls literally jumping on top of him :sneaky2:.

But that is where one draws the difference between the respectful fans and the...uhm..how do I put it? Not so respectful ones. One just needs to resist whichever urges they have (if they do) and leave him alone. It's the same when people "attack" him after gigs, not giving him personal space, following him down the line after they have already seen him, etc...

I think that this is why he is always relaxed and appreciative with us, because he knows that we're not going to harrass him.

When Rose (RAK1) and I ran into him at that Yelle gig last summer, where he was just a spectator in his own time, we made a HUGE point of leaving him alone and only speaking to him once we got the go ahead that he was happy to chat to us. And then of course it was lovely :wub2:, sitting there for a good while just chatting away, but anyway, the point is, before that happened we had actually just stood there enjoying the gig for over an hour without mobbing him and letting him do his own thing.

It just frustrates me when others don't do the same, because they spoil things for everyone.

The MFCers give him space. When I was on stage I tried my best not to be all over him but when you have people pushing towards him the only thing I had to do was to hold myself to him....but in a respectful way. The same after the gig.....I gave eveyone who was before me the chance to speak to him. I was jumping inside but outside all I had was this face:biggrin2:. When he got to me....I respectfully asked him for a hug.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone!! I'm glad everyone had a good time at the concert. Wish I could have been there and so does my mom and sister.

The venue was 18+ only, right?

Yes, sorry you couldn't be there :( Next time! :thumb_yello:

There were a few people talking about him coming back in september..

is that confirmed or just talk/hope ?

His album will be released in September, and he's supposed to start a

big tour then. Not sure when that tour will bring him back to the US,

though. It may not be until 2010. :tears:

And musicfreak, your photos are fantastic! Thanks for posting them! :wub2:

The MFCers give him space. When I was on stage I tried my best not to be all over him but when you have people pushing towards him the only thing I had to do was to hold myself to him....but in a respectful way. The same after the gig.....I gave eveyone who was before me the chance to speak to him. I was jumping inside but outside all I had was this face:biggrin2:. When he got to me....I respectfully asked him for a hug.

Yeah, exactly! That is why he feels comfortable with us the MFC'ers, because he knows that we respect him.

Check out on Mana's Milan video, how after the gig when he comes to our spot on the line (where the mfc'ers were, with the flag) he lights up and goes "Ciaoooo!!":

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=59753139

And then he proceeds to chat all easily and relaxed to us. He clearly feels that he's not going to be jumped on, and at ease.

It's such a shame that the vid is so short, because after this he remained chatting to us for ages and explaining the code thing with the living room gig, etc..

Yeah, exactly! That is why he feels comfortable with us the MFC'ers, because he knows that we respect him.

Check out on Mana's Milan video, how after the gig when he comes to our spot on the line (where the mfc'ers were, with the flag) he lights up and goes "Ciaoooo!!":

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=59753139

And then he proceeds to chat all easily and relaxed to us. He clearly feels that he's not going to be jumped on, and at ease.

It's such a shame that the vid is so short, because after this he remained chatting to us for ages and explaining the code thing with the living room gig, etc..

yeah... I saw that...so sweet and you guys make him feel comfortable. I guess he will feel lonely if you and Mana are not there after a gig. I want him to feel the same way with me. Hopefully some day :blush-anim-cl:

I don't think the girls were pawing at him, like trying to take his clothes off. :teehee:

They were drunk and I think they were just amazed that he was there and wanted him to acknowledge them.

My instinct was to shout at them to try to get them to quickly snap out of it but Mika was RIGHT THERE and I didn't want to create any more of a disturbance than what was already going on.

I think without having everyone seated it was an untenable situation. He was just too close to have the audience standing over him like that.

I don't think the girls were pawing at him, like trying to take his clothes off. :teehee:

They were drunk and I think they were just amazed that he was there and wanted him to acknowledge them.

My instinct was to shout at them to try to get them to quickly snap out of it but Mika was RIGHT THERE and I didn't want to create any more of a disturbance than what was already going on.

I think without having everyone seated it was an untenable situation. He was just too close to have the audience standing over him like that.

yea:naughty: And we all started shouting at them when they were screaming the lyrics to the acoustic Relax...:sneaky2:and "marry me marry me marry me marry me!"

oh so it was you telling them. lol I heard it on Sara's vid.

I can't believe all the time I spend here. I am at work right now and need to submit a report by 4:30pm. I have 40% done lol.

I do one client and then come here and so on.

I guess is time for me to get off and dedicate my time to it.....at least an hour lol

Nice talking to all of you, Laura and Sara.

hugs

I can't believe all the time I spend here. I am at work right now and need to submit a report by 4:30pm. I have 40% done lol.

I do one client and then come here and so on.

I guess is time for me to get off and dedicate my time to it.....at least an hour lol

Nice talking to all of you, Laura and Sara.

hugs

srry for distracting you:naughty: talk yo you soon!

oh so it was you telling them. lol I heard it on Sara's vid.

It was me telling them not to touch him. Christine carried out her efficient 'telling them off without making more noise' and used her hands to appease them. Mind you, none of our techniques worked:they were too drunk and excited.

It's a shame that the celesta was so close to them, because otherwise it would have been amazing. I don't think that Mika was uncomfortable with the closeness per se; When they were setting up the stage he was directing it all and i'm sure that he would have 'tested' the spot. I just think that it was the state that those girls were in which was the problem.

Take care Lucy, hope you get your work done!

It was me telling them not to touch him. Christine carried out her efficient 'telling them off without making more noise' and used her hands to appease them. Mind you, none of our techniques worked:they were too drunk and excited.

It's a shame that the celesta was so close to them, because otherwise it would have been amazing. I don't think that Mika was uncomfortable with the closeness per se; When they were setting up the stage he was directing it all and i'm sure that he would have 'tested' the spot. I just think that it was the state that those girls were in which was the problem.

Take care Lucy, hope you get your work done!

I got my work done:woot_jump:

This is the reason why I never drink before I go to a show....Don't know how I would react. :teehee:

I got my work done:woot_jump:

This is the reason why I never drink before I go to a show....Don't know how I would react. :teehee:

Yay for Lucy! And I finished my homework too! now what?.....:naughty:

You might not have gotten your hug from Mika!:shocked:

You might not have gotten your hug from Mika!:shocked:

I doubt it too!!! He would probably be scared of me. And that is the least I want.

I got drunk once for my honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico. Everything was inclusive and started to drink lots of tequila :teehee:

My hubby said I was extra friendly and really loud. But the worse part is that I don't remember any of it.

OH WOW! Amazing reports and pictures everyone.. I can't believe I have spent nearly 4 hrs of my precious time (I'm chasing a deadline.. and i'm going to get hell in the morning!) in here, thank God i'm not one to check up on every MIka photo or video, otherwise.. it'd be worst :boxed:

Would like to say I love Suzy's Picture report a lot.... I love the storytelling.. :wub2:

Same goes to Holly... lovely... you and Lucy are both MAD! But I love your bond :wink2: Really glad Lucy got a hug..

I love Mana's heartfelt expressions...

Can't believe that DCDeb didn't get her gift to Mika again...

Love that Jacket girls!!

I think Rose should keep the flag..but of course it's up to her.

Love what Mika said to Sara and Mana.

Love seeing familiar faces right in front at the gig again.

Agree with Christine about going through reports... glad my gig has passed so that i can enjoy these.

Agree that some ppl are rude (about touching), and have no self control whatsoever.. if ppl can't handle their drinks, they shouldn't drink at all. That's why I think drinking is forbidden in many religions... cause ppl turn into tw*ts most of the time. Sorry.. don't mean to go on..

Love the fact that Sara calls Suzy Lucy, and Sivan calls Lucy Suzy....:thumb_yello:

i can go on and on, there's so much to comment on, but i seriously haven't got the time... my producer is going to kill me tomorrow... glad you all had fun!!:groupwave:

Edited by nikjass

OH WOW! Amazing reports and pictures everyone.. I can't believe I have spent nearly 4 hrs of my precious time (I'm chasing a deadline.. and i'm going to get hell in the morning!) in here, thank God i'm not one to check up on every MIka photo or video, otherwise.. it'd be worst :boxed:

Would like to say I love Suzy's Picture report a lot.... I love the storytelling.. :wub2:

Same goes to Holly... lovely... you and Lucy are both MAD! But I love your bond :wink2: Really glad Lucy got a hug..

I love Mana's heartfelt expressions...

Can't believe that DCDeb didn't get her gift to Mika again...

Love that Jacket girls!!

I think Rose should keep the flag..but of course it's up to her.

Love what Mika said to Sara and Mana.

Love seeing familiar faces right in front at the gig again.

Agree with Christine about going through reports... glad my gig has passed so that i can enjoy these.

Agree that some ppl are rude (about touching), and have no self control whatsoever.. if ppl can't handle their drinks, they shouldn't drink at all. That's why I think drinking is forbidden in many religions... cause ppl turn into tw*ts most of the time. Sorry.. don't mean to go on..

Love the fact that Sara calls Suzy Lucy, and Sivan calls Lucy Suzy....:thumb_yello:

i can go on and on, there's so much to comment on, but i seriously haven't got the time... my producer is going to kill me tomorrow... glad you all had fun!!:groupwave:

Haha, your report made me laugh :naughty:

OH WOW!

That hug is tattoed on me forever :fangurl:

When I was dating my hubby he would call me suzy so many times that I told him next time you call me the wrong name I am breaking up with you:naughty:

I am back and feeling a million times better! Back to reality and the swing of life . . . Mika-less . . . But, not really cause he is always there in my heart and in my mind! aaawwww :swoon:

It is hard to just have FUN with it - when you get so involved and wrapped up in it. Guess that is just something that we all have to figure out on our own! If everyone else can do it - so can I . . right!? :teehee:

that hug is tattoed on me forever :fangurl:

When i was dating my hubby he would call me suzy so many times that i told him next time you call me the wrong name i am breaking up with you:naughty:

lmao!!!! Ooops!!!!