Hey guys, I'm coming to this thread a bit late (as only just joined MFC), but just wanted to add my voice to the sadness everyone posting here feels about MJ's passing. I couldn't sleep the night he'd died, and I admit to having had a few tears. I just felt so saddened by his untimely passing and still do. Felt very emothonal about it for quite a while.

I loved him both as part of the Jackson 5 and for his subsequent music; his music/singing, his dancing and showmanship were simply out of this world. Sadly, I've never been lucky enough to see him in a show.

Really wanted to go to one of the O2 gigs, but the ticket prices I saw were really expensive. Did agonise over whether to just splash out for a once in a lifetime experience, afterall how often would one get the chance to see the legendary MJ? However, didn't actually get tix.

Ironically, not long before he passed away, I posted on the Mikasounds website that I was going to see the tribute show 'Thriller - Live' and that was probably as close as I would get to ever 'seeing' 'MJ' as I couldnt afford the price of the tix to the "real thing" at the 02. (I did see 'Thriller' and it was fun, had me dancing a lot, but obviously no real comparison with the O2 concerts which would have been unbelievably amazing, I'm sure!!).

I play his music now with a renewed sense of awe at just how incredibly talented he was.

Janena, the incident you describe at the vigil is very moving - I'm sure it was his spirit too (and I'm really not one of those people who believe in that sort of thing normally). Thank you for posting about it and for the pix.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I'm coming to this thread a bit late (as only just joined MFC), but just wanted to add my voice to the sadness everyone posting here feels about MJ's passing. I couldn't sleep the night he'd died, and I admit to having had a few tears. I just felt so saddened by his untimely passing and still do. Felt very emothonal about it for quite a while.

I loved him both as part of the Jackson 5 and for his subsequent music; his music/singing, his dancing and showmanship were simply out of this world. Sadly, I've never been lucky enough to see him in a show.

Really wanted to go to one of the O2 gigs, but the ticket prices I saw were really expensive. Did agonise over whether to just splash out for a once in a lifetime experience, afterall how often would one get the chance to see the legendary MJ? However, didn't actually get tix.

Ironically, not long before he passed away, I posted on the Mikasounds website that I was going to see the tribute show 'Thriller - Live' and that was probably as close as I would get to ever 'seeing' 'MJ' as I couldnt afford the price of the tix to the "real thing" at the 02. (I did see 'Thriller' and it was fun, had me dancing a lot, but obviously no real comparison with the O2 concerts which would have been unbelievably amazing, I'm sure!!).

I play his music now with a renewed sense of awe at just how incredibly talented he was.

Janena, the incident you describe at the vigil is very moving - I'm sure it was his spirit too (and I'm really not one of those people who believe in that sort of thing normally). Thank you for posting about it and for the pix.

Hey and welcome, Sunshine! I'm Harpreet, aka Bitter.

I'm happy that you got to go to see Thriller. It sounds really fun. And I actually didn't know that MJ was even going to have 02 concerts until after he died. I suppose you can say I'm a bit of a bandwagon jumper. But oh well. I love him.

I know what you mean about playing his music now. There's so much of it, and ALL of it just so creative and powerful. It amazes me. Here's to hoping they'll release more of it!

I know, right?!

It is, and they can't.

Count yourself lucky that you've seen the other concerts! I haven't seen any! For some reason I can't find them anywhere but online, and my parents are being unreasonable and won't let me use their Visas. :naughty:

I guess you're right....I hope you manage to get the dvd! I'm sure the shops will stock up on it soon though!

Hi, and welcome! :group_hug:

I know what you mean....I'm still really down about it. He's truly such a loss to the world.

I'm still listening to his music constantly :wub2:

I've joined the MJJCommunity, but for some reason I can't get into the forum :blink: It's now been almost a week, and though I can access my profile, it doesn't let me into the forum, and none of the admin have responded to my emails :emot-sad: So frustrating!

Anyway, it's 1am here. Night all!

Edited by neeve272

Thanks very much for your welcomes to the MFC, Harpreet and Neeve!

Yes, Harpreet, 'Thriller' was really good fun - I really recommend it if you ever get the chance to see it. Of course, now that MJ is no longer with us, I guess tribute acts/shows like this will become even more popular as this will be the only way to experience the magic of MJ and the Jackson 5 "live". The actors and singers do replicate some of the legendary dance moves from his videos and shows.

Neeve, like you I'm listening to MJ's music on my MP3 all the time, dancing around my kitchen. On the one hand I feel so happy when I hear it (because it makes me want to dance!) but on the other at the mo it just reminds me that he's gone and of what we've lost, so I feel sad too. I hope the admin guys at the MJJCommunity get back to you soon to sort out your prob with accessing the Forum!

Yes, Harpreet, 'Thriller' was really good fun - I really recommend it if you ever get the chance to see it. Of course, now that MJ is no longer with us, I guess tribute acts/shows like this will become even more popular as this will be the only way to experience the magic of MJ and the Jackson 5 "live". The actors and singers do replicate some of the legendary dance moves from his videos and shows.

Neeve, like you I'm listening to MJ's music on my MP3 all the time, dancing around my kitchen. On the one hand I feel so happy when I hear it (because it makes me want to dance!) but on the other at the mo it just reminds me that he's gone and of what we've lost, so I feel sad too. I hope the admin guys at the MJJCommunity get back to you soon to sort out your prob with accessing the Forum!

Hey! :bye:

I know exactly what you mean...such a conflict of emotions... he gave us soooo much to be happy about and thankful for, but then we realise just what a special person we've lost :tears: I guess it'll get less painful in time...

I haven't heard anything yet...it's now been a week :mad: but thanks anyway :wink2:

EDIT: if you guys want to support the idea to make August 29th Michael Jackson Day, please sign http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/make-august-29th-michael-jackson-day-worldwide.html :)

Edited by neeve272

I know what you mean. I watched it on Youtube and kept having mood swings from sad to happy to angry over that idiot Bashir. I've yet to watch Take Two, but I'm sure that'll be a happier experience.

I don't know how to feel about the Jackson family right now, but it seems like all of sudden everyone's Michael's best bud, and they're 'spilling his inside secrets', etc. It's sort of gross. They're creating drama over nothing and ET and other tabloid stuff is cashing in from it. I just wish they would STOP already. Sadly, Marlon was wrong when he said that maybe they'd leave MJ alone.

That's beautiful! Amazing! And I love the little backstory you posted for it.. :blush-anim-cl: It makes me happy. Thank you!

Edit: This is a quote from the interview, Niamh. It really touched me. It shows how much he was willing to suffer/fight for his beliefs. That's pretty beautiful.

Yes, I must see Take Two, that will be a better experience.

About his family. I hate the way some of they and some other people round him, are trying to make money from his death. I used to hate that when he was still alive, but know I just feel offended everytime I read that someone said this or that............... :sneaky2: I found that disgusting.

Zsina, love your draw, its great! Thanks for sharing!

Btw, now that its been a month, I gave a step back. Started to listend just to his songs all day long and feel really sad............ My dad sais Im crazy cause Im spending more money on him now that when he was alive.......

But you have! In any case, don't worry. I go on like a blubbering idiot all the time. You know what though? Sometimes, there are no words. And that's okay too.

You think you can't express yourself and then you say something like that?! :shocked::wub2: That was beautiful.

We understand completely :huglove:

I know, I know...it's all too sad.

Yep, some things can't be expressed....

I reeeeally wish they'd show the HIStory concert on tv...I really want to see the full thing :sad:

thank you so much! yes, i know u all understand:huglove:

but it's reli making me down.... before watching that, i was still crazily listening to MIKA's recent interviews all day; but now, somehow i juz wanna hear Michael's voice. no more WAG for the moment. *sigh*

About his family. I hate the way some of they and some other people round him, are trying to make money from his death. I used to hate that when he was still alive, but know I just feel offended everytime I read that someone said this or that............... :sneaky2: I found that disgusting.

Btw, now that its been a month, I gave a step back. Started to listend just to his songs all day long and feel really sad............ My dad sais Im crazy cause Im spending more money on him now that when he was alive.......

i'm still kind of suspicious of the whole Jackson's family. too much news has come up, i've lost my mind in deciding who should be trusted and who should not. regardless of money, who reli luv and care abt Michael and his sons and daughter??? i can't decide:no:

we dunno how important someone is to us until he's gone, and we tend to forget the way to treasure someone before it's too late. this's a shame..... but as long as we truely luv the person, time and money are not big factors. for the same reason, it's okay for those who only become fans aft his death:wink2:

and welcome to this forum sunshine!!!!:yay:

MFC's a fun n warm place but somehow i find this thread a little bit different.... it's peaceful and comfortable and it's like everybody here is so rational while emotional at the same time:wub2:

thank you so much! yes, i know u all understand:huglove:

but it's reli making me down.... before watching that, i was still crazily listening to MIKA's recent interviews all day; but now, somehow i juz wanna hear Michael's voice. no more WAG for the moment. *sigh*

MFC's a fun n warm place but somehow i find this thread a little bit different.... it's peaceful and comfortable and it's like everybody here is so rational while emotional at the same time:wub2:

I know, when WAG was first played, I listened to it a lot, but I haven't listened to it since that day :blink: It's all MJ!!!

Yeah, I'm hiding in this thread still :naughty::wub2:

I know, when WAG was first played, I listened to it a lot, but I haven't listened to it since that day :blink: It's all MJ!!!

Me too. :naughty:

It's a great way to deal with grief though. :huglove:

And, I signed the petition. :wub2:

Hello all :bye: And, Welcome aboard SunshineGirl :biggrin2:

I was wondering, have we all been reading the conspiracies?

i'm still kind of suspicious of the whole Jackson's family. too much news has come up, i've lost my mind in deciding who should be trusted and who should not. regardless of money, who reli luv and care abt Michael and his sons and daughter??? i can't decide:no:

we dunno how important someone is to us until he's gone, and we tend to forget the way to treasure someone before it's too late. this's a shame..... but as long as we truely luv the person, time and money are not big factors. for the same reason, it's okay for those who only become fans aft his death:wink2:

Yes. And thats even harder since the press is telling lies too. At least, I think Janet is one we can trust, and I think she really cares about Michael and his kids. :wub2: I just hope all this will stop, so we can let Michael rest in peace for ever (and not having to read theories about his death 40 years later, like with Jimmy Hendrix............)

I told my dad so, but he thinks a real and big fan is the one who has all the albums, posters, magazines, ect.........

Well, this thread is a great place to be too. Dont worry and wait a bit (o ponte pesada). Hope your problem will be solve soon.

Me too. :naughty:

It's a great way to deal with grief though. :huglove:

And, I signed the petition. :wub2:

Hello all :bye: And, Welcome aboard SunshineGirl :biggrin2:

I was wondering, have we all been reading the conspiracies?

Yeah that's true :)

Thanks, it'd be brilliant to have an official day dedicated to him wouldn't it! Though I guess the fans will celebrate it regardless :wink2:

Hmm, I've been avoiding bits but hearing bits....I just feel like 1. it's impossible to know who's telling the truth and 2. it's not going to bring him back :sad:

I mean, there certainly is evidence to suggest that AEG had him killed :tears: but I don't know if the truth will ever really come out..... what do you think?

his family :tears:

Janet is the one i like the most! ^^ but La Toya and Joe Jackson :sneaky2: the only thing they care about is MONEY! it`s really sad.. it`s awful to read "their secrets" everywhere.... ¬¬

my dad love him.. specially because my aunt has been a fan for yearsss.. when he called her after Michael`s death she was crying a lottt! :tears: as many of us, she couldn`t believe he was gone...

my dad bought some dvds a week ago, but i want Dangerous and Off the Wall special edition :mf_lustslow: he doesn`t want to buy them :( i`ll have to start saving money....

his family :tears:

Janet is the one i like the most! ^^ but La Toya and Joe Jackson :sneaky2: the only thing they care about is MONEY! it`s really sad.. it`s awful to read "their secrets" everywhere.... ¬¬

my dad love him.. specially because my aunt has been a fan for yearsss.. when he called her after Michael`s death she was crying a lottt! :tears: as many of us, she couldn`t believe he was gone...

my dad bought some dvds a week ago, but i want Dangerous and Off the Wall special edition :mf_lustslow: he doesn`t want to buy them :( i`ll have to start saving money....

Yes. And I must say that Tito cares a lot about money too :sneaky2: He can be sure I will never forget that he talked about Michael ona a crappy tv show for money, and refused to give an interview for free to a newspaper that just wanted to ask him about his tour................

Im a big fan of MJ cause my dad was. He still loves him, but years passed away and all those weird news made him love a little less........... Anyway, he still has Michael's cassettes and some DVD's. I guess, in some time, they will be mine.:teehee:

Yes. And I must say that Tito cares a lot about money too :sneaky2: He can be sure I will never forget that he talked about Michael ona a crappy tv show for money, and refused to give an interview for free to a newspaper that just wanted to ask him about his tour................

Im a big fan of MJ cause my dad was. He still loves him, but years passed away and all those weird news made him love a little less........... Anyway, he still has Michael's cassettes and some DVD's. I guess, in some time, they will be mine.:teehee:

Huh, lucky you, at home no one really likes him except me....mom even started arguing with me because I was listening to him all the time....blah...:sneaky2:

PS:I'm glad you liked the drawing. :]

Huh, lucky you, at home no one really likes him except me....mom even started arguing with me because I was listening to him all the time....blah...:sneaky2:

PS:I'm glad you liked the drawing. :]

Well, we are 6 people at home. My grandma hates everything I like, my sister the same (even more if its Mika, Michael and Queen cause Im kinda obssesed) and my mum doesnt like or dislike anything at all........ So Im a bit alone. My dad said I become really obssesed with all this, but I cant help it.

Im glad you post the drawing, its fantastic :thumb_yello:

Yeah, I'm hiding in this thread still :naughty:

great! let's hide together for some time:wub2:

Yeah that's true :)

Thanks, it'd be brilliant to have an official day dedicated to him wouldn't it! Though I guess the fans will celebrate it regardless :wink2:

Hmm, I've been avoiding bits but hearing bits....I just feel like 1. it's impossible to know who's telling the truth and 2. it's not going to bring him back :sad:

I mean, there certainly is evidence to suggest that AEG had him killed :tears: but I don't know if the truth will ever really come out..... what do you think?

i'm gonna sign it as well:thumb_yello:

and i dun think we'll ever know anything abt the "truth". everything has become so complicated already:no: and personally i am not interested in having any reports or secrets revealed cuz i think this may do harms to Michael to a certain extent..... let his private life remain private forever!

Well, we are 6 people at home. My grandma hates everything I like, my sister the same (even more if its Mika, Michael and Queen cause Im kinda obssesed) and my mum doesnt like or dislike anything at all........ So Im a bit alone. My dad said I become really obssesed with all this, but I cant help it.

Im glad you post the drawing, its fantastic :thumb_yello:

oh why did they HATE what u like? by no reasons? i guess my mum and dad still hv no idea who the hell mika is, despite my introduction before:naughty: umum i like Queen as well, but not obsession this time:mf_rosetinted:

btw i wanna buy the Bad tour dvd also. but nearly all Amazon reviews say the quality's not good... do u guys have this one?

I guess you're right....I hope you manage to get the dvd! I'm sure the shops will stock up on it soon though!

I sure hope so! I need to see some concert action! Youtube's great for random clips and interviews, but the concert stuff is seriously lacking!

You're welcome! And I'll be on the lookout for it. My friends have agreed to go to Thrill the World this year. I better start practicing my zombie dance moves!

And you're probably right about that. I know I'd want to see it recreated in some way. I wasn't even alive for most the Jackson 5/the Jacksons/MJ stuff!

EDIT: if you guys want to support the idea to make August 29th Michael Jackson Day, please sign http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/make-august-29th-michael-jackson-day-worldwide.html :)

Signed, sealed, delivered!

Yes. And thats even harder since the press is telling lies too. At least, I think Janet is one we can trust, and I think she really cares about Michael and his kids. :wub2: I just hope all this will stop, so we can let Michael rest in peace for ever (and not having to read theories about his death 40 years later, like with Jimmy Hendrix............)

I know what you mean. It's all tipsy topsy right now. I think Janet and Katherine are pretty trustworthy. They're the only ones who haven't been making lots of media comments. So it seems to me they're more focused on caring for the kids than cashing in.

I really don't think they would do that.. After his concerts, he would be worth more, wouldn't he? So I would think if anything, they would wait..

That sounds horrible..

My family thinks I'm crazy too, but my brother's behind me. He's ready to start collection all Mike's records and cd's and stuff. Which makes me happy. He supports me!

And huikings, truer words were never spoken. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a bit of a bandwagon jumper.

oh why did they HATE what u like? by no reasons? i guess my mum and dad still hv no idea who the hell mika is, despite my introduction before:naughty: umum i like Queen as well, but not obsession this time:mf_rosetinted:

Just because I like it. You know, younger sisters :sneaky2:

My family knows Mika, but they think he is................ too girly for they......... They still dont understand the whole thing about me liking him.

I know what you mean. It's all tipsy topsy right now. I think Janet and Katherine are pretty trustworthy. They're the only ones who haven't been making lots of media comments. So it seems to me they're more focused on caring for the kids than cashing in.

My family thinks I'm crazy too, but my brother's behind me. He's ready to start collection all Mike's records and cd's and stuff. Which makes me happy. He supports me!

And huikings, truer words were never spoken. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a bit of a bandwagon jumper.

Yeah, it seems they 2 are the only ones who really love the kids and loved Michael. Its really sad to see how much people loved him without getting the chance to even see him in person and how much his family loved him for his money :sneaky2:

Im glad your bro supports you :thumb_yello: Thats great.

Btw, I wasnt alive till the MJ era. I just got the chance to know Jacksons 5 and The Jacksons music a few years ago.

this's juz how i think. i can be said as a new fan also:wink2:

but sori guys, i've broken my silence in MFC....... cuz of the new WAG vid:teehee:

i can`t understand why the only thing they care is money.. their brother or son passed away in not very clear cincunstances and the thing they care in money! some people can be really heartless :sad:

my mini collection at home will be mine one day too i guess :naughty:

so glad to read that ^^

it`s always good to know that family support our crazyness :naughty:

I NEED HELPP!!!!

i`ll have done a cup printed for a friends b-day and i want to have one too :teehee: but with MJ`s photo or something really colorful related to him..

i can`t find anything good :( i`m looking something like a good siggy... and with nice colours if that`s possible :bleh:

so if anyone have some cute pics, please post them ^^

thankss

i can`t understand why the only thing they care is money.. their brother or son passed away in not very clear cincunstances and the thing they care in money! some people can be really heartless :sad:
Yeah, it seems they 2 are the only ones who really love the kids and loved Michael. Its really sad to see how much people loved him without getting the chance to even see him in person and how much his family loved him for his money :sneaky2:

Im glad your bro supports you :thumb_yello: Thats great.

Btw, I wasnt alive till the MJ era. I just got the chance to know Jacksons 5 and The Jacksons music a few years ago.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I think they love him, he's family, how could they not? I think they've just sort of forgotten that and gotten caught up in the... excitement, if you will. I don't believe that they're truly bad people. Except maybe Joe.. and LaToya. I don't know what to think of her..

Yeah, it's great. :)

Me neither. It's so strange to listen to their music, and realize that you've been hearing it your whole life. You can finally put faces to the music. It's awesome!

this's juz how i think. i can be said as a new fan also:wink2:

I'm glad there's not a whole lot of drama over new fans celebrating him. Usually people get pretty uproarious. I guess it's the MJ love rubbing off! :teehee:

I NEED HELPP!!!!

i`ll have done a cup printed for a friends b-day and i want to have one too :teehee: but with MJ`s photo or something really colorful related to him..

i can`t find anything good :( i`m looking something like a good siggy... and with nice colours if that`s possible :bleh:

thankss

There's TONS of stuff on Photobucket. And this is where I downloaded this great wallpaper set. It has some awesome pictures in there, and they can all be downloaded near the bottom of the page. (The one with the parrot is probably my fave, next to the cute one of him and his little peace heart ring.)

I think I want one of those little peace-hearts on my necklace, Niamh.

P.S. I've always been fascinated by the Dangerous album cover, and I found this cool breakdown of a few parts of it. I wonder what the symbolism for the other facets of it are...? Argh! I want to ask Michael!

Edited by bitter.icarus

I'm sorry it's like that Isa......I share some interests with my family, but, typical me, I always get obsessed so they all think I take it too far.... but I can't help it. If someone inspires me, I have to get obsessed :naughty:

great! let's hide together for some time:wub2

i'm gonna sign it as well:thumb_yello

and i dun think we'll ever know anything abt the "truth". everything has become so complicated already:no: and personally i am not interested in having any reports or secrets revealed cuz i think this may do harms to Michael to a certain extent..... let his private life remain private forever!

btw i wanna buy the Bad tour dvd also. but nearly all Amazon reviews say the quality's not good... do u guys have this one?

Yeah you're right....

I haven't seen that one, so I don't know....

I sure hope so! I need to see some concert action! Youtube's great for random clips and interviews, but the concert stuff is seriously lacking!

I really don't think they would do that.. After his concerts, he would be worth more, wouldn't he? So I would think if anything, they would wait..

hmm.....well, this way there's more mystery and the anticipation of the concerts. If they knew he wasn't fit to do the concerts, they'd be in trouble.

But the tox report is coming out soon, so it should shed some light on it.

I NEED HELPP!!!!

thankss

You'll get loads if you just google. Here are some of my current favourites!

dimity.jpg

b18h.jpg

MJ837.jpg

hehehehe

P.S. I've always been fascinated by the Dangerous album cover, and I found this cool breakdown of a few parts of it. I wonder what the symbolism for the other facets of it are...? Argh! I want to ask Michael!

Oh cool!! Do you have a pic of the heart?

I must have a look at that link, sounds good!

I'm sorry it's like that Isa......I share some interests with my family, but, typical me, I always get obsessed so they all think I take it too far.... but I can't help it. If someone inspires me, I have to get obsessed :naughty:

Haha, me too.

hmm.....well, this way there's more mystery and the anticipation of the concerts. If they knew he wasn't fit to do the concerts, they'd be in trouble.

But the tox report is coming out soon, so it should shed some light on it.

Hmm. How soon? I haven't been keeping track with the media stuff, it makes me depressed and angry.

Michael's such an enigma.. I think that's the main reason people were so vicious, because they couldn't figure him out, so why not make fun of him? I think it's part of his charm, but now that he's gone it's leading to a lot of drama and complications.

BTW, those are some pretty awesome pictures. The second one reminds me of that hilariously cute clip from Speed Demon.

michaeljosephjacksonlit.th.jpg

Here's the wallpaper. The heart's on his ring. (Obviously.. LOL). I've been looking around but I can't find a nice, simple version that I like. Too picky..

my mini collection at home will be mine one day too i guess :naughty:

I cant too. They seem to care about the less important thing. Maybe in their privacy, they are carying more about the whole situation.........

Thats great! Im glad that will be yours. (Im sure my parents will leave me just books, CDs and movies, thats the only thing I want)

I don't think that's necessarily true. I think they love him, he's family, how could they not? I think they've just sort of forgotten that and gotten caught up in the... excitement, if you will. I don't believe that they're truly bad people. Except maybe Joe.. and LaToya. I don't know what to think of her..

Yeah, it's great. :)

Me neither. It's so strange to listen to their music, and realize that you've been hearing it your whole life. You can finally put faces to the music. It's awesome!

There's TONS of stuff on Photobucket. And this is where I downloaded this great wallpaper set. It has some awesome pictures in there, and they can all be downloaded near the bottom of the page. (The one with the parrot is probably my fave, next to the cute one of him and his little peace heart ring.)

Well, we cant be sure about that cause we dont know they that much, but I really hope that they love him just because he was their son/brother and that, at the bottom of their hearts, they are really sad. But what they are showing to us is that they dont care too much....................

Exactly!!! I remember that I loved Shake your body (down to the grown) and didnt knew it was from The Jacksons till 2 years ago. It was great to find that, cause I had always been a big fan of MJ and finding "new" songs of him was............. :wub2:

Nice pics!!!

You'll get loads if you just google. Here are some of my current favourites!

dimity.jpg

b18h.jpg

MJ837.jpg

hehehehe

I must have a look at that link, sounds good!

Well, at least, here we can find people who understands us and shares our crazyness, cause our families wont ever do that :teehee:

Awww, the pic with the baby is sooooooooooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :wub2:

Btw, have you seen that video of him and his kids at Paris b-day?? That was the sweetest thing ever! Love when Prince says: Thanks for giving me ice cream :wub2::wub2: