• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I booked my tickets to see 'This Is It' days ago, going to see it next Tuesday - my whole family is seeing it with me as we all love MJ. I so can't wait to see it - the trailer alone looks freaking amazing, I can only imagine the whole film will be fantastic.

I know I'll have very mixed feelings when I come out afterwards - on the one hand I will have been wowed by just what a genius he was but on the other just so sad and emotional that this concert was never to be and that he's gone... I guess we all just have to focus on the positive and remember him as the greatest showman on earth (as this film will testify) rather than dwell on what we have lost.

OK I'm not going to give anything away, but I have to say a few things.

He still had it.

He could sing and dance as spine-chillingly amazing as ever, it is just unbelievable that he was 50.

There is a lot of love and joy in this. You can see these little smiles on his face when he's performing. He's such a tease as well. And you see Michael the man, as well as the genius...how he has these instincts about the music and these sounds in his head....whoa. And his sense of humour is wonderful and so cute!

You will all love it.

OK I have an exam to do.....

Love to all

xxx

He still had it.

He could sing and dance as spine-chillingly amazing as ever, it is just unbelievable that he was 50.

There is a lot of love and joy in this. You can see these little smiles on his face when he's performing. He's such a tease as well. And you see Michael the man, as well as the genius...how he has these instincts about the music and these sounds in his head....whoa. And his sense of humour is wonderful and so cute!

You will all love it.

Love to all

xxx

wow.. it sounds really good :wub2:

I'm going to see it tonight, I'm SO excited but kinda nervous too!

good luck with your exam :thumb_yello:

He still had it.

You will all love it.

Love to all

xxx

I agree 100%. I thought they had the perfect mix of actual concert-like feel, and behind-the-scenes footage. I kept turning to my friend and whispering, "omg this is LIVE" because it sounds SO incredible. With great fitness, it's possible to keep up the dancing, but keeping a VOICE through your 50's is ASTOUNDING. He honestly sounded better than he did at the Bucharest Concert in '92 that I have on DVD. They also captured cute little moments where he just interacted with Kenny, or the dancers.

Most of all you could just tell that he was SO dedicated. He poured himself into this tour. It was pure magic.

hello to all I am new in the forum, I hope that then you should tell how the movie was I will not go to see it:biggrin2:

thank you

Ok: I'm not a fan. Not a big one. But I couldn't hold it back. I have cried and cried and cried and it's unbelieveable...more for the fact that I have tried my best to hold them when he died..and hadn't shed these many. But I tell you it's breathtaking!

I left the cinema with a strong hope that he is alive! :tears: and he's just making out of this death a whole scenery for THE greatest come back only he could do! :tears:

I just got back from this is it.. wow.:wub2:

It was so good! One minute I was crying, the next I was laughing and dancing. He said some really cute things :wub2:

At the end everybody was clapping and me and my friend were sitting there, holding each others hands and I was just thinking: Ok, take a deep breath, I don't wanna sit here and cry when the lights go on! The picture at the end was really beautifull..

Ok: I'm not a fan. Not a big one. But I couldn't hold it back. I have cried and cried and cried and it's unbelieveable...more for the fact that I have tried my best to hold them when he died..and hadn't shed these many. But I tell you it's breathtaking!

I left the cinema with a strong hope that he is alive! :tears: and he's just making out of this death a whole scenery for THE greatest come back only he could do! :tears:

I just got back from this is it.. wow.

It was so good! One minute I was crying, the next I was laughing and dancing. He said some really cute things

At the end everybody was clapping and me and my friend were sitting there, holding each others hands and I was just thinking: Ok, take a deep breath, I don't wanna sit here and cry when the lights go on! The picture at the end was really beautifull..

Now I really can't wait to see it!

I hope we can still get tickets!

Oh, and they had an advertisement at the cinema for a : Dance like Michael Jackson workshop!

I'm so gonna do that.

Just hope I can convince one of my friends to come with me.

Oh! that sounds awesome!

Hey, I know someone who wants to make graphics for me - and I wanted her to make something Michael related- but I don't have any pics- Do you guys have any favourites?

indeed no one can hurt Michael now can they which is a positive thing (I always used to say he'd be better off dead then no one could torture the poor soul) not that I was ever thinking I wanted him to die NEVER no way jose, just that that would be THE only way for him to ever escape the hellishness & nastiness directed at him & he could finally be free if you get my meaning

just like when someone you love is suffering from say a horrible disease you do NOT EVER want them to die but it's kinda the only way they could escape their torture if you get my meaning?!?

I wish he was still with us more than anyone but at least the only tiny positive side is no matter what anyone says it can't hurt him now (at least i hope so anyhow!)

yes i reckon he is watching over us

I swear somedays when singing my "tribute" version of y.a.n.a & I sing something whispers in my ear & say you are not alone etc etc etc that the blowing sensation in my ear is MJ lol it's happened way too many times i'll tell you:teehee:

yup,i understand.i mean,just look at how much he suffered in his life.his children were his only joy,and some friends,only a few of them understood him and accepted him for who he is.and i think he knew that most of hs friends are going to backstab him and as you can see after his death,they did.it's very hurtful but i couldn't agree more with you,he's better off dead.no one can hurt him,not even the media.they can say all they want,michael can't hear them anyway.they should seriously get a life,especially those paparazzis who have been following his children around.give them space for goodness' sake! :sneaky2:

seriously??i have to try that someday, :naughty: i guess sometimes it IS him,who knows?whatever you do,don't forget to say hi the next time it happens.he might reply! :wub2:

He still had it.

You will all love it.

Love to all

xxx

wonderful! thanks niamh! now i'm really really eager to catch it!

hello to all I am new in the forum, I hope that then you should tell how the movie was I will not go to see it:biggrin2:

thank you

wow! you're not a fanbut you loved it! it must have been really good!

i hate the whole concept of this movie.

its a cash cow. not what michael would have wanted :sad:

i agree,but we couldn't help but grab our last chance to see him live like that could we?

i hate the whole concept of this movie.

its a cash cow. not what michael would have wanted :sad:

Yeah ! I agree !

but i've seen the film yesterday OMG it's wondeful !!!

You can tottaly imagine the concert and everything !

And the concert organizer (don'tsure it's like this that we call that guy...) lost a lot of money because of MJ's death. So I thinks it's normal he try to make a little bit.

This film is exellent ! But i'm sad, wa can't see the Billie Jean's Clothes ! (I'm interested in fashion, and this one seems to be so surreal) and we can't see MJ dance on the iluminate floor like ine the music vid !!!

RIP MJ. They prove to the world you were the king of pop.

Yeah ! I agree !

but i've seen the film yesterday OMG it's wondeful !!!

You can tottaly imagine the concert and everything !

And the concert organizer (don'tsure it's like this that we call that guy...) lost a lot of money because of MJ's death. So I thinks it's normal he try to make a little bit.

This film is exellent ! But i'm sad, wa can't see the Billie Jean's Clothes ! (I'm interested in fashion, and this one seems to be so surreal) and we can't see MJ dance on the iluminate floor like ine the music vid !!!

RIP MJ. They prove to the world you were the king of pop.

i doubt... juz doubt, if he is (they are?) making even more money now.......

He still had it.

You will all love it.

Love to all

xxx

I agree 100%. I thought they had the perfect mix of actual concert-like feel, and behind-the-scenes footage. I kept turning to my friend and whispering, "omg this is LIVE" because it sounds SO incredible. With great fitness, it's possible to keep up the dancing, but keeping a VOICE through your 50's is ASTOUNDING. He honestly sounded better than he did at the Bucharest Concert in '92 that I have on DVD. They also captured cute little moments where he just interacted with Kenny, or the dancers.

Most of all you could just tell that he was SO dedicated. He poured himself into this tour. It was pure magic.

What the poop? My comment disappeared! But THANK you guys for all the feedback. I'm really psyched to see it tomorrow. My only worry is that I won't have a hard copy to take home and reply over and over. :aah:

i doubt... juz doubt, if he is (they are?) making even more money now.......

I don't think so. You guys have to remember that Michael was also majorly in debt. A lot of the money is also going towards his estate, and his children. I like to think I'm helping them out as much as I can. Also, if Sony decided not to release the movie, there would be a huge uproar, so why not? When it comes down to it, it's all about business, and making people happy means money most of the time. :dunno:

I also managed to get my hands on a copy of Dancing the Dream today from the library (which I'm planning to get myself for Christmas! :naughty:). So far my favourite reflection/essay/thingabobber has to be So The Elephants March. It's fabulous! I'm a happy camper!

What the poop? My comment disappeared! But THANK you guys for all the feedback. I'm really psyched to see it tomorrow. My only worry is that I won't have a hard copy to take home and reply over and over. :aah:

Hopefully I'll see it tomorrow too. :aah::aah::aah:

I don't think so. You guys have to remember that Michael was also majorly in debt. A lot of the money is also going towards his estate, and his children. I like to think I'm helping them out as much as I can. Also, if Sony decided not to release the movie, there would be a huge uproar, so why not? When it comes down to it, it's all about business, and making people happy means money most of the time.

Exactly what I was thinking. I think this might actually be more for the fans than for greed. Man, even though he did go, at least he left us this.

Hopefully I'll see it tomorrow too. :aah::aah::aah:

Exactly what I was thinking. I think this might actually be more for the fans than for greed. Man, even though he did go, at least he left us this.

You took the words out of my mouth.

Okay, so I just came back from it. My thoughts? It was amazing. As first I wasn't really too sure what to expect, but every single part was enjoyable. It made me laugh, it made me cry (right now, I'm still tearing!), and most of all, it made me appreciate Michael so much more. I love Thriller and Earth Song, they're outstanding, but really, there wasn't a dull moment. I was worried I'd be a little upset after seeing it. But after the credits rolled, and the bonus scene played, it left me with a complete feeling. If there's one thing I learned from this film, it's that Michael truly loves his fans. Kenny Ortega did a brilliant job with this. It was raw, it was real, and it really was it.

Okay, so I just came back from it. My thoughts? It was amazing. As first I wasn't really too sure what to expect, but every single part was enjoyable. It made me laugh, it made me cry (right now, I'm still tearing!), and most of all, it made me appreciate Michael so much more. I love Thriller and Earth Song, they're outstanding, but really, there wasn't a dull moment. I was worried I'd be a little upset after seeing it. But after the credits rolled, and the bonus scene played, it left me with a complete feeling. If there's one thing I learned from this film, it's that Michael truly loves his fans. Kenny Ortega did a brilliant job with this. It was raw, it was real, and it really was it.

yes yes and yes. wonderful. I'm glad you loved it too :)

Sorry I haven't been around.......conferences, exams, talks......and Michael-related emotion. I'm actually heading to bed now lol..

Love to all

xxx

wow i'm thrilled ick! but i'm almost teary-eyed again knowing how amazing michael's 'what could have been it'. :tears:

wow i'm thrilled ick! but i'm almost teary-eyed again knowing how amazing michael's 'what could have been it'. :tears:

Oh, Yana. Trust me, it's really not about 'what could have been'. It's what is. It's what HE is. He's out there, dancing on the stars, sleeping in clouds, looking over all of us. Everyone has to leave sometime, and I think this was the perfect time for him. :blush-anim-cl: He went out on top, truly.

Oh, Yana. Trust me, it's really not about 'what could have been'. It's what is. It's what HE is. He's out there, dancing on the stars, sleeping in clouds, looking over all of us. Everyone has to leave sometime, and I think this was the perfect time for him. :blush-anim-cl: He went out on top, truly.

awww you always have the right words to make things better :wub2: i seriously can't wait to watch it! and i'm glad that most people still describe him as 'is' instead of 'was'.just that i hope people will finally end all those stupid tabloid junk,that's all to it.

seen the movie yesterday... speachless!!!

MJ 100% real artist...and nothing more.. no gossip, no private life, ONLY music and love!

It's been a great gift for fans all over the world let them see how good Micheal was working at his show!