First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhhh I can't wait till I hear the whole of this. For now I'm just going to say that i like it, cos i do, but hopefully on Monday I will decide that I love it..

And the way he say " We are golden" reminds me of the guy's voice in this clip.

:naughty:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:I love Flight of the Conchords!

And yeah it does sound like him now, come to think of it:naughty:

you'd think by now that people would know that his father is NOT libanese

and his mother is NOT american.

i suppose Mika is going to have to repeat himself.... :blink:

Mika, auteur-compositeur (et ex-chanteur d'opéra) aux origines diverses : maman américaine, papa libanais, est né à Beyrouth puis a grandi jusqu'à neuf ans à Paris avant de suivre sa famille à Londres. Ses atouts ? Son amour pour la pop des 70's et sa recherche de l'excellence. Il a vendu en France plus d'1.2 million d'exemplaires de son premier opus "Life In A Cartoon Motion", incluant la poignée de tubes "Grace Kelly", "Relax, Take It Easy", "Love Today", "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)", "Happy Ending", ou encore "Lollipop".

I wasn't sure at first but the more I listen to it the more I'm getting to like it, I need to hear the whole song to really pass proper judgement on it tbh. I thought the "young and you want some" would have a bit more punch to it, like it has in the vlog.

Can't wait to hear the whole song now!:thumb_yello:

Only four letters will suffice here....OMFG!!!!!!

First listen I was literally like this :shocked:, in fact I thought it was a joke, it sounds nothing like Mika and who is the kid with the Cockney accent?? And I thought, Mika has regressed to chewing gum jingles. :naughty: I was shocked. I had a cheesy image of Zac Effron dancing in front of my eyes...........

After a few listens I have focussed in more on the beat, the piano backing and the rock overtones..all positive things. I think it will grow on me, a bit like fungus :naughty:

Not sure about those lyrics either :teehee:.

I reserve the right to completely change my opinion of it after hearing the whole thing on Monday!

French Deb..thank you for posting.

Only four letters will suffice here....OMFG!!!!!!

First listen I was literally like this :shocked:, in fact I thought it was a joke, it sounds nothing like Mika and who is the kid with the Cockney accent?? And I thought, Mika has regressed to chewing gum jingles. :naughty: I was shocked. I had a cheesy image of Zac Effron dancing in front of my eyes...........

After a few listens I have focussed in more on the beat, the piano backing and the rock overtones..all positive things. I think it will grow on me, a bit like fungus :naughty:

Not sure about those lyrics either :teehee:.

I reserve the right to completely change my opinion of it after hearing the whole thing on Monday!

French Deb..thank you for posting.

I get what you mean lol :naughty:

I personally love the bit "who gives a damn about the family ou come from?"....

It IS very teenagey, I can understand the HSM comparison..."teenage dreams in a teenage circus, running around like a cloud on purpose..." but it just sounds so happy it just fills me with pure happiness :blush-anim-cl:

Can't wait to hear the entire song...!!

looks like everybody is in shock :naughty:

Yes!! The clip is something I didn't expect. And now it all makes sense, I mean the whole idea about album being about his teenage years. Everything seems so clear now :shocked: It's going to be a masterpiece :fangurl:

How can this little clip of music have an effect like this? I feel I can't take this anymore, I can't wait anymore!! :roftl: I wish I could listen to it over and over again, but I need to travel, because I changed my holiday plans so I could be on-line on Monday. Monday... :wub2:

Thanks for posting this!!

Edited by tiibet

Yes!! It is something I didn't expect. And now it all makes sense, I mean the whole idea about album being about his teenage years. Everything seems so clear now :shocked: It's going to be a masterpiece :fangurl:

How can this little clip of music have an effect like this? I feel I can't take this anymore, I can't wait anymore!! :roftl: I wish I could listen to it over and over again, but I need to travel, because I changed my holiday plans so I could be on-line on Monday. Monday... :wub2:

Thanks for posting this!!

MONDAY :wub2::wub2::wub2::fangurl:

I get what you mean lol :naughty:

I personally love the bit "who gives a damn about the family ou come from?"....

It IS very teenagey, I can understand the HSM comparison..."teenage dreams in a teenage circus, running around like a cloud on purpose..." but it just sounds so happy it just fills me with pure happiness :blush-anim-cl:

Can't wait to hear the entire song...!!

Yes, that bit is good.

The thing is, my reaction was like this: :shocked:, which speaks volumes for Mika doesn't it? That was kind of the effect LICM had on me when I first heard it. The very fact he can surprise, shock, and make us question, is all good. People will not be able to NOT have an opinion on We Are Golden. It is going to be adored, or loathed. Long live Marmite! :teehee:

I am pretty sure by Monday night I will love it :naughty:.

edit: melman92, no you're not the only one!

Yes, that bit is good.

The thing is, my reaction was like this: :shocked:, which speaks volumes for Mika doesn't it? That was kind of the effect LICM had on me when I first heard it. The very fact he can surprise, shock, and make us question, is all good. People will not be able to NOT have an opinion on We Are Golden. It is going to be adored, or loathed. Long live Marmite! :teehee:

I am pretty sure by Monday night I will love it :naughty:.

Exactly :naughty:

It's not a "yeah it's cool" kinda song....it's either a "OMG I LOVE IT!" or a "wtf?" kinda song...:naughty: