Global Pop Phenomenon, MIKA, Releases Sophomore Album September 22

dcdeb

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should've at least named the album "You Are Golden"...you know, mix it up a bit. :dunno:

Or other permutations thereof...This Is Golden, I Am Golden, You Are Golden, That's Golden, When It's Golden, When I Was Golden (adolescent theme) or heck, just "Golden". :teehee:

Sigh. I'm moaning now, because I do think it's lazy, and they could have come up with SOMETHING better than to copy the song title word for word.

But I'm sure that when I get the album in my hands, I'm not going to care...heck, I'm sure I'll be thinking "He could call this 'LICM v2.0' and I'd still love it." :naughty:

Or other permutations thereof...This Is Golden, I Am Golden, You Are Golden, That's Golden, When It's Golden, When I Was Golden (adolescent theme) or heck, just "Golden". :teehee:

Sigh. I'm moaning now, because I do think it's lazy, and they could have come up with SOMETHING better than to copy the song title word for word.

But I'm sure that when I get the album in my hands, I'm not going to care...heck, I'm sure I'll be thinking "He could call this 'LICM v2.0' and I'd still love it." :naughty:

Ditto. :naughty:

It makes me cringe that it's actually one of the song titles, but hopefully the actual song will make me learn to love it :naughty:

------

He should've at least named the album "You Are Golden"...you know, mix it up a bit. :dunno:

Yeah:roftl: I hope if I don't like it, it'll grown on me. Eventually it does:naughty: But when it's exclusively Mika.:aah:

What I have in my mind from that track is like the song from Sweeney Todd, that goes "I steeeeaaal youuu Joannaaa", I think it'll be a bit corny... But I'm being too critical already and haven't heard it:blush-anim-cl:

Yeah:blink:

I second this:naughty:

I'm sure I'll be paying attention to the damn music :teehee:

Yeah:roftl: I hope if I don't like it, it'll grown on me. Eventually it does:naughty: But when it's exclusively Mika.:aah:

What I have in my mind from that track is like the song from Sweeney Todd, that goes "I steeeeaaal youuu Joannaaa", I think it'll be a bit corny... But I'm being too critical already and haven't heard it:blush-anim-cl:

I love that song :teehee:

"I feeeeeeeel you Joannnnnnnaaaaaaa" :serenade:

Mika in that? :blink::teehee:

No us. In many of the early (first gigs), Mika encouraged his fans to fancy dress (dress in costume) - so I thought this outfit might be an option for some. :naughty:

And so the confusion begins.

Begins???:mf_rosetinted:

We have so many release dates...UK, US, JAPAN even thinks they are getting the album on Sept 16th WTF that is so not going to happen:aah: If it does you will hear me screaming in mid-Canada:biggrin2:

So...maybe "We Are Golden, we like the moon" fancy dress looks like this for our next gig? :teehee:

mdjf-960383-1.jpg

I thought maybe we would get something more like...well maybe not quite like...this:

308651613_622e5130eb.jpg

No us. In many of the early (first gigs), Mika encouraged his fans to fancy dress (dress in costume) - so I thought this outfit might be an option for some. :naughty:

I wish I was here to do that really:naughty:

Love making a fool of myself:teehee:

I thought maybe we would get something more like...well maybe not quite like...this:

308651613_622e5130eb.jpg

Yikes. That's determination. They remind me of the Oscar awards. I'm afraid the only gold makeup I have is eyeshadow. :blink:

Begins???:mf_rosetinted:

We have so many release dates...UK, US, JAPAN even thinks they are getting the album on Sept 16th WTF that is so not going to happen:aah: If it does you will hear me screaming in mid-Canada:biggrin2:

308651613_622e5130eb.jpg

Hahahah That's an option too.. I like it!:das:

After I read this the second time through, something compelled me to go back and watch the Grace Kelly video. I had so many thoughts:

I love Mika

Why am I a Mika fan?

I must be insane for it

Can We Are Golden possibly be any better than this?

This is the Mika I fell in love with, will I still love him if he changes too much?

So in short:

I am scared for We Are Golden.

After I read this the second time through, something compelled me to go back and watch the Grace Kelly video. I had so many thoughts:

I love Mika

Why am I a Mika fan?

I must be insane for it

This is the Mika I fell in love with, will I still love him if he changes too much?

So in short:

me too, it's a damn mix of emotions :blink: I'm confused

I love Mika

Why am I a Mika fan?

I must be insane for it

So in short:

:roftl:

I thought that too, when I played LICM a couple days ago for the first time in a few good months!:naughty:

I'm scared.. But excited!