MIKA @ Latitude Festival: 18-07-2009 REPORTS, PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

Suzy

More likely his goddaughter's :roftl: ...

Cheers,

Id3

:blink: This is a good one, indeed! :roftl:

oh yea, i loved his performance,,, makes me want to go see him live again!

altho the festival was fun, an the other acts were good i think an only Mika show would be good to go see too :)

I know what you mean. :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thx guys :)

yup, i think i will go see him live again for sure :) hopefully get more than just 40 minutes then,

an also would love to hear him sing any other world live... its my fave song by him, as well as happy ending :wub2:

yup, i think i will go see him live again for sure :) hopefully get more than just 40 minutes then,

an also would love to hear him sing any other world live... its my fave song by him, as well as happy ending :wub2:

Oh you should have said you were beccy from MFC!

Love your pic of the sheep!

Oh you should have said you were beccy from MFC!

Love your pic of the sheep!

i didnt get to talk to him unfortunatly, i didnt realise he would come out :shocked:

the sheep pic :) i took it on my phone while there :) i think the sheep were awesome, but not as awesome as seein Mika for first time :)

i didnt get to talk to him unfortunatly, i didnt realise he would come out :shocked:

the sheep pic :) i took it on my phone while there :) i think the sheep were awesome, but not as awesome as seein Mika for first time :)

But you took our photo? Were you the girl with short dark hair and glasses?

And in London and god knows where else. Although his dad doesn't always turn up, his mother nearly always does, and I've seen Fortune at a lot of gigs too, not just recently.

I've seen him too, at Westerpark last year:naughty:

Yeah, I was just talking to my mom about that. I was like "It must suck being a parent. You always have to act excited and pretend that you like your child's crappy artwork." :naughty:

Yeah. But I think it's adorable when a little kid tries to do something creative:naughty:

i don't like them at all. they remind me of the beads that everyone wear Mardi Gras festivities in new orleans:blink:

:

Yeah! They reminded me of that too!

I never thought I would ever hear Mika sing I will survive:roftl:

Me neither:lmfao:

Nice video..are you into filmmaking or business?? :thumb_yello:

:

FILMMAKING! But getting there I have to participate at all sorts of contests for filmmakers to train myslef somehow, and this was the first one so far. :aah:

Well, I was sleeping peacefully, and at 6.30am, I was woken by a text from Babs, asking if I could drive her to Latitude (because her neck was still not great, and she couldn't drive), if she got hold of a ticket for me!

Well, when I got up and started to focus on what just happened, I realised tha I could only say one thing.

Of course!

So, by 8.30am, I was on the road to Welwyn to pick Babs up, thinking, how the heck did I get this lucky?

Picked Babs up at 11, and we hit the road to Suffolk, on an incredibly glorious sunny day. At one point a couple of raindrops appeared on the windscreen, but they vanished as soon as they came.

We got to Latitude about 2pm, and after driving a round in a circle, because they decided to change the gate for Day Ticketers from green to red, we got in parked up and I went to pick up a ticket from the box office (thanks again Babs, you're a star), and we eventually (blimey, what a walk) got into the arena area.

When we had had a coffee to boost us again, we went into the Uncut tent, got up the front (by the speakers, left of the stage), and watched Paloma Faith, who was dressed in a circus assistants blue and white sparkly leotard. The stage had balloons, and giant dominoes littered around it. She's quite good live, and certainly got he crowd ready for Mika.

After she had finished, while they were setting the stage up for Mika, Andy popped out, and we said a quick hello, before he dashed off. saw John on stage, was surprised, as he never usually does that, but after seeing Ellies report, I understand why.

Mika came on and did brilliant set, got GK spot on, no duff notes, celesta worked pefectly for Toy Boy (he did take off his long beads, as he said they were choking him),STIM was when the planes were released, he got everyone singing along to the chorus of BIOTG, surprisingly did OMS, but not Relax, Rain or Lady Jane. For the storm before BG, he had a glittery silver umbrella, and Dan and Alexander played the dustbins for Lollipop.

Me and Babs were stood beside these young lads, to start with, an a lady with her children behind us. At first it seemed she was trying to push her whole family in between us and the boys, but it was only her 2 little girls who were tiny, so we let them in, in fact one of the boys ended up with one of the girls on his shoulders for a while (he wasn't really much taller, bless him). But near the end people started pushing from the back, and the 2 little one started getting pushed into the barrier, so the mum asked security to get them out. Funnily, two other girls asked to go over as well, I think the thought they would get round the back, but they just got taken to the other end of the barrier, an llifted out again.

While Blue Eyes was on, me and Babs were singing away, and the lady was puzzled, and said, "Wow, you are real Mika fans!" and I asked her di she not have the EP, and she looked at me blankly and said "what EP?"

Guess I'm hardcore! LOL!!!

When it finished, and the crowd went off (the tent was PACKED!), Andy came over, through the crowd. He said he'd got a rare weekend off, and watched the set from the audience for a change. He told us the video for WAG is brilliant, and they worked really hard on it, and hope we like the single. He was surprised to hear about the clip, that's circulating, and asked what was on it. But he doesn't go on the net much, as he seems to be solidly working, and when we talked about Mikas tweets, he looked completely blank and said he hadn't got a clue what we were talking about, ha ha! Then he went off to see Patrick Wolf.

After we caught up with Fanny, Steph, Sophie, LeRei and MikaClip, and chatted for a while about the set, just hanging around the tent.

I never expected Mika to come out to talk to anyone, festivals aren't usually easy to do that at. But he eventually did for 10 mins, took a few pics with people (thank you Steph, looking forward to seeing them). He was really sweet, and chatty, but apologised, that he had to go and do another interview, and went off again. I asked him if it was okay to dress up at Bestival, and he said it was, so the Golden Astronaut is on!

I did try to encourage him to go to Grace Jones, but so many people were talking, I don't think he heard, but I hope he did. I wanted to, but there was an evil looking rain cloud hovering just before she came on, so I legged it back to the van, but all it did was drizzle! I was gutted!

We then just sat in the sun outside the tent, listened to Scott Matthews, Newton Faulkener (both amazing live), drinking and chatting for a while. Mika went off after an hour into the crowd, to see some of the other acts I assume.

So we just chilled, tried to recruit some people to MFC and just had a great time, for the rest of the night.

I think I got home, about 5am this morning:naughty:

Thanks for report Rose!:thumb_yello:

You lucky things seeing him to talk to - hope I get to do that one day, would be great.

And thanks to everyone who posted pictures and vids - and for kind support re drunk idiot - I feel all hugged! This is a lovely club...

:group_hug:

Off to watch the vids...

x

Once you've seen him live, you keep wanting more haha, I think we all suffer the same thing here:naughty:

I've seen him too, at Westerpark last year:naughty:

Yeah, that was memorable, wasn't it?:mf_rosetinted:

I think the review is a bit disappointing, because they never mentioned his new stuff or the single. But I see nothing wrong with Mika being thought of as someone kids can relate to, or his gigs being like parties or pantomimes. Mika IS a big kid lets face it, and it's far better for him to be thought of as someone kids love, than someone who is lewd and coarse and only fit for an 18+ audiance.

I love Mika's sense of fun. His gigs are like parties and he brings out the inner child in all of us, including me, who is 54 years old, he is wonderful and he really is our 'Golden Boy'.

But I agree that the reviewer shoud have mentioned the music and especially his new stuff

I totally agree with you!!!!

Oh you should have said! It's your flag too now!

haha, i did say i recently joined this site :) nice to know tho hehe, glad to of taken the pic for ya, maybe we can meet up at the next Mika event we all go to :)