MIKA @ Latitude Festival: 18-07-2009 REPORTS, PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

Suzy

M. H. P. Snr was there :swoon: ? And you're still alive to talk about it :shocked: ! Babs, you are TOUGH :thumb_yello: .

Cheers,

Id3

Hid dad was in Paris too. :naughty: and the rest of the family. I have to say something. Waiting to get inside the venue, his brother came and when I saw him I thought he was a super obssessed fan who tends to look JUST LIKE MIKA! :aah: He looks exactly like him, he wears glasses though.

erm...kindof off-topic. I have cut the ToyBoy performance from the BBC 2 show recording of yesterday:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w91rkq

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hid dad was in Paris too. :naughty: and the rest of the family. I have to say something. Waiting to get inside the venue, his brother came and when I saw him I thought he was a super obssessed fan who tends to look JUST LIKE MIKA! :aah: He looks exactly like him, he wears glasses though.

erm...kindof off-topic. I have cut the ToyBoy performance from the BBC 2 show recording of yesterday:

And in London and god knows where else. Although his dad doesn't always turn up, his mother nearly always does, and I've seen Fortune at a lot of gigs too, not just recently.

I know he was :sneaky2: ... and in London too :sneaky2: ... But I WASN'T :crybaby: !

Cheers,

Id3

And in London and god knows where else. Although his dad doesn't always turn up, his mother nearly always does, and I've seen Fortune at a lot of gigs too, not just recently.

Thanks kindly for rubbing it in, Babs :sneaky2: ... tough AND sadistic :devil: .

Of course he doesn't, he's got to make money, hasn't he :rolleyes: ?

Cheers,

Id3

If I were his family, I'd probably get sick of hearing the same songs and watching the same performance :dunno:

Just goes to show what a great bunch of people they are :wub2:

Yes I agree, of course they great and supporting to him, it’s lovely to see!:thumb_yello:

And then there are some things that only a mother has the stamina to do…:wink2:

Have you ever seen a little kid on the playground yelling: look at meee, mum, look at mee!

Over and over and over again!:naughty:

And whos looking? Mum :thumb_yello: maybe grandma too?

Yes I agree, of course they great and supporting to him, it’s lovely to see!:thumb_yello:

And then there are some things that only a mother has the stamina to do…:wink2:

Have you ever seen a little kid on the playground yelling: look at meee, mum, look at mee!

Over and over and over again!:naughty:

And whos looking? Mum :thumb_yello: maybe grandma too?

Yeah, I was just talking to my mom about that. I was like "It must suck being a parent. You always have to act excited and pretend that you like your child's crappy artwork." :naughty:

Yeah, I was just talking to my mom about that. I was like "It must suck being a parent. You always have to act excited and pretend that you like your child's crappy artwork." :naughty:

What did your mom say?:wink2:

I can guess...it's part acting but most of the time you just love your little one and all his whims!:wub2:

Oh he was very obliging there were only about eight of us there.

He laughed at me. :tears::lmfao:

oh :lmao: why did he?

*subscribes*

I'm loving his necklace!

i don't like them at all. they remind me of the beads that everyone wear Mardi Gras festivities in new orleans:blink:

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/02/18/mardigras_wideweb__470x324,0.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/02/18/1140151840574.html%3Ffrom%3Drss&usg=___9mq_XSUy1Z3D6LpykxsC5W6vqM=&h=324&w=470&sz=36&hl=en&start=19&um=1&tbnid=GrElV5c5KWmAtM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmardi%2Bgras%2Bnew%2Borleans%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D18%26um%3D1

I dunno? Well he made me laugh too. He's a funny bugger.:naughty:

ah! FANGURL ALERT! :fangurl:

If I were his family, I'd probably get sick of hearing the same songs and watching the same performance :dunno:

I wouldn't unless I thought he sucked. :naughty: I mean if you can listen to an album 100 times you can watch a performance that many.

I think his family spend so much time working the show it's not like parents sitting in the audience at the Christmas pageant in any case.

Oh, Geeeeeeeez I just remembered something regarding the paper planes thing. :roftl:

On my way to becoming a professional filmmaker I gotta lay some small bricks first. One of my first brick was my participation of this year in a European contest for young filmmakers where you had to send a short video where you'd have to express the best way you could the idea of "why is it good for young european union-citizens to develop their own bussiness?"

Anyway and blabla...:roftl:

here is my video I made back in march-april I think, is 1 min long: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2563094/eeva2009_make_your_dreams_fly/

AFTER YOU WATCH IT: sweet coincidences of life! :wub2::aah::biggrin2:

One thing is sure, his father is not blasé about his talent.

You can see him on June 11th enthusiastically shaking it with the crowd during Relax :insane: , or sending big balloons back to the stage :freak: , next to Yasmine who was much more sedate.

I suppose working with her brother, which MHP Snr doesn't, takes off part of the magic ? Proud as she obviously is, JP is quieter during gigs too.

Cheers,

Id3

You know what? You don't think it's crappy when it's your own kid's! :wink2:

I can totally understand watching the same show night after night and

not getting bored or tired of it, when you can see how happy it makes

your kid. And I would think with something like Mika's show each one

is just different enough to keep it interesting, especially with this

festival show -- different again from something like the Le Poisson Rouge

show, I should think. :thumb_yello: