Mika at German Radio stations 21.?+22.7.09

mellody

ok so here's my meeting report. :bleh: first part was a few pages ago, short summary, we walked by that hotel on our way back from the radio station, he was sitting outside in a cafe and waved us over. his sister was there (she left when we came), and another woman.

i first told him that i'm sorry and really didn't want to disturb him at the hotel, but we just saw him on our way back from the radio station... and he just said sth like no problem... it seemed perfectly ok for him. he was in a really good mood, all chatty, smiley and just really sweet!

then i introduced sarah from the german forum to him - he shook hands with us - but hi and goodbye was all they talked, she didn't say anything else and i must admit that i completely forgot she was there while i was talking with mika... :blush-anim-cl: she said it was ok for her though, she was busy admiring him and his shoes (the louboutin ones again, though i didn't see them, was too concentrated on his face and his shirt). :naughty:

he was wearing a really crazy shirt, black with a face (eyes/nose/mouth) made up of lots of small plastic stones (similar to those on the rucksack he had in berlin), so after the "hi how are you's" i said "interesting shirt..." and he said that it's a monster face and that the eyes look like boobies *insert typical cute mika giggle here*... :roftl:

i told him that we had waited for him at bayern3 but then got a text that it was already over, and he said, yeah it's all pre-recorded and later they pretend it's live - well, he's right with that. he told me that it was a lot of interviews the last few days and that today was the first time that he had a bit of time to relax in between, and that he'd fly to milan later and would've to start working tomorrow at 7 am, and next would be rehearsals. so it's a lot of work, but it's fun.

i then told him i would've loved to go to the itunes festival but now can't due to work (he then pulled a face and said sth like "ah, it's always work!" :bleh:), and that a lot of MFCers were going there without having tickets for sure, and he said he's trying to organize tickets - for details bout that conversation, see my post in the itunes thread, though i now know that the mods are taking care of it anyway. :wink2:

and i told him i liked that magic numbers thing and whether it was his idea (sarah had asked me that question before, and i wasn't sure...) - and he said yes, and that they were planning to give points for posting on the mfc. i asked, is it for old posts too, or only new ones, and he opened his mouth to answer but then laughed and said he won't say anything else as they first have to figure out how to do it and he can't promise anything. i mentioned also that it might be a problem if ppl upload pix that are not their own, think he looked a bit like he hadn't thought about that before and said that's true and sth like that they were constantly improving the system.

not sure if i forgot anything, anyway, he then said he has to leave and do an interview, shook hands with us for goodbye, and while packing his stuff from the table he said casually that he had mentioned me on the radio (or did he say in an interview, don't remember...) - and i was like "what, me?!?", and he told me that he had said that one of his fans had created the character grey skelly... i then said, well, i didn't create it, you did, i just made a costume out of it... and he said, well the name... then i told him that it wasn't me but someone else from mfc (i'm sure i've told him that before, but seems like he forgot... guess i'll always be grey skelly to him, can't get rid of that the same way he can't get rid of playing grace kelly at every gig, lol!). and while leaving he shrugged and said sth like doesn't matter, take the credit for it anyway. lol! :lmao: sorry to the one who actually invented the name, don't remember who it was, but you can't blame me for not telling him again and again, lol! :lmfao:

ah, i just noticed i can now use more than 8 smileys in a post, great! :biggrin2:

anyway, that's it... i don't know why, but i felt more calm while meeting him today than i ever did before during those occasions. either i'm already getting used to it :naughty: or it was just that i had absolutely not expected to meet him anymore that day, or/and that he was in such a good mood. or maybe i just talked as much rubbish as always but just didn't realize it today. :lmao:

wonderful report:wub2:

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so here's my meeting report. first part was a few pages ago, short summary, we walked by that hotel on our way back from the radio station, he was sitting outside in a cafe and waved us over. his sister was there (she left when we came), and another woman.

i first told him that i'm sorry and really didn't want to disturb him at the hotel, but we just saw him on our way back from the radio station... and he just said sth like no problem... it seemed perfectly ok for him. he was in a really good mood, all chatty, smiley and just really sweet! :fangurl:

then i introduced sarah from the german forum to him - he shook hands with us - but hi and goodbye was all they talked, she didn't say anything else and i must admit that i completely forgot she was there while i was talking with mika... :blush-anim-cl: she said it was ok for her though, she was busy admiring him and his shoes (the louboutin ones again, though i didn't see them, was too concentrated on his face and his shirt). :naughty:

he was wearing a really crazy shirt, black with a face (eyes/nose/mouth) made up of lots of small plastic stones (similar to those on the rucksack he had in berlin), so after the "hi how are you's" i said "interesting shirt..." and he said that it's a monster face and that the eyes look like boobies *insert typical cute mika giggle here*... :roftl:

i told him that we had waited for him at bayern3 but then got a text that it was already over, and he said, yeah it's all pre-recorded and later they pretend it's live - well, he's right with that. he told me that it was a lot of interviews the last few days and that today was the first time that he had a bit of time to relax in between, and that he'd fly to milan later and would've to start working tomorrow at 7 am, and next would be rehearsals. so it's a lot of work, but it's fun.

i then told him i would've loved to go to the itunes festival but now can't due to work (he then pulled a face and said sth like "ah, it's always work!" :bleh:), and that a lot of MFCers were going there without having tickets for sure, and he said he's trying to organize tickets - for details bout that conversation, see my post in the itunes thread, though i now know that the mods are taking care of it anyway. :wink2:

and i told him i liked that magic numbers thing and whether it was his idea (sarah had asked me that question before, and i wasn't sure...) - and he said yes, and that they were planning to give points for posting on the mfc. i asked, is it for old posts too, or only new ones, and he opened his mouth to answer but then laughed and said he won't say anything else as they first have to figure out how to do it and he can't promise anything. i mentioned also that it might be a problem if ppl upload pix that are not their own, think he looked a bit like he hadn't thought about that before and said that's true and sth like that they were constantly improving the system.

not sure if i forgot anything, anyway, he then said he has to leave and do an interview, shook hands with us for goodbye, and while packing his stuff from the table he said casually that he had mentioned me on the radio (or did he say in an interview, don't remember...) - and i was like "what, me?!?", and he told me that he had said that one of his fans had created the character grey skelly... i then said, well, i didn't create it, you did, i just made a costume out of it... and he said, well the name... then i told him that it wasn't me but someone else from mfc (i'm sure i've told him that before, but seems like he forgot... guess i'll always be grey skelly to him, can't get rid of that the same way he can't get rid of playing grace kelly at every gig, lol!). and while leaving he shrugged and said sth like doesn't matter, take the credit for it anyway. lol! :lmao: sorry to the one who actually invented the name, don't remember who it was, but you can't blame me for not telling him again and again, lol! :lmfao:

ah, i just noticed i can now use more than 8 smileys in a post, great! :biggrin2:

anyway, that's it... i don't know why, but i felt more calm while meeting him today than i ever did before during those occasions. either i'm already getting used to it :naughty: or it was just that i had absolutely not expected to meet him anymore that day, or/and that he was in such a good mood. or maybe i just talked as much rubbish as always but just didn't realize it today. :lmao:

So cool!! I'm very glad that you got such a nice moment, away from the usual craziness of gigs, etc....:wub2:

damn, looks like they broadcasted the bayern3 mika interview about 3 hours ago! :aah: someone on the german forum posted that info, but i think she didn't record it. :sad:

bayern3 has some podcasts on their website, but no mika interview... i'll keep looking though whether they put it online... *hopes*

:mad3::protest::thumbdown::furious:

can't believe I missed the whole fun :crybaby:

got a last minute job appointment that send me into the big white (okok green) nothing for three days with no inet and even had to walk on a hilltop to get a phone signal :aah:. Isn't it fascinating how bad a timing can get, really?

guess it will take me the rest of the night to catch up. Thanks to everyone for posting links and pictures, for recording, transcripts and reports. I love you all! :wub2:

oh and for all who complained about the simultaneous translations: welcome to german broadcasting! The big stations have a staff of translators and they are going to use them whenever possible :aah:. It's a neverending grief. But I guess we have to live with it and see the greater good in getting more attention for Mika in Germany

damn, looks like they broadcasted the bayern3 mika interview about 3 hours ago! :aah: someone on the german forum posted that info, but i think she didn't record it. :sad:

bayern3 has some podcasts on their website, but no mika interview... i'll keep looking though whether they put it online... *hopes*

hope they post it:aah:

doesn't look like they're gonna post it on the br3 website, anyway, it's still not there. :sneaky2:

but found out that someone on the german forum recorded it - i wouldn't hope for too much though, she said it's bad recording quality and they're speaking over mika's voice again. :aah:

i've asked her to post it here or send it to me so i can post it. :wink2:

So, I have written it already on the italian-interview-thread, now I want to do it also here - THANK YOU all for your great job you've done here to be "update" ;) - to be able to follow Mika a bit along his latest way during the different radio-stations - you are great, really !! :cheerful_h4h::flowers2:

doesn't look like they're gonna post it on the br3 website, anyway, it's still not there. :sneaky2:

but found out that someone on the german forum recorded it - i wouldn't hope for too much though, she said it's bad recording quality and they're speaking over mika's voice again. :aah:

i've asked her to post it here or send it to me so i can post it. :wink2:

I have a mp3 file from this interview, but only a really bad one. I didn't know when the interview went on air. So I made any uploads from the Italian interviews and now in the Bayern3 interview I miss any seconds.

I sent the file to Mellody because first I'm such a newbie in these things and on the other side to decide wether it worth or not. I think it don't worth, it's the worst interview I heard in these times, because it's more a resume than an interview - without really news and without Mikas spirit. Shame on us. :puke:

Wow, my tenth post...

yes! We are Golden made it on the WDR2 playlist :thumb_yello:

almost cut myself while preparing food when my radio said: 'Hi, I'm Mika' this morning :roftl:

the DJ then said that Mika had been in the house last week when Steffi Neu (the woman in the video/Twitter pic) flirte... errr chatted with the handsome guy and listeners should check out the report and video footage to find out if he was handsome enough to justify a flirt :teehee:, then played WAG :wub2:

btw, the flirt pun was actually aimed at the radio moderator Steffi Neu, who is quite famous for her infamous flirting skills among her colleagues, as she regularly manages to embarrass guests and the weather presenters :naughty: