The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think - really hope - that TBWKTM should do well.

It doesn't have the lead-in that Grace Kelly provided for LICM.

Grace Kelly was a phenomenon.

That is unsual for almost all albums isn't it?

There are so many gems on TBWKTM.

Does it help or matter that it has had glowing critical reviews almost everywhere?

Mika is sure out there providing tons of press & support.

Does it come down to radio play?

Personally I think TBWKTM is actually a better album than LICM.

I didn't expect that.

There are a lot of really good dance tracks which should give TBWKTM lots of exposure - I am hoping.

Mika will tour extensively which always helps sell albums doesn't it?

I think this sophomore alubm will prove that Mika is here to stay!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I absolutely love the new album and think it's much better than LICM. In regards to chart positioning in the UK the only true competition there will be this week is against Madonna and her new greatest hits compilation.

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

:yay:

That's because the French just love him. Here in the UK he has a much harder time convincing people of his genius :naughty:.

UK loved him last time with LICM. I think in this period in the year it is more competitive than around January time when Grace Kelly was released and LICM. Plus Mika had the backing of doing all those festivals in the summer of 07 which helped keep LICM in the UK chart for so long! We'll see the TBWNTM could sell a hell of alot even if it doesn't peak at No.1

I absolutely love the new album and think it's much better than LICM. In regards to chart positioning in the UK the only true competition there will be this week is against Madonna and her new greatest hits compilation.

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Muse sold close to 150k of their album this week, next week i don't see them dropping that much in sales, they look set for another No.1!

ALBUMS

148161 Muse

54133 Vera Lynn

53792 Peter Andre

38681 Jay Z

25711 David Gray

25652 Pixie Lott (6)

16181 Kings of Leon (7)

15896 David Guetta (8)

14898 Mark Knopfler (9)

14442 Florence and the Machine (10)