Listen to 30 seconds of every song!

lindemfc

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my god!!!!!!

This is what I get from not being on the mfc for what... 36 hours?

OH MY GOD!

Ok. So I love them all. I think. Blame it On The Girls is not what I was expecting. Love Rain, knew I would. Love Pick it up off the floor. Love them all! I'm kind of overwhelmed right now and I realize i'm like a day late! Loverboy is awesome!!! So fun hearing the studio version!!! asldkfjhal i'm so excited for the album I can't stand it.

I felt that way yesterday when I was half a day late! But I'm STILL excited!

done

thanks, i've been listening on loop since last night :wub2:

I know...we've rented a summer cottage for a four day weekend and I will probably drive the family crazy with this.

Two things about this:

I love Imogen's song with him....sounds like it could be a big hit...for both...

and I haven't read the whole thread, but I assume everyone has noticed that her name is no longer Georgia in the bit we can hear.:roftl:

and I haven't read the whole thread, but I assume everyone has noticed that her name is no longer Georgia in the bit we can hear.:roftl:

That's because "Georgia" is in the first verse :naughty:

Two things about this:

I love Imogen's song with him....sounds like it could be a big hit...for both...

*huh?* I must be missing some background info here, as I have no idea what you're talking about.

I did wonder if Georgia still featured :roftl: ...she is gorgeous after all.

By the way, I have found another remix. Wonder if I should make a thread??

I'm sure she does. He probably would've sang someone else's name live if he had changed it :bleh:

I would have preferred to see Overrated on there instead of Lover Boy BUT love the new lyrics to that! :blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

Im in love with overrated... Loverboy is great, both demo and studio version, but I wouldnt mind seeing overrated there to... :naughty: and HMDYLM... shame its not there... and You Made Me feels right for the teenage theme...

I do too...that one clip when he did a few secs of KQ wasn't enough. I'd probably die if he ever did GOFLB.

oh my! now that would be something, GOFLB is defo one of my top 3 queen songs, and Mika doing it, now that would make it just that much more special... :wub2:

I have never heard him do KQ though, where can I find it?

oh my! now that would be something, GOFLB is defo one of my top 3 queen songs, and Mika doing it, now that would make it just that much more special... :wub2:

I have never heard him do KQ though, where can I find it?

He sang it on a French TV show, because the host made him, and poor Mika didn't know the lyrics :teehee:

I am in absolute awe. :wub2:

Back in 1997, there was this service called the Talking Yellow Pages where you could call up, and it would play you album snippets. I remember listening to the snippets of Hanson's album over and over on this silly little Talking Yellow Pages thing. And listening to the iTunes snippets is totally just the 2009 version of the same thing. :roftl::teehee:

With this album, Mika seems to be completely bulldozing any sort of labels regarding his music. The only continuity is that it's all "Mika."

We Are Golden, as we know, is a massive, epic, teenage anthem. I'm really not in love with that I'm hearing of Blame It On The Girls - Mika's voice sounds synthed, and adding synth to a voice like Mika's is like smearing fingerpaints all over a Monet or a Rembrandt. That said, it absolutely radiates with US radio-friendly vibes - I'll be shocked if it's not the biggest US single from the album. Rain is the disco-y track we knew it would be after the acoustic tour - one of my faves. Mika's voice is SO creamy and rich on that track.

I'm on the fence about Dr. John - the melody isn't grabbing me, and I need to hear the whole story to consider the lyrics. I See You is hauntingly beautiful, and it made the little hairs on my spine stand up. I'm glad to hear they haven't broken Good Gone Girl - it's far slower than the live version, but it sounds like all the crucial elements are there. I think Touches You is going to be one of those songs that's fine on the album, but an absolute firecracker live; I think his performances of that will be painfully sexy. By The Time sounds like a lost single from the Garden State soundtrack, and seems to deal with a very intimate theme. If that becomes a single, I would love to see the video. In fact, I think it has massive hit potential as a single, even if people who think Mika = Hyper Pop would be gobsmacked.

Pick Up Off The Floor - I'm glad the mystery is solved! A total departure from his standard europop fluff, this song is a smokey jazz club and a bottle of red wine. And it's interesting that Lover Boy appears, all clean and fresh and ready for his closeup. Delicious.

And can I just say... One Foot Boy. Oh my god. I was clicking on each of the tracks, loving them - and then I heard this song. I would love to see a brain scan of myself before, during, and after listening to that 30 second preview. I can't remember the last time that a piece of pop music stopped me in my tracks and left me staring, mouth agape, at my monitor. It happens every time I play it - it feels like a psychological hot stone massage and a cup of iced tea on a summer day (she says, while having no idea what it's really about). I am SO in love with this clip - if the full version is half as good as the clip implies, I think this will rocket to position as my number one favourite Mika song of all. :blush-anim-cl:

So...who's ready for the whole album? :aah:

Back in 1997, there was this service called the Talking Yellow Pages where you could call up, and it would play you album snippets. I remember listening to the snippets of Hanson's album over and over on this silly little Talking Yellow Pages thing. And listening to the iTunes snippets is totally just the 2009 version of the same thing. :roftl::teehee:

With this album, Mika seems to be completely bulldozing any sort of labels regarding his music. The only continuity is that it's all "Mika."

We Are Golden, as we know, is a massive, epic, teenage anthem. I'm really not in love with that I'm hearing of Blame It On The Girls - Mika's voice sounds synthed, and adding synth to a voice like Mika's is like smearing fingerpaints all over a Monet or a Rembrandt. That said, it absolutely radiates with US radio-friendly vibes - I'll be shocked if it's not the biggest US single from the album. Rain is the disco-y track we knew it would be after the acoustic tour - one of my faves. Mika's voice is SO creamy and rich on that track.

I'm on the fence about Dr. John - the melody isn't grabbing me, and I need to hear the whole story to consider the lyrics. I See You is hauntingly beautiful, and it made the little hairs on my spine stand up. I'm glad to hear they haven't broken Good Gone Girl - it's far slower than the live version, but it sounds like all the crucial elements are there. I think Touches You is going to be one of those songs that's fine on the album, but an absolute firecracker live; I think his performances of that will be painfully sexy. By The Time sounds like a lost single from the Garden State soundtrack, and seems to deal with a very intimate theme. If that becomes a single, I would love to see the video. In fact, I think it has massive hit potential as a single, even if people who think Mika = Hyper Pop would be gobsmacked.

Pick Up Off The Floor - I'm glad the mystery is solved! A total departure from his standard europop fluff, this song is a smokey jazz club and a bottle of red wine. And it's interesting that Lover Boy appears, all clean and fresh and ready for his closeup. Delicious.

And can I just say... One Foot Boy. Oh my god. I was clicking on each of the tracks, loving them - and then I heard this song. I would love to see a brain scan of myself before, during, and after listening to that 30 second preview. I can't remember the last time that a piece of pop music stopped me in my tracks and left me staring, mouth agape, at my monitor. It happens every time I play it - it feels like a psychological hot stone massage and a cup of iced tea on a summer day (she says, while having no idea what it's really about). I am SO in love with this clip - if the full version is half as good as the clip implies, I think this will rocket to position as my number one favourite Mika song of all. :blush-anim-cl:

Awwww I love all of what you said.:wub2:

I am!:biggrin2: So so ready:teehee:

don't you have the ear thingies from a mp3 player maybe?:wink2:

no, I have an MP3 in my cell, and that has special earphones (with a special plug, that wont fit into the computer)

but maybe I can convert it to MP3 and put in my cell and listen there :dunno:

well said- everything! :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

me me me ready for the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin2:

i literally had tears in my eyes when i heard BIOTG... i think i was crazy:tears: the studio version is juz brilliant!!!!! not to mention Rain and GGG, they are luv at 1st hearing to me (snippet from vblog + LA not-so-secret gig). By The Time is my another fav,, so fresh!!!

my OMFG track is Loverboy though!!!!!!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG i luv it soooo much!!!!:wub2: ever since the leaked demo, i've been obsessing wif this song!! it's QUEEN but what makes it so amazing is the all new recording...absolutely rhythmic and lively and lovely!!!!

i've got to say, from my point of view, WAG should not be the 1st single:naughty: anyway, can't wait to the full songsssssssssssss:aah:

i`m ready! :boing:

love everything you write :wub2:

i see you also make me the little hairs on my spine stand up :naughty:

and also By The Time.. :wub2: