Meet Up in Blackpool 5th Sept

kt4mika

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Sarah - it will be great to meet you :biggrin2:

We can talk about LFC, Johnny Depp and The Killers (that'll while away a few hours of queuing LOL :wink2:)

I had no idea you were a fellow Liverpool fan!

Kath is too!

Kath is too!

Oooooo yes - and you and Kath too - SUPERB !!

Kev has supported them forever (and I inherited the team when we got together :wink2:)

I have a soft spot for Pepe - he's awesome! :wub2:

Anyways, off topic I know, but COME ON YOU REDS this afternoon :biggrin2:

Kev has supported them forever (and I inherited the team when we got together :wink2:)

Thay're playing Bolton. My home team (but I don't care)

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello: I hope they play better than they have been doing recently.

They did

They beat 'us' 3-2

I don't care.

This time next week folks :biggrin2:

*Considers wearing her bloke's Man City shirt* :roftl:

I'm probably be knocking around fairly early, need to find car parking space and have a feeling it's going to be rather busy that weekend!

Angel I love the hat!!!

Charlotte, I have a black top hat from my last gig costume that I was going to wear but then didn't want to feel left out so have orderd a gold one too! Lol. Might waer the black one at Scala instead.

Right now I'm just hoping I can get rid of my ear infection (why do these things happen at the worst possible time) before Sat, not that it's stop my coming but it will mean I can only wear one hearing aid and everyonbe will have to shout at me!!:naughty:

Kath is too!

I am a historic Liverpool fan. LFC were my first real obsession. That is why I don't feel bad about having obsessions within my marriage...I was obsessed with a whole TEAM when Dave married me and it didn't put him off............he can cope with one poptart:naughty:!

My first kiitchen was completely red and white...and I still have a few of the remments 26 years on. My car is red and lots of my belongings are too but I don't keep up with the team now. But once a red always a red! I am so glad there are so many Liverpool fans on MFC.

Anyway......................back to the job in hand:naughty: The hats arrived this morning! I couldn't believe that they came so quickly.....I only ordered them yesterday:shocked: Worth remembering that website for future use.

My house is full of Gold glitter:naughty:

Speaking of cars...anyone got any tips for parking in Blackpool please?

I'm going to park at the shopping centre it's open until 11.30pm according to their website and if I need to be in blackpool any later I'll just pop it at the roadside for a few hours (oh the joys of a Blue Badge!)

Do any of the redident Blackpoolians know any good places to park near the venue? And how busy does Blackpool get on light up weekend?

I'm going to park at the shopping centre it's open until 11.30pm according to their website and if I need to be in blackpool any later I'll just pop it at the roadside for a few hours (oh the joys of a Blue Badge!)

Do any of the redident Blackpoolians know any good places to park near the venue? And how busy does Blackpool get on light up weekend?

Hmmm - there are no good places to park in Blackpool anymore !!! They re-organised and got rid of loads and put others on meters or expense pay and display.

There is one which is next door to the train station. Its not the actual station carpark but Apollo 2000 next door. Its reasonably priced, and a distance from town (but still walking distance from the venue - about 10/15 mins). Its not a BIG carpark though, some spaces are for shop customers and the rest for the general public. Might be worth a try though.

Luckily I'm getting a lift into town (I live about 20 mins away from the centre by car - hurrah - at last an advantage to living in Blackpool !!).

Just to warn folks, it is likely to be standing at this venue rather than seated. The gigs I have been to there in the past have all been standing ones. You could check with the BBC or Winter Gardens but I suspect it will be the case.

Blackpool on lights switch on day - hmmmm MANIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roftl: It will be VERY busy folks !!

Do you reckon I should twitter Mika and give him a hint as to where to look out for his fanclub at the gig ? I was gonna say - Look out for the MFC - we hope to be all together and GOLDEN for you !

What do you reckon ?

HMM having to move it at 11:30 might be a bit of a tricky time though?

Hmmm - there are no good places to park in Blackpool anymore !!! They re-organised and got rid of loads and put others on meters or expense pay and display.

There is one which is next door to the train station. Its not the actual station carpark but Apollo 2000 next door. Its reasonably priced, and a distance from town (but still walking distance from the venue - about 10/15 mins). Its not a BIG carpark though, some spaces are for shop customers and the rest for the general public. Might be worth a try though.

Luckily I'm getting a lift into town (I live about 20 mins away from the centre by car - hurrah - at last an advantage to living in Blackpool !!).

Just to warn folks, it is likely to be standing at this venue rather than seated. The gigs I have been to there in the past have all been standing ones. You could check with the BBC or Winter Gardens but I suspect it will be the case.

Blackpool on lights switch on day - hmmmm MANIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roftl: It will be VERY busy folks !!

Do you reckon I should twitter Mika and give him a hint as to where to look out for his fanclub at the gig ? I was gonna say - Look out for the MFC - we hope to be all together and GOLDEN for you !

What do you reckon ?

Thanks for the info. Yes, I expected it to be a nightmare.I guess it is just a case of trying to find somewhere. I will probably give the one by the station a try though. I think I will have to arm myself with a map so I know where to walk once I have (hopefully) parked.

I don't see a problem with tweeting Mika about it.............I am sure as it gets nearer the time lots of people will be tweeting him about the gig. I am sure he will be looking out for us:naughty:

What do you reckon ?

or how about Blackpool shall be GOLDpool just for YOU thanks to MFC :D

Painting the town GOLD!!!! Lol!:roftl:

Awww Thanks Liz :naughty:

11.30 is an awkward time but I'm yet to find anywhere else close by that opens any later. Can only park roadside for a max of 3 hours so can't move it before it starts. I'll worry about it later anyway!

Also slightly worried about when Mika might leave...will he leave after he's done if he's not last on? Or will he hang around until the end?

Painting the town GOLD!!!! Lol!:roftl:

Awww Thanks Liz :naughty:

11.30 is an awkward time but I'm yet to find anywhere else close by that opens any later. Can only park roadside for a max of 3 hours so can't move it before it starts. I'll worry about it later anyway!

Also slightly worried about when Mika might leave...will he leave after he's done if he's not last on? Or will he hang around until the end?

Yes, good point. Road side parking is probably not going to be an option.

I would think he will stay till the end but I don't really know. I doubt he would be first on though...maybe next to last? Not sure. Of course he SHOULD be top of the bill...............and with an hours slot...the other four could have 15 mins each:naughty:

Yes, good point. Road side parking is probably not going to be an option.

I would think he will stay till the end but I don't really know. I doubt he would be first on though...maybe next to last? Not sure. Of course he SHOULD be top of the bill...............and with an hours slot...the other four could have 15 mins each:naughty:

15 mins each, you are far to kind! Lol.

Well.................maybe ten then?

Hmm...maybe. How much time would Mika need to sing all of LICM and all of TBWKTM? :naughty:

On the parking issue I think I've found a car park on Banks St (out near the train station) that does 24 hour parking, can't seem to find any details on price tho :(

Oh on that point, how late to the buses/trams in the town centre run? I might be too tired to walk all that way afterwards, and I get buses and trams free! :wink2: