The "I See You" Thread

CazGirl

Well, for me personally, it doesn't totally depend on whether the song(lyrics) are sad, to get emotional over it. With me it's more the other way around, I am mostly moved by music. I mean, I cry with Nessun Dorma and I have no clue what it's about, it's something in the music that moves me. It evokes emotions for me that probably don't have to do anything with the lyrics. The same goes for me with I see you. + I think the fact that I find the song so beautiful, is another reason for me to get teary-eyed :teehee: I'm the type of person that doesn't want to cry when it's 'needed' or normal but starts bawling away when seeing or hearing something unbelievably beautiful.

The lyrics to me, they don't evoke such powerful feelings as the music does.

Same here. It's much more the music rather than the lyrics. I mean, a happy song with sad lyrics doesn't really make me emotional.:naughty:

With I See You I also think it's rather the music than the lyrics that make me emotional. I mean, the lyrics aren't THAT sad. And I can relate to them. It does give me a really sad feeling though, but now the same sad feeling Happy Ending did. That was more of an I-can't-bear-to-listen-to-this-because-it-makes-me-so-sad-feeling.

Neither of them make me cry though. One of the only songs that has that effect on me is ''Imagine'' by John Lennon. And that's not even because it's a very sad song. The reason is quite sad though.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does give me a really sad feeling though, but now the same sad feeling Happy Ending did. That was more of an I-can't-bear-to-listen-to-this-because-it-makes-me-so-sad-feeling.

Same here! sometimes I just don't feel like listening to Happy Ending because it makes me sad, lol

Same here! sometimes I just don't feel like listening to Happy Ending because it makes me sad, lol

Yeah. In the beginning it just made me cry and I always skipped it. Maybe that was because at the time I was going through a break-up, but yeah..

Now it doesn't have that effect on me anymore and I can just listen to it, but it still makes me feel sad.

Well, for me personally, it doesn't totally depend on whether the song(lyrics) are sad, to get emotional over it. With me it's more the other way around, I am mostly moved by music. I mean, I cry with Nessun Dorma and I have no clue what it's about, it's something in the music that moves me. It evokes emotions for me that probably don't have to do anything with the lyrics. The same goes for me with I see you. + I think the fact that I find the song so beautiful, is another reason for me to get teary-eyed :teehee: I'm the type of person that doesn't want to cry when it's 'needed' or normal but starts bawling away when seeing or hearing something unbelievably beautiful.

The lyrics to me, they don't evoke such powerful feelings as the music does.

Same here. It's much more the music rather than the lyrics. I mean, a happy song with sad lyrics doesn't really make me emotional.:naughty:

With I See You I also think it's rather the music than the lyrics that make me emotional. I mean, the lyrics aren't THAT sad. And I can relate to them. It does give me a really sad feeling though, but now the same sad feeling Happy Ending did. That was more of an I-can't-bear-to-listen-to-this-because-it-makes-me-so-sad-feeling.

Neither of them make me cry though. One of the only songs that has that effect on me is ''Imagine'' by John Lennon. And that's not even because it's a very sad song. The reason is quite sad though.

My feelings exactly :tears:

:camping: (:biggrin2:)

I tend to appreciate songs based almost entirely on the musical content and I seem to 'value' them based on the emotions they evoke in me...

Lyrics always come second or even third, as the second most important thing to me is performance.

My feelings exactly :tears:

:camping: (:biggrin2:)

I tend to appreciate songs based almost entirely on the musical content and I seem to 'value' them based on the emotions they evoke in me...

Lyrics always come second or even third, as the second most important thing to me is performance.

I feel the same way! If I hear a song for the first time, I will never focus on the lyrics, I will focus on the music. Or maybe even better: on the sound. Because a voice is very important to me too, no matter what the lyrics are. It's like... I feel the music you know?

Wow, I'm so happy there are other people who feel the same way! Most people I know say stuff like: I don't like the lyrics so I don't like the song :blink: I have never understood that. Or people who have to have lyrics, can't stand instrumental e.g. I love instrumental music :wub2: e.g. movie scores (Danny Elfman = :mf_lustslow:)

I guess that makes our feelings and interpretations all so unique, love it.

Oh crap, I only noticed, now it's getting quoted so much, that I typed now instead of not:naughty:

:lmao: I hate when that happens! :roftl:

I don't think I'm seeing quite what others are in I See You because it does not move me to tears and I can't imagine it ever will. I do find it quite beautiful but as you don't really love people you don't know this doesn't seem so heartbreaking to me as just angsty.

You do really love people you don't know. You just don't have a relationship or a meaningful connection with people you don't know.

Love doesn't start when you get to know someone. It starts when you see someone who fits patterns in your brain that makes your brain say, "This person speaks my body language and is part of my tribe," so that your brain releases happy chemicals that facilitate emotional bonding.

Getting to know someone is what makes a pair bonding last beyond that intial burst of love and makes that love into a substantial connection that lasts.

That doesn't mean that the initial love is meaningless. It just means that it isn't a meaningful connection with another human being. It's the spark of connection. It could get fanned into a flame if the other person feels the same way or it could burn like an ember in the person's heart while that person goes off and builds flames with someone else.

Sometimes, it's lust. Sometimes, it's love for the person. Sometimes, it's love for how that person makes one feel. Most often it's some combination of those elements. Usually, it is actual love.

Problem is that loving someone doesn't mean that you'll have the opportunity to build a connection with that person. Loving someone doesn't mean that it would be healthy for you to be with that person. Loving someone is a good thing, but it doesn't always result in a relationship. Sometimes, all you get is a moment to love someone who never knows about it. That's life.

The original lyrics to I'm Falling are "I'm dreaming of the things we'd do" which implies "to each other" and as Mika said it's about playing hot movies in his head when he looks at this person :teehee:

This is more about lust and insecurity than unrequited love.

I don't get a lusty vibe from the melody or the lyrics.

For me, it feels like a song about that moment when a person decides whether to enjoy the ember of unexpressed love or to take a risk and find out if that love can be fanned into a flame or if the other person will crush it by being cruel.

I've chosen not to tell people because they wouldn't or couldn't return my feelings. Plenty of circumstances get in the way of building relationships with people: proximity, lack of time, other relationships in either person's life, etc.

I've chosen to tell people and been treated with cruelty for it. I've chosen to tell people and receieved appreciation and respect for my feelings, but not had them returned. I'm still waiting for that first time I tell someone and the person feels the same way.

The hardest part about telling someone is that many people think that love is an all or nothing deal, that if you love someone you have to love them entirely right from the start. That's impossible. You can't fully love someone until you fully know them. It's an unrealistic expectation.

That first admission of love is simply a chance for two people to begin to know each other. Sometimes, that love grows and they choose to spend the rest of their lives together. Sometimes, they find out that they aren't a good match and they move on. Sometimes, they find out that they are wonderful friends, but not good for each other in other ways.

Relationships develop and fail to develop in all kinds of different ways.

This song isn't about all that. It's about that moment just before that. It's about that moment of possibility when you love someone, but don't know if that person is going to love you back.

At least, that's how it feels to me.

It feels to me like someone is singing it to me and for the first time in my life, I feel like someone sees me the way I see the people I love. I know Mika isn't singing it to me specifically, but it's nice to feel that way. I've been invisible my whole life and hearing that voice sing, "I see you," is like being told I'm not invisible anymore. When I listen to this song, I feel what it's like to be seen that way for three minutes. That means everything to me.

It isn't a meaningful connection. It isn't a relationship. It's just something that I need to feel. That's valid and important even if I never experience that with someone. Sometimes, just knowing what a thing feels like is enough. Sometimes, just loving someone and never telling them is enough.

You do really love people you don't know. You just don't have a relationship or a meaningful connection with people you don't know.

Love doesn't start when you get to know someone. It starts when you see someone who fits patterns in your brain that makes your brain say, "This person speaks my body language and is part of my tribe," so that your brain releases happy chemicals that facilitate emotional bonding.

Getting to know someone is what makes a pair bonding last beyond that intial burst of love and makes that love into a substantial connection that lasts.

That doesn't mean that the initial love is meaningless. It just means that it isn't a meaningful connection with another human being. It's the spark of connection. It could get fanned into a flame if the other person feels the same way or it could burn like an ember in the person's heart while that person goes off and builds flames with someone else.

Sometimes, it's lust. Sometimes, it's love for the person. Sometimes, it's love for how that person makes one feel. Most often it's some combination of those elements. Usually, it is actual love.

Problem is that loving someone doesn't mean that you'll have the opportunity to build a connection with that person. Loving someone doesn't mean that it would be healthy for you to be with that person. Loving someone is a good thing, but it doesn't always result in a relationship. Sometimes, all you get is a moment to love someone who never knows about it. That's life.

I don't get a lusty vibe from the melody or the lyrics.

For me, it feels like a song about that moment when a person decides whether to enjoy the ember of unexpressed love or to take a risk and find out if that love can be fanned into a flame or if the other person will crush it by being cruel.

I've chosen not to tell people because they wouldn't or couldn't return my feelings. Plenty of circumstances get in the way of building relationships with people: proximity, lack of time, other relationships in either person's life, etc.

I've chosen to tell people and been treated with cruelty for it. I've chosen to tell people and receieved appreciation and respect for my feelings, but not had them returned. I'm still waiting for that first time I tell someone and the person feels the same way.

The hardest part about telling someone is that many people think that love is an all or nothing deal, that if you love someone you have to love them entirely right from the start. That's impossible. You can't fully love someone until you fully know them. It's an unrealistic expectation.

That first admission of love is simply a chance for two people to begin to know each other. Sometimes, that love grows and they choose to spend the rest of their lives together. Sometimes, they find out that they aren't a good match and they move on. Sometimes, they find out that they are wonderful friends, but not good for each other in other ways.

Relationships develop and fail to develop in all kinds of different ways.

This song isn't about all that. It's about that moment just before that. It's about that moment of possibility when you love someone, but don't know if that person is going to love you back.

At least, that's how it feels to me.

It feels to me like someone is singing it to me and for the first time in my life, I feel like someone sees me the way I see the people I love. I know Mika isn't singing it to me specifically, but it's nice to feel that way. I've been invisible my whole life and hearing that voice sing, "I see you," is like being told I'm not invisible anymore. When I listen to this song, I feel what it's like to be seen that way for three minutes. That means everything to me.

It isn't a meaningful connection. It isn't a relationship. It's just something that I need to feel. That's valid and important even if I never experience that with someone. Sometimes, just knowing what a thing feels like is enough. Sometimes, just loving someone and never telling them is enough.

OK, dammit, I'm gonna quote you now before you decide to go back and delete again.

Thanks river. That was beautifully put and lovely to read. Thankyou for daring to be that honest and open.:huglove:

OK, dammit, I'm gonna quote you now before you decide to go back and delete again.

Thanks river. That was beautifully put and lovely to read. Thankyou for daring to be that honest and open.:huglove:

:roftl: I told you I keep backups now :naughty:

And this time I didn't mention the thing that embarrassed me so last time.

I just wish I wasn't so long-winded! :blush-anim-cl:

I really can't help being honest, but I do try to have some discretion about when and where I share :blush-anim-cl:

:roftl: I told you I keep backups now :naughty:

And this time I didn't mention the thing that embarrassed me so last time.

I just wish I wasn't so long-winded! :blush-anim-cl:

I really can't help being honest, but I do try to have some discretion about when and where I share :blush-anim-cl:

*racks brain to remember what it possibly could have been that so embarrassed you last time* *gives up*

I don't mind long-windedness when it aids clarity.

Oh, you don't have to worry about discretion here. After all, you're among friends! (and all the other millions of people out there who can acess the internet. it's something I have to be conscious of too:blush-anim-cl:)

*racks brain to remember what it possibly could have been that so embarrassed you last time* *gives up*

:roftl:

I used a specific example of someone I am a little bit in love with to illustrate my meaning, but since I haven't actually told that person (and would probably never have the proper context for such a disclosure to that person, in which case I'd never tell that person) I didn't want that person to end up reading about it on the internet.

But rather than keeping my head and simply deleting the example, I got all flustered and deleted both posts.

I have some strict rules for myself about how and when I communicate certain things. Those rules are what allows me to keep other people's secrets, avoid gossip, and to be sure that I tell things to the people who need to hear them rather than having those people find out those things in other ways. I'm very direct and will always tell people what I'm thinking if I have the proper context for it.

The proper context for telling someone I love them is knowing I can trust that person to understand what I mean when I say it because it means different things based on the context.

It can mean, "You are wonderful and I would love the opportunity to find out if we could build a meaningful relationship," or simply "You are amazing," or "You're someone I want to spend the rest of my life with," and everything else along that spectrum of interacting with someone whose chemistry makes my chemistry all glowy and happy.

In the example I sited, that person is not likely to ever have the opportunity to get to know me well enough to know which of those things I meant, so I wouldn't have the opportunity to tell that person.

Right now, the only thing it means is that the person's words and body language are similar enough to mine that I feel the person speaks my language and I would love the opportunity to find out if that person actually does. I'm ok with the fact that I may never find out because I enjoy this love for what it is and not what I wish it could be.

In this life I will have many loves like this. I will have other loves that will fan up into short relationships that turn out to not work for one or both of us. Eventually, I hope, I will have a love that will turn into a relationship that works beautifully for both of us and that will be the one I hold onto.

In the meantime, simply loving people feels nice and I'm not going to say it doesn't mean anything just because it doesn't result in a relationship. It has meaning because it means the world to me.

Me too :biggrin2:

I showed a couple of these new songs to my friends today, and they thought he has evolved a lot:wub2:

My mom was almost crying to this one when I showed it to her yesterday:blush-anim-cl:

I think I've never felt so connected to a demo or a song, even counting the other demos I know and the LICM songs.

:roftl:

I used a specific example of someone I am a little bit in love with to illustrate my meaning, but since I haven't actually told that person (and would probably never have the proper context for such a disclosure to that person, in which case I'd never tell that person) I didn't want that person to end up reading about it on the internet.

But rather than keeping my head and simply deleting the example, I got all flustered and deleted both posts.

I have some strict rules for myself about how and when I communicate certain things. Those rules are what allows me to keep other people's secrets, avoid gossip, and to be sure that I tell things to the people who need to hear them rather than having those people find out those things in other ways. I'm very direct and will always tell people what I'm thinking if I have the proper context for it.

The proper context for telling someone I love them is knowing I can trust that person to understand what I mean when I say it because it means different things based on the context.

It can mean, "You are wonderful and I would love the opportunity to find out if we could build a meaningful relationship," or simply "You are amazing," or "You're someone I want to spend the rest of my life with," and everything else along that spectrum of interacting with someone whose chemistry makes my chemistry all glowy and happy.

In the example I sited, that person is not likely to ever have the opportunity to get to know me well enough to know which of those things I meant, so I wouldn't have the opportunity to tell that person.

Right now, the only thing it means is that the person's words and body language are similar enough to mine that I feel the person speaks my language and I would love the opportunity to find out if that person actually does. I'm ok with the fact that I may never find out because I enjoy this love for what it is and not what I wish it could be.

In this life I will have many loves like this. I will have other loves that will fan up into short relationships that turn out to not work for one or both of us. Eventually, I hope, I will have a love that will turn into a relationship that works beautifully for both of us and that will be the one I hold onto.

In the meantime, simply loving people feels nice and I'm not going to say it doesn't mean anything just because it doesn't result in a relationship. It has meaning because it means the world to me.

I'd like to go "Awww", cos part of my brain is saying that, but it's so much more than that. That helps put into context a couple of things in my life that I'd been worrying about.

I'd like to go "Awww", cos part of my brain is saying that, but it's so much more than that. That helps put into context a couple of things in my life that I'd been worrying about.

I'm so glad sharing my stuff helps other people with their stuff. That's the only reason I do it at all. :wub2:

I assume this has been said. I have not read this thread. But.

I think this is a song almost everyone can say, OMG THIS IS ME. I think it's just a very good, blatant portrayal of teenage heartbreak.

I wasn't really feeling it earlier tonight, skipped over a lot to Dr. John and Rain and BIOTG, but then I talked to my good friend or he talked to me at least and now bam. I See You.

It's just said so well.

Awww, that's sweet :wub2:

Me too :biggrin2:

Same!

I heard this song for the first time yesterday and I really really love it. It is brilliant. It gives me a very strange feeling, don't know how to explain it.

I love the lyrics as well :wub2:

Idd it does, can't explain it either. Wow, I wonder what the vid's going to be like :teehee: