The "I See You" Thread

CazGirl

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey! Just popping in now cos I just heard the song.....it's beautiful. I've always loved I'm Falling so I'm glad it's official now!

Looking forward to watching the full channel 4 interview once I finish moving house :naughty:

xxx

Neither can I. I recorded the show last night and have been listening to it! It just gives me shivers every time I hear it!

Yeah, same here:wub2:

Sammy, that cover is amazing! I wish I could play like that or come up with something...

Well I must be in the minority because I am not 'getting' I See You at the moment.

It'll grow on me, I'm sure! :biggrin2:

oh dont worry it WILL, it has taken MONTHS for me to like Rain but I do now hahha and even WAG I was a bit :boxed: when I first heard the clip, once I heard the whole song I soon got right into it.

oh dont worry it WILL, it has taken MONTHS for me to like Rain but I do now hahha and even WAG I was a bit :boxed: when I first heard the clip, once I heard the whole song I soon got right into it.

Well I always always used to think that with Mika songs, if I liked it immediately I always liked it and if I didn't, I never would. That's been true with LICM.

BUT..with these new songs I am finding that some of them are growers, like Rain and even BIOTG. Maybe that's because Mika is improving as a songwriter, I dunno. So I will let you all know when and if I See You grows on me, cause it may well do.

I pretty much used to hate WAG:naughty:

Now it has kind of grown on me though.

From LICM Billy Brown was never one of my favourites. Don't get me wrong, I like it, it's just the song I listen to the least, I think.:aah:

I pretty much used to hate WAG:naughty:

Now it has kind of grown on me though.

From LICM Billy Brown was never one of my favourites. Don't get me wrong, I like it, it's just the song I listen to the least, I think.:aah:

ain't it funny how one day you think hmmmm this song is s**t and then the next day your wooow i love this song !!! lol:roftl:

I was not blown away with WAG initially but now I love it.

However...........I see you..................I think I have been waiting all my life for this song. I totally adore it. I have always loved 'I'm falling' I thought it was such a pure song with a beautiful lyric. But THIS, I think is just mindblowing. It is one of the best songs that I have ever heard. Although I have always had a soft spot for HMDYLM and I think Lady Jane is incredible, they have been blown out of the water for me in one day:shocked::naughty::wub2:

ain't it funny how one day you think hmmmm this song is s**t and then the next day your wooow i love this song !!! lol:roftl:

Yeah, it's pretty weird.

I was not blown away with WAG initially but now I love it.

However...........I see you..................I think I have been waiting all my life for this song. I totally adore it. I have always loved 'I'm falling' I thought it was such a pure song with a beautiful lyric. But THIS, I think is just mindblowing. It is one of the best songs that I have ever heard. Although I have always had a soft spot for HMDYLM and I think Lady Jane is incredible, they have been blown out of the water for me in one day:shocked::naughty::wub2:

I know what you mean.

We is the link:blink: I can't find it.

Sorry, I can't help you, I am useless at such things...........I have just been watching it on TV.............I hope someone can point you in the right direction soon:thumb_yello:

Edited by kath

Sorry, I can't help you, I am useless at such things...........I have juts been watching it on TV.............I hope someone can point you in the right direction soon:thumb_yello:

:naughty:

It's OK.

It's not the mp3 and there is chat on the beginning.

Thank you:wink2:

Well I must be in the minority because I am not 'getting' I See You at the moment.

It'll grow on me, I'm sure! :biggrin2:

Well I like it , like it a lot, but I am not raving about it. On this album I think I prefer the more up tempo ones.

Although I have always had a soft spot for HMDYLM and I think Lady Jane is incredible, they have been blown out of the water for me in one day:shocked::naughty::wub2:

The first performance of HMDYLM was a real turning point as far as my interest in Mika and his live shows go. But I have not supported the campaign to get the song onto the album. I agree I See You is a much stronger track and I don't think there's any room on the album for HMDYLM anymore.

I don't think I'm seeing quite what others are in I See You because it does not move me to tears and I can't imagine it ever will. I do find it quite beautiful but as you don't really love people you don't know this doesn't seem so heartbreaking to me as just angsty. The original lyrics to I'm Falling are "I'm dreaming of the things we'd do" which implies "to each other" and as Mika said it's about playing hot movies in his head when he looks at this person :teehee:

This is more about lust and insecurity than unrequited love. And yes there is real anguish in that, especially when you're a teen but I think just about everyone has experienced it to some degree or another and it's not all completely horrible, especially in retrospect. There is an excitement and passion there too and that's more what I'm feeling from this than just sadness.

The first performance of HMDYLM was a real turning point as far as my interest in Mika and his live shows go. But I have not supported the campaign to get the song onto the album. I agree I See You is a much stronger track and I don't think there's any room on the album for HMDYLM anymore.

I don't think I'm seeing quite what others are in I See You because it does not move me to tears and I can't imagine it ever will. I do find it quite beautiful but as you don't really love people you don't know this doesn't seem so heartbreaking to me as just angsty. The original lyrics to I'm Falling are "I'm dreaming of the things we'd do" which implies "to each other" and as Mika said it's about playing hot movies in his head when he looks at this person :teehee:

This is more about lust and insecurity than unrequited love. And yes there is real anguish in that, especially when you're a teen but I think just about everyone has experienced it to some degree or another and it's not all completely horrible, especially in retrospect. There is an excitement and passion there too and that's more what I'm feeling from this than just sadness.

I think this is one of those songs that has to be "relatable to" to cry or be really moved by it.

Because I know that in my case I like a boy that probably doesn't know I exist, :teehee:

And I feel like this song was written for me to sing about him, :roftl:

I find my obsession with HMDYLM quite odd in a way as I have never felt there was much substance to it, I just really, really like it. I think it must be the live element of it that makes it special to me......when I listen to it I can see him performing it and because live recordings are all we have of it, that has become part of it. I think, in a way, that is why I so wanted to hear a studio version...to see the difference.

I have spent many a happy hour listening to I'm Falling, usually whilst wandering in the woods with the dogs, and I think it is a beautiful, very moving song. Definatetly one that ones mind can run away with the lyrics!:blush-anim-cl:

I see You doesn't move me to tears....but I guess it probably could if the circumstances of my life were different and I was relating to it in a different way. However, I think it is a very beautiful song. The whole thing.....lyrics, performance, musically..................I LOVE the instrumental bit.

Well, for me personally, it doesn't totally depend on whether the song(lyrics) are sad, to get emotional over it. With me it's more the other way around, I am mostly moved by music. I mean, I cry with Nessun Dorma and I have no clue what it's about, it's something in the music that moves me. It evokes emotions for me that probably don't have to do anything with the lyrics. The same goes for me with I see you. + I think the fact that I find the song so beautiful, is another reason for me to get teary-eyed :teehee: I'm the type of person that doesn't want to cry when it's 'needed' or normal but starts bawling away when seeing or hearing something unbelievably beautiful.

The lyrics to me, they don't evoke such powerful feelings as the music does.

Edited by Droopsy