4MUSIC: MIKA - THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS Friday 28 August 2009

tigerclaws95

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this! His voice sounds really great, it was almost hard to believe it was live. I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming tour.

I hadn't heard "I See You" before this. It really does seem like the evolution of the "I'm Falling" demo.

Edited by DaMango

:wub2:i'm so in love of his performances from this show ,so i've uploaded (only the songs) on daylimotion!thank you,once again,for the download link!:thumb_yello:

Thank you Nicoleta!

I'm in love with this performance, too! :wub2:

Thank you Nicoleta!

I'm in love with this performance, too! :wub2:

Nicoletta- My hero!

Pity they've blocked two already- I wonder if it means those two are in their finished form while the others were more live. Or maybe they'll do the others soon. But thank you

I watched this on Friday night in a B&B, the night before my cousin's wedding, with my brother while our parents thought we were asleep. I couldn't belive it and when I woke up in the morning I was very close to ask my brother if it was actually a dream. And I See You!:shocked: I was not expecting that!

I was really upset that I couldn't record it aswell because I wasn't at home but I'm recording it tomorrow:biggrin2:

I'm SO excited for everything to come :wub2:

You know what....this makes me think of...imagine Mana or Christine or someone else from the fan club, who are really good in English and understand a lot of what is going on in his answers and are truly interested in his music making the interview and ask him about his songs!:wub2::wub2::wub2::thumb_yello:

Might I state for the record that I'm also a journalist. And that I may have had a daydream or two about what I'd ask him. :teehee:

Sometimes it's hard not to get a bit cocky when journalists ask him the most boring questions. Or he gives a brilliant answer and they just move on to the next question without going further into what he's saying. I mean, I get that he's just another in a long, long list of people they need to interview... but sometimes, it's hard not be like "gahh, I could have done that BETTER!" :blush-anim-cl:

Do you think anyone thinks Grimmy is cute? I suppose someone must. :teehee:

Right here! :swoon:

I found him shockingly attractive - cute, yes, not exactly "hot" or "sexy" - but really, flippin' attractive.

Then I realized he shares a few traits, certain subtle mannerisms and ways of speaking, with an ex of mine. Hooo boy. :blush-anim-cl:

Not the best quality cos i just made em fast!!!! Do they want a room?

snap121631.png

By the looks of that, I think a room would be a good idea.

I hate when singers accompany with the singing by the perfected learnt movements. Singers-dancers. I do not love. And I am glad - Mika not such. Even when He has decided to make the performance with dance. He has scrolled mentally any movements, any of them has tried on himself... And has left on that podium having solved is enough of it.). I as if read His ideas: " Now I shall turn so ", "How I shall jump here ", "Well here it ", "up-la, and here so "." So...and repetition "," Now I shall kick this dummy... oh, it is impossible "....

I agree. I'm glad Mika doesn't plan a whole bunch of Backstreet Boys style choreography. Sometimes his dancing is kind of bad, (:teehee:) but at the same time he looks like he's having a fantastic time - and that's so endearing. :wub2:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

I hate when singers accompany with the singing by the perfected learnt movements. Singers-dancers. I do not love. And I am glad - Mika not such.

:thumb_yello:

I fully agree with you. I hate choreographed dance routines when they have nothing to do with the meaning of the song. (e.g. silly boybands jumping up and down)

I like some choreographed moves, however, (like the ones he seems to be doing with the bowler hat nowadays:teehee:) I think they add a lot to the performance itself:thumb_yello:

Might I state for the record that I'm also a journalist. And that I may have had a daydream or two about what I'd ask him. :teehee:

I didn't know you were a journalist... :blink:

You are in the right place then:wink2:

DAVID IS BACK!! NOOOOOOO

*screams in physical pain*

I know :sneaky2:.

You would have thought that Mika would have used the time off to find a proper keyboard player and not that smuglooking-keyboardpunching disaster that David aka Sunshine is :sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2:

He was at iTunes too

Yep, we could all tell that it was him when he started butchering Relax and Happy Ending...oh boooy the joys of having a professional at work :thumb_yello::aah:

Sorry to keep going on about it but I feel very strongly about this. What the heck was Mika thinking getting rid of a brilliant keys player and replacing him with a substandard one?!!

Fine if he made the mistake back then, but you would have thought that as time went by, he would have decided to find a replacement for David. It just bugs me.

Sometimes it's hard not to get a bit cocky when journalists ask him the most boring questions. Or he gives a brilliant answer and they just move on to the next question without going further into what he's saying. I mean, I get that he's just another in a long, long list of people they need to interview... but sometimes, it's hard not be like "gahh, I could have done that BETTER!" :blush-anim-cl:

Haha, I thought this kind of suggestion was just as wrong and naïve as that time I suggested that a person who also was a fan could do a lot to help Mika to get his websites in order.:teehee:

People jumped on me, in a friendly and polite way of course :naughty: saying that a person who was a fan couldn’t do a proper job because….I’ve forgot…. but they really let me know how wrong that thought was!:wink2:

And…..look at what Christine is doing now, DcDeb, the ticket fairy, and Freddie and the contests!

I have written that down in my I-told-you-so-book!:naughty:

And now to business: What would happen if you actually asked him? Saying that his fan club would be really interested to hear what he has to say about his music si and so, we could help you prepare the questions!

The best thing would of course be if it could be filmed, but ordinary audio could work too!

Please Mana...give this a though!:wub2:

Yes I agree with you that many interviews feels like a waste of both Mika’s and the journalist’s time and interesting and valuable answers just get lost.

It is a pleasure when you can savour a really good interview and it feels like you get to know the person a little bit more, in a good, not a curious way!

Michael Parkinson:thumb_yello:

Opray Winfrey

We have a few good in Sweden too like Stina Lundberg Dabrowski.:thumb_yello:

Haha, I thought this kind of suggestion was just as wrong and naïve as that time I suggested that a person who also was a fan could do a lot to help Mika to get his websites in order.:teehee:

People jumped on me, in a friendly and polite way of course :naughty: saying that a person who was a fan couldn’t do a proper job because….I’ve forgot…. but they really let me know how wrong that thought was!:wink2:

And…..look at what Christine is doing now, DcDeb, the ticket fairy, and Freddie and the contests!

And now to business: What would happen if you actually asked him? Saying that his fan club would be really interested to hear what he has to say about his music si and so, we could help you prepare the questions!

The best thing would of course be if it could be filmed, but ordinary audio could work too!

Yes I agree with you that many interviews feels like a waste of both Mika’s and the journalist’s time and interesting and valuable answers just get lost.

It is a pleasure when you can savour a really good interview and it feels like you get to know the person a little bit more, in a good, not a curious way!

Opray Winfrey

It would be good, wouldn't it. When he tried to fob OUR interviewer off with a standard answer or a contradiction, we could pull him up on it

Opray Winfrey

We already have come up with questions for Mika. I have two threads for questions you want to ask Mika. Last year on MS when Mika said we could submit questions and he would answer them, Mana sent him a link to that thread.

As it is, I'm sure there were a lot more questions submitted to him for answering on MS than we ever got answers to. I think we only had the one blog response that was about travel questions.

MIKA!! Please answer some more questions. I'm sure you've still got all the emails, and if not, just ask us and we'll submit more.:thumb_yello:

It would be good, wouldn't it. When he tried to fob OUR interviewer off with a standard answer or a contradiction, we could pull him up on it

I don't understand exactly what you mean, if it's meant to be sarcastic or not?:blink:

This is the hardest thing with a foreign language, you understand the words but not the meaning between them!

I could see Mika do this...if the interviewer is friendly and serious.:blush-anim-cl:

We already have come up with questions for Mika. I have two threads for questions you want to ask Mika. Last year on MS when Mika said we could submit questions and he would answer them, Mana sent him a link to that thread.

As it is, I'm sure there were a lot more questions submitted to him for answering on MS than we ever got answers to. I think we only had the one blog response that was about travel questions.

MIKA!! Please answer some more questions. I'm sure you've still got all the emails, and if not, just ask us and we'll submit more.:thumb_yello:

Don’t you think he got a bit overwhelmed with the amount of questions?

I know I would have been!:naughty:

And some of the questions could have been hard to answer….ya got me????:roftl:

Guess Mika doesn't feel the same- same as he obviously likes Dan more than I do

I'm obviously not in Mika's head, so I have no idea of what he thinks, but personally I put it down to disorganisation rather than him really liking Sunshine. At least this way I can still preserve my admiration for Mika, rather than thinking that he's ok with a substandard musician...

You do surprise me about Dan though- Why don't you like him? I find him excellent in every way :thumb_yello:.