Mika in German magazine "Männer"

mellody

in this months' issue of german gay magazine "Männer" there's a one-page interview (plus one-page pic) with mika. i didn't buy it though, as i don't wanna pay 8 euro just for those 2 pages... :rolls_eyes: so no scans, sorry. i read the interview in the shop though, so i can tell you a bit about it. :wink2:

it's by the same interviewer as this one: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19254 and starts similar, interviewer arriving at mika's house, mum opening door, mika living in basement. :bleh: iirc the first question was about the new album, something like what was his intention with it, answer is nothing new, the usual "teenage years" and "good pop music" thing. then they asked whether he was an outsider at school, also the usual answer, plus this bit, which was quoted on several websites: http://www.bild.de/BILD/unterhaltung/telegramm/unterhaltungs-telegramm,rendertext=9540146.html

translation:

i was on different boys' schools and those are especially cruel places for people like me. i was fat, i dressed weirdly, had a high voice and gestured with my hands in a, let's say, quite gay way. so for the others i was the fat, gay boy, the demon they had to defeat. today i can laugh about it, but back then the humiliations were horrible.

in the magazine interview i remember he also said that he liked singing instead of sports, as another reason why they bullied him.

then in the interview there came 2 questions+answers which were the same like in the other interview, the one about why he doesn't say whether he's gay and the one about his love life.

they asked whether there were usually paparazzi in front of his house and he said there used to be many and his family wasn't happy about it at all, but since he's never at home anyway, meanwhile the paparazzi gave up.

the last question was whether he sees himself as an icon for the outsiders and he said naah, rather as an icon for the ones who still live in their parents' basement. :lmao:

btw, the picture is of mika on a yellow donald duck bike. :bleh:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was on different boys' schools and those are especially cruel places for people like me. i was fat, i dressed weirdly, had a high voice and gestured with my hands in a, let's say, quite gay way. so for the others i was the fat, gay boy, the demon they had to defeat. today i can laugh about it, but back then the humiliations were horrible.

:roftl: Funny habits we acquired. Walking right up to the gay mag section to meticulously examine them one after another in a quite single-minded way.

That description sounds like Mika. Apart from the fat part, of course :naughty:

Wonder where that comes from. I think it was just his own perception. Many teenagers have a quite distorted view on themselves.

:roftl: Funny habits we acquired. Walking right up to the gay mag section to meticulously examine them one after another in a quite single-minded way.

That description sounds like Mika. Apart from the fat part, of course :naughty:

Wonder where that comes from. I think it was just his own perception. Many teenagers have a quite distorted view on themselves.

Yes thats very true ... maybe it was in his head .. good point :thumb_yello:

or maybe it just came from the ones who bullied him. i was bullied about my nose at school so i came to think it was ugly. meanwhile i see it in a realistic way and wonder how i could ever believe the things they said!

and about the gay mags, yeah, i was glad that it lay around openly and i didn't have to ask for it at the counter - i mean, how does a woman explain why she wants a mens gay mag?! :lmfao:

Apparently he was chubby as a child. I was sat next to a lady who is a friend of the family at the Sadler's Wells gig. She has a daughter who went to school with one of his younger sisters. She told me many interesting things about him as she knew him from age 12..... I'll tell more if you'd like :teehee::naughty:

Apparently he was chubby as a child. I was sat next to a lady who is a friend of the family at the Sadler's Wells gig. She has a daughter who went to school with one of his younger sisters. She told me many interesting things about him as she knew him from age 12..... I'll tell more if you'd like :teehee::naughty:

I'm not interested...KIDDING!!!

PLEASE TELL it all !!! :roftl:

oh yes!! please!!!:clap::teehee:

I Wanna Know More!! (Same As Everybody Else Does Too) :biggrin2: