REPORTS, PHOTOS, VIDS: MIKA in Brussels - JIM MOBILE Showcase - Sept. 2 2009

CazGirl

Thank you both! I'm really looking forward to february! maybe I'll give mika then a "hand-warming-knuffeltje" ^^

I'm sure he will like it as much as I do :wink2: Thanks again!

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My report about Brussels:

Tuesday 01-09-2009

I get a phonecall from a number I don't know. I pick up and here: "Hello you're speaking with Universal Music". I didn't have to think one second because I already knew i've won tickets!! The man on the phone continued talking in english and I could only understand half of what he was saying. After asking what he said a couple of times he asked if I spoke any dutch hahaha. Then we finished the conversation in dutch. I was shaking all the time. At first he said I won VIP tickets, then I understood I didn't won VIP tickets. I really didn't understand it anymore but i thought who cares I"M GOING TO SEE MIKA! After I hung up the phone i called my friend Miranda and we both screamed on the phone we were so happy.

Wednesday 02-09-09

Today is the day! Miranda and me are going to Brussels. We got in the car at 15.00. The whole trip should have taken about 2,5 hours. But at 17.30 we weren't there yet, there was so much traffic. After 4 hours we finally arrived in Brussels. We found the Plaza Hotel where the gig was and we found a great parking place. It was only one euro!!!. Then we picked up our stuff and expected we would be waiting in a very long line because we arrived so late. We walked in and asked a man where we should go and told him about the tickets I had won. He send us to the main entrance and we saw we had VIP tickets, we couldn't believe it. They congratulated me and we received a cool keychain with a VIPcard on it. After that we received a golden bracelet. We felt very important hahha. It was so great and we were so exited. We went into the VIPlounge and a woman came over and over again to us with champagne. Then we went to the toilet and after that we saw Martin. I said look that's Martin and then he waved at us and said hi. After an hour we went into the room where mika would perform. we were at the front and had a great spot.

Mika should start at 21.00 but he started 10 minutes later. We were going to see Mika again after 3 months. The concert was so great I'll never forget this. Mika was in a very good mood. He talked alot in Dutch, he made some mistakes but that was funny and cute. He joked alot and cherrise was waiting until she could start hahah. After a song everything became dark and silver confetti came everywhere. Mika was on the piano with an umbrella above his head, really that was beautiful. He sang some new songs for example Rain , BIame it on the girls and ofcourse WAG. It was so great and special. The hour was over before we knew it. after that we went back to the VIPlounge to get a drink. Then we went outside to wait for Mika. We didn't have to wait long for Mika we became nervous and though oh what shall we say? Then mika was in front of me, everything went ok I knew what to say, there was nobody shouting around us and mika was very relaxed. After he signed Patricia4u's birthdaycard(it was her birthday that day) I asked him if he has seen the birthday video I made for him with some fans from holland. He immediadly said ahh Mikahyves? yesss. So he has seen it i was so happy hahaha. After that he went to Miranda and she asked him for a hug, and he said yes!! Omg I didn't know what I was seeing, Miranda said Omg i'm going to faint haha. Then I decided to ask for a hug after he went to everybody and I let him sign my vipcard (I forgot about that). He smiled and he signed it and Miranda said I love your shoes. So I asked for a hug and he said yeahh and then we hugged. This was the best night of my life. We left at 24.00 and we arrived home after 2,5 at my place. We couldn't sleep yet because we were so exited so we decided to watch the video's and pictures. It really was the most magical gig EVER!

translated by Patricia4u

Edited by Sylvana

I had the same feeling ... I felt like we were a group that knew each other for a long time ... It just felt very familiar.

Maybe we all can come together some other time in the fall. :wub2

Again I agree ... he was so funny and he looked so happy and free.

:biggrin2 :naughty:

Yes, it felt very familiar :wub2: I'd love to come together again this fall! :thumb_yello:

Totally agree! Felt exactly the same!! :wub2:

Here some of my pics: :wink2:

And here the link if you want to check them all: http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll267/Miss_lollipop54/Mika%20-%20Showcase%20-%202%20sept%2009/

Love your pics :wub2: t4p! :wub2:

My report about Brussels:

Tuesday 01-09-2009

I get a phonecall from a number I don't know. I pick up and here: "Hello ...

at 24.00 and we arrived home after 2,5 at my place. We couldn't sleep yet because we were so exited so we decided to watch the video's and pictures. It really was the most magical gig EVER!

translated by Patricia4u

Thanks for the report! :thumb_yello:

I also felt like it was the best gig ever :wub2:

@Droopsy Love your siggie :biggrin2:

Thanks all! :wub2:

All videos

I've made a playlist .. If you click here you find all my videos :wink2:

The songs:

Voila, I hope you('ve) enjoy(ed) them :original:

Thanks everyone for the vids! :wub2::wink2:

I just check mine and especially the one from the after gig that my "personal cameraman" took (aka my father :D:naughty:)...

and I don't know where my head was but I forgot to say that Mika mentioned the MFC and thanked the MFC for the gift we made for him! :wub2:

He was happy apparently :wub2:

I don't know why I haven't reacted and said something :blink::aah:

He said that in French here (around 1:20) and was talking to Olga :wink2:

:wub2:

Edited by Miss_lollipop54

Thanks everyone for the vids! :wub2::wink2:

I just check mine and especially the one from the after gig that my "personal cameraman" took (aka my father :D:naughty:)...

and I don't know where my head was but I forgot to say that Mika mentioned the MFC and thanked the MFC for the gift we made for him! :wub2:

He was happy apparently :wub2:

I don't know why I haven't reacted and said something :blink::aah:

He said that in French here (around 1:20) and was talking to Olga :wink2:

:wub2:

The birthday gift?

Well yes, I guess :thumb_yello: he said "I haven't said it yet but thank you everyone from the MFC for their gift"

(just before that, Olga was talking about her belated birthday gift she offered to him so I think he stayed on the "birthday gift subject" :thumb_yello:)

Aw, cool. Thanks :wub2:

I'm so glad I can use the net again, was having the oh so famous post gig depression but looking at this thread again, watching the vids and pics...:wub2:

Dat kunnen we sowieso altijd eens doen hé !!!

Gaan we doen ook! We zijn praktisch buren! :aah:

Yes, it felt very familiar :wub2: I'd love to come together again this fall! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the report! :thumb_yello:

I also felt like it was the best gig ever :wub2:

@Droopsy Love your siggie :biggrin2:

Yup, best gig ever idd... I can't believe I'm still thinking about it like it was yesterday, still can't shut up about it :teehee:

And yup! We should def have another meet-up!

Yes, love that moment, it was just f'ing hilarious :roftl:

@ Bienie, I love the vid of the funny moments! The last one: I forgot the lines!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hahahahah :lmao:

Edited by Droopsy

@ Bienie, I love the vid of the funny moments! The last one: I forgot the lines!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hahahahah :lmao:

Yeah, I love that last part! :biggrin2:

And he started wrong I think? If I remember well .. You can see Martin & Dan looking at him and Martin doing signs and stuff right before Mika says he forgot the lines :aah:

Love the haircut explanation video, he pretty much said the same last night, and Jemma offered to trim it in properly for him. He should let her, she'd do a great job tidying it up at the back.