Mika @ Blackpool Sept. 5th 2009 - PICS, VIDEOS AND GIG REPORTS

mari62

Sorry to hear about your car - hope it didn't spoil your evenings enjoyment too much :huglove:

No, it would have taken a lot more than that to get me off the Mika high. And I've not had post-gig depression. That's twice I've survived. And I'm still giddy about this whole Blackpool experience. I can't count how often I've used the red button.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it would have taken a lot more than that to get me off the Mika high. And I've not had post-gig depression. That's twice I've survived. And I'm still giddy about this whole Blackpool experience. I can't count how often I've used the red button.

You know I haven't had PMD either? I don't know if it's because I'll be seein him again or just the way that it all came to an end in such a pleasing manner.

I've watched on the red button and online too many times! Lol. I phoned my mum and told her to put onn the BBc and press the red button! Hehehe.

Finally managed to catch up on reports on this thread....Glad you all had a brilliant time... what a setting for a gig or meet up... Mika was lovely as ever, he truly is a golden boy...will catch up on videos soon... must find time to come in and snoop around for a while... truly happy for you all that were there! :biggrin2:

Finally managed to catch up on reports on this thread....Glad you all had a brilliant time... what a setting for a gig or meet up... Mika was lovely as ever, he truly is a golden boy...will catch up on videos soon... must find time to come in and snoop around for a while... truly happy for you all that were there! :biggrin2:

Thank you:wub2: It was indeed truely fabby...and golden!

I scraped the car getting out of the car park and then I couldn't find anywhere else to park within walking dist of The Counting House. It just seemed easier to drive home! So I did, and bored Rob rigid with a blow-by-blow account of the whole experience. (except for pranging the car - I left that bit out :roftl:)

PS Rose: Do you colour EVERY post before you post it?

aww, hey ruth.. I didn't know you had scraped the car:boxed: hope it wasn't too bad.

Fine, no worries. Certainly better than the time I crashed into the bin wagon! :naughty:

should I ask?? better not:naughty: next time.. we'll do the after party arangements before the gig, then you will be there:wub2:

Isn't he adorable..:wub2:

"I have always inspired to be everybody's hunk"

:roftl:

...and the thing he says about knowing lyrics to other artists' songs....:naughty:

Where does he say that?:blink:

"I've always aspired to be able to write a song like that" is what I heard.

Oh, I love how he says about finding out the actual words to Faith and other songs. I am just like that. I stopped singing in the only kareoke (sp?) I ever tried, to say, 'I had no idea that these were the words!'

BBC Radio2 Mika Interview

Mika chats about performing Faith by George Michael for Radio 2's Great British Songbook at Live in Blackpool

to listen: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/great-british-songbook/

to DL http://www.sendspace.com/file/k4zd2h

Ah, I loved that. Thanks for posting. I agree with him on finding out what the REAL lyrics are to things. Sometimes you think "What? The real words are what??" cos you've been singing it wrong for so long.:roftl:

Mika chats about performing Faith by George Michael for Radio 2's Great British Songbook at Live in Blackpool

Thanks you this. :thumb_yello:

By the way, have you managed to watch and record the VIDEO version of the interview on the bus + Love Today?

I agree with him on finding out what the REAL lyrics are to things. Sometimes you think "What? The real words are what??" cos you've been singing it wrong for so long.:roftl:

well, I am glad he checked the words even though he didn't manage to remember them all :naughty:

For you Pixie Lott fans ... on her new album she has a page of photographs andddd one of them is her as a Lollipop girl :biggrin2::wub2:

Isn't she lovely? :wub2:

Perhaps we should make her a present or something to make he feel we consider her as one of us?

and then you could give it to her at a gig as I'm sure you'll be going to some:teehee:

thank you marina :flowers2:

was very happy to hear that he was thinking about doing a bowie cover. i'd loooove to hear a bowie cover, i wrote it on twitter when he asked suggestions about which song to cover in blackpool. maybe in a future gig:wub2:

Isn't she lovely? :wub2:

Perhaps we should make her a present or something to make he feel we consider her as one of us?

and then you could give it to her at a gig as I'm sure you'll be going to some:teehee:

:roftl: Her album is goood I likes it! I bought hers and Muse! both superb! I must say Muse album is amazing

She has a collection of pics and one is her in a lollipop dress , I wounder how she managed that .. she is yummmyyy , blonde and leggy and hmm OHHH and a great singer:naughty:

Yes we should! nice idea