CHANGED DATE: Mika in Amsterdam, Netherlands at Heineken Hall

Christine

This Blacklight-idea sounds great (thanx for the link! very interesting), would like to dress in such a way (btw. the Vienna-Venue is nothing else than black inside, no decoration - only black walls!! now I am VERY curious cuz your comment about blacklight !).

And I am ready for some decorations of mine ;) - have already bought some facial stones, also two flowers for a hat, have a thin vest with pailettes and golden and silver make-up - so now I wait for a little hint of the right choice of them :naughty:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This Blacklight-idea sounds great (thanx for the link! very interesting), would like to dress in such a way (btw. the Vienna-Venue is nothing else than black inside, no decoration - only black walls!! now I am VERY curious cuz your comment about blacklight !).

And I am ready for some decorations of mine ;) - have already bought some facial stones, also two flowers for a hat, have a thin vest with pailettes and golden and silver make-up - so now I wait for a little hint of the right choice of them :naughty:

I went to my local costume shop last week and they said they can get the facial stones, which I'm going to use for Bristol,.

I know some of us had something planned for the original gig not sure if it's still happening, but hopefully it will:thumb_yello:

It´s the hotel Trianon, I haven´t still the exactly adress. It´s so nice that you help me :wub2:

I googled it and it's apparently near the Museumsquare... if it's really there then you can take tram 2 or 5 :thumb_yello:

I'm glad to help, it's always much easier to hear it from people who actually know the city as opposed to confusing websites and touristguides :wink2:

I found it. For the ones who went to the concertgebouw gig. It's at the back door of the concert gebouw :thumb_yello: where we all met Mika after the show. So indeed very close to the museumplein/square. And it's a good start for touristic activities. Quiet enough to have a good night sleep, but on the other hand very close to some museums and also the city shopping area, starting at PC Hoofdstraat with all expensive stuff, just like Bondstreet in London.

And don't forget to see the canals. I drove near the canals a little while ago and found out it's actually very beautifull. Every house is unique, not 2 of them are the same. Maybe you can take a canal cruise, starting at Damrak, near Dam Square. It takes about 30-45 minutes. The guide is a tape in several foreign languages. And there's also a tourist (american school)bus, same kind of tour, but on land :biggrin2:.

If you're interested in seeing the red light district it's also close to Damsquare. I heard they're cleaning up that area, so I don't know if there's still something to see.

If you walk along the canals, especially in the Jordaan area, there are a lot of small galleries of painting artists, mostly in the cellar of the building. Maybe you can see them at work sometimes when they are at work somewhere in the city. All amatuers, but there are talented people over there.

Watch out for the tourist shops. They sell tulips and clogs, but the tourists are the only ones buying these. It's the same in every tourist shop all over the world, selling things locals ever use. I don't have clogs at home :wink2:. They're mostly used by farmers. Very handy to have these big wooden shoes when you walk in the mud next to your cows. And I don't have tulips all year in my house :naughty:.

Amsterdam is a world city, but with close to 800.000 residents you can imagine it's a small city, everything close to each other. Some history and other things about Amsterdam: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam

Hope to give you a start for the ones taking an Amsterdam tour. Of course there is much more to see. The weather will (probably) be good in may, so you will have a good time besides the Mika gig.

we've talked about several themes for the german tour already on DMFC, but all in all we decided to wait until the tour starts, so we'll see what the stage set etc. is like. :wink2: (edit: just seen that you edited your post to that too... :naughty:)

IF mika uses blacklight again (and i really hope he does), we should make at least one gig themed white or neon. i think glow-in-the-blacklight neon colours would be fab for amsterdam. and there are whole shops for that on the internet! for germany for example http://www.schwarzlicht.de

but as i said, if we want to do that, we'll have to wait whether the stage set will include blacklight. i think so, as mika once said something about all the european venues being dark, so he can use some cool light effects there - hope he meant the blacklight. but you'll never know, he says a lot in interviews... :rolls_eyes:

and then of course, if some have already decided on a costume for amsterdam, we could start from that with deciding on a theme.

for example, other themes i could imagine for the tour would be "album booklet" (which can be anything from outer space to voodoo dolls to mubbins), or "face art" - everyone sticking stones or sequins to their faces, or face-paint. :wink2:

Dresscode theme for this gig, we came up with: Alice in Wonderland

I'm going as Alice, Freddie as the Mad Hatter, Rose as Cheshire Cat, Monie as the White Rabbit, Miek as the March Hare, Babet as Queen of Hearts and Kaatje perhaps as White Queen. :naughty:

If you want to join, lemme know XD

I went to my local costume shop last week and they said they can get the facial stones, which I'm going to use for Bristol,.

I know some of us had something planned for the original gig not sure if it's still happening, but hopefully it will:thumb_yello:

Ofcourse it's still happening, because we're freaking awesome. So we still need:

- Dormouse

- Tweedledee & Tweedledum

- Humptie Dumptie

- Caterpillar

- Duchess

- King of Hearts

- Gryphon

- Mock Turtle

- White King

- Lion

- Unicorn

- Knaves of Hearts

:mf_rosetinted:

I'm going as Alice, Freddie as the Mad Hatter, Rose as Cheshire Cat, Monie as the White Rabbit, Miek as the March Hare, Babet as Queen of Hearts and Kaatje perhaps as White Queen. :naughty:

Yes, why not :naughty: - but I must confess that I don't know more characters of Alice in Wonderland :mf_rosetinted:

I was going to ask you if we were still doing that, now I don't have to.:naughty:

Ofcourse it's still happening, because we're freaking awesome. So we still need:

- Dormouse

- Humptie Dumptie

- Caterpillar

- Duchess

- King of Hearts

- Gryphon

- Mock Turtle

- White King

- Lion

- Unicorn

- Knaves of Hearts

I think we should buy this one for gertrude:

http://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/shop/B001VAGTXK

even though its a boy :naughty:

this website has some really cool things on it btw!

- Dormouse

- Humptie Dumptie

- Caterpillar

- Duchess

- King of Hearts

- Gryphon

- Mock Turtle

- White King

- Lion

- Unicorn

- Knaves of Hearts

I still need a lion...or tiger :fisch:

I'm in doubt. I've googled for the White Queen, but the costumes are a bit ... *cough*... tiny. :aah:

Je hoeft toch niet per se als iets van alice in wonderland, stand out :mf_rosetinted: net als ik.... :biggrin2:

You're still looking for your lion. :shun:

:roftl:

Noooooo dont speak dutch:boxed::boxed::boxed:

Sniff us english peeps will feel left out

Ok ja ja straat :biggrin2:

straat????? :lmfao:

Noooooo dont speak dutch:boxed::boxed::boxed:

Sniff us english peeps will feel left out

Ok ja ja straat :biggrin2:

sorry schatje, ik vergaat het even:wub2:

You're still looking for your lion. :shun:

:roftl:

straat????? :lmfao:

yes, I am :teehee:

but I'm not saying you have to be a lion, you can be anything...just wanted to say you don't have be dressed as somone from alice in wonderland...otherwise I'll be the only one who looks 'weird'... well we'll all look weird, but you know what i mean:naughty:

sorry schatje, ik vergaat het even:wub2:

yes, I am :teehee:

but I'm not saying you have to be a lion, you can be anything...just wanted to say you don't have be dressed as somone from alice in wonderland...otherwise I'll be the only one who looks 'weird'... well we'll all look weird, but you know what i mean:naughty:

I'm not going as someone from alice in wonderland..

all the good costumes are gone :naughty:

Which means I am now seriously considering a spongebob costume :biggrin2: