MIKA @ the Apollo, Manchester

dcdeb

Alan and I can put up four people in our Sale home (not far from Manchester)

It won't be luxurious, but it's free and we will look after you.

There is a comfortable collapsable bed for one person,

A settee for another,

and two people can sleep on the floor, if you bring sleeping bags.

The first four people to pm me and let me know, will get to come and stay with us.

It's free, all we ask is a bit of help (about £2 each) towards a taxi back after the gig and whatever we're doing afterwards, which we will all share, back to Sale.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm the youngest going. (14 now, 15 @ gig.)

Dunno who I'm taking with me but oh well.

Despite living near Manchester, I've never seen the Apollo and I've never been in it.

By the way, I know this is probably a silly question but what are the chances of there being a M&G?

Despite living near Manchester, I've never seen the Apollo and I've never been in it.

By the way, I know this is probably a silly question but what are the chances of there being a M&G?

The chances of a quick hi and a signing are pretty good, it depends alot on how many people are there, if he's got any guests or comp winners and also what the weather is like!

Unfortunatley the security guard who is normally in charge at the stage door is not nice! He was really nasty to some of us at the last Mika gig there and I saw him again on Monday when I saw Paolo Nutini so he still works there! :boxed:

I love the Apollo as a venue, it's a nice size. Hope to meet you on the day :)

The chances of a quick hi and a signing are pretty good, it depends alot on how many people are there, if he's got any guests or comp winners and also what the weather is like!

Unfortunatley the security guard who is normally in charge at the stage door is not nice! He was really nasty to some of us at the last Mika gig there and I saw him again on Monday when I saw Paolo Nutini so he still works there! :boxed:

I really didnt like that security guard. He was so rude.

Alan and I can put up four people in our Sale home (not far from Manchester)

It won't be luxurious, but it's free and we will look after you.

There is a comfortable collapsable bed for one person,

A settee for another,

and two people can sleep on the floor, if you bring sleeping bags.

The first four people to pm me and let me know, will get to come and stay with us.

It's free, all we ask is a bit of help (about £2 each) towards a taxi back after the gig and whatever we're doing afterwards, which we will all share, back to Sale.

Marilyn that's a really lovely offer, makes me wish I didn't live close enough to drive home afterwards.

I really didnt like that security guard. He was so rude.

Marc and I were backstage afterwards (because we'd been on stage during Lollipop), Mika asked us to wait until he'd spoken to the competition winners so he could come back and talk to us and the nasty security man chucked us out!! Never going to forgive him for that!

He was being quite nasty at the Paolo gig too, it's one of the reasons I decided not to wait around afterwards.

Marc and I were backstage afterwards (because we'd been on stage during Lollipop), Mika asked us to wait until he'd spoken to the competition winners so he could come back and talk to us and the nasty security man chucked us out!! Never going to forgive him for that!

He was being quite nasty at the Paolo gig too, it's one of the reasons I decided not to wait around afterwards.

What a cheek. There was no need for that.

It ruins things when there's some jobsworth like that ruining it for the people who are there! Let's hope when we go, it's his night off.

Thanks for saying what you did about my offer. I'm only too pleased to do it for people who need to stay over in Manchester.

Hopefully he might not be there that day?:boxed:

See you there too, if I can remember what you look like ^^;. I'm not so good with faces.

Nice to know its a good venue , totally new one this for me:blink:

Big names coming up north Whoo-oo!

The Apollo is lovely. The floor slopes like Brixton so you can see even if you're not at the front. But where Brixton was fairly big, the Apollo is smaller. Mika's played it several times so I guess he likes it. The band members all had family there last time I went. And Mika did a m&g when I was there but we had waited ages and it was freezing cold - even some snow! So if you're depending on parents, I know a lot won't wait after the show. And they kept saying no pictures, no photos. I didn't understand if they meant we mustn't take and or we mustn't ask him to pose for any.

Pity the security man was a pain and is still there.

Big names coming up north Whoo-oo!

The Apollo is lovely. The floor slopes like Brixton so you can see even if you're not at the front. But where Brixton was fairly big, the Apollo is smaller. Mika's played it several times so I guess he likes it. The band members all had family there last time I went. And Mika did a m&g when I was there but we had waited ages and it was freezing cold - even some snow! So if you're depending on parents, I know a lot won't wait after the show. And they kept saying no pictures, no photos. I didn't understand if they meant we mustn't take and or we mustn't ask him to pose for any.

Pity the security man was a pain and is still there.

You mean Nov 07? Yeah I was driving back to North Wales afterwards but still waited, I was like a Zombie! Lol. It was worth the wait tho. :wub2:

My only problem with the venue is that because of the slope I have to walk very slowly to the front or I'll fall over, and people always run and push past no matter what security say. :boxed:

Another bonus to the venue is that they hand out water quite frequently too and most of the security inside are nice. Plus it's got a Tesco Express, McDonalds and a lovely little pub all nearby. The pub is actually right next to the stage door.:naughty:

You mean Nov 07? Yeah I was driving back to North Wales afterwards but still waited, I was like a Zombie! Lol. It was worth the wait tho. :wub2:

My only problem with the venue is that because of the slope I have to walk very slowly to the front or I'll fall over, and people always run and push past no matter what security say. :boxed:

Another bonus to the venue is that they hand out water quite frequently too and most of the security inside are nice. Plus it's got a Tesco Express, McDonalds and a lovely little pub all nearby. The pub is actually right next to the stage door.:naughty:

Car parking too. Although not for early. What did you do in Nov 07 or weren't you in a car?

HELP I need a room share again, or at least to know where everyone is staying cos I wll be a Billy no mates agan otherwise..PM me if anyone has any info or is interested :thumb_yello:

Travel Lodge is the place to look - they've got their £19 sale on at the moment but you'll have to snap them up before they go.

Did you get my PM I sent you back about sharing at one of the other gigs?

HELP I need a room share again, or at least to know where everyone is staying cos I wll be a Billy no mates agan otherwise..PM me if anyone has any info or is interested :thumb_yello:

I sent you a pm about my offer to put people up in my home.

The offer still stands as no one has pmd me yet. I have room for 4 people.

Hmmm...if people are staying over in Manchester it's self then I quite like the idea, I only live an hour away but we could have drinks after etc if I wasn't driving home...

If anyone has a spare sapce in their room I might be interested.

Marilyn what kinda time would you be heading back after the gig? Would you be sticking around for drinks?

Hmmm...if people are staying over in Manchester it's self then I quite like the idea, I only live an hour away but we could have drinks after etc if I wasn't driving home...

If anyone has a spare sapce in their room I might be interested.

Marilyn what kinda time would you be heading back after the gig? Would you be sticking around for drinks?

Of course we're staying! We want to party with the MFCers! There's no set time to go home. It'll just be whenever it is, depending on what happens afterwards.