TV: Mika on ELLEN (Ellen Degeneres Show) (22 Oct 2009)

dcdeb

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw Ellen -- nearly had a heart attack! Just as Mika came on they

TV station ran a crawl across the bottom of the screen as a test,

accompanied by a loud, high-pitched tone! Lasted about the first 15 seconds!

:sneaky2: So even though I recorded, it wouldn't have been a very good

recording for putting on youtube. *sigh*

In any case, thought everyone looked great -- loved Erika's Muppets dress!

Would love to have it!

did they show us MFCers anywhere on the show? they didn't show the crowd during mika from what i saw on youtube (except for one shot from the back where you could see our arms up in the air if you know where to look :naughty:), but did they show us another time, like maybe at the beginning? just would like to know, whether i missed anything by not seeing the whole show on tv. :wink2:

Just saw Ellen -- nearly had a heart attack! Just as Mika came on they

TV station ran a crawl across the bottom of the screen as a test,

accompanied by a loud, high-pitched tone! Lasted about the first 15 seconds!

:sneaky2: So even though I recorded, it wouldn't have been a very good

recording for putting on youtube. *sigh*

In any case, thought everyone looked great -- loved Erika's Muppets dress!

Would love to have it!

I'm crossing my fingers I have good luck on getting to see him on tv today. Youtube is good and all but tv is even better!

I'm wonder WHAT will go wrong today! First on GMA I got Obama instead of Mika, then on Letterman the station it was on went out! Luckily it came back JUST in time. Now today... what will go wrong today? :shocked:

so all week I was super excited to see Mika on ellen, even though I haven't been a dedicated watcher in a few years. All today I was excited and kept reminding myself. Then I got home and turned on the tv to watch House from monday and forgot about Mika completely. Then my wonderful Mother and friend called me and told me he was about to perform!! I was screaming and so upset at myself for almost forgetting to watch him!! I love them so much for know how obsessed I am :wub2: haha But then it was all better. I'm so happy they finally got him on her show!

How rude! :sneaky2:

My sted dad will be recording it so I should be able to upload it eventually, if no one else does before me :dunno:

I've seen Katy Perry wear that muppet dress before so they must've gotten it from a shop or something :dunno:

i want that dress!!!

MIKA & ELLEN = 2 FAV PEOPLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4hSg6PnJ38&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6

. . . if you haven't heard MIKA, you'll want to see him on today's show. He's from London, and after his first album he was compared with Freddie Mercury, Elton John and Prince. He just released his second album, "The Boy Who Knew Too Much," and will perform his hit

"Blame It on the Girls" for me.

MIKA on ELLEN today--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NziYhb-jS1k

This is one of those times I wish I had TV :(

But thank goodness for youtube + the internet :thumb_yello:

p.s. hi everyone, I'm still new-ish here:roftl:

Don't worry you didn't miss very much, I had to sit through 50 minutes of pure irrelevance to my reason why I was watching it, so youtube seems like a better resource :roftl:

Don't worry you didn't miss very much, I had to sit through 50 minutes of pure irrelevance to my reason why I was watching it, so youtube seems like a better resource :roftl:

Indeed :roftl: But I always imagined he'd look amazing on a BIG SCREEN

im here! and everything nono said is right...except that when that girl that work for ellen made the call i dont think it was to mikas paople...it was to someone that work in the studio that have the guest list :) cause deb said we ARE on the list! :thumb_yello:

what a great time! Ellen is my fave tv person here in the US.... i always wanted to see her! looooove her! and mika with ellen! :shocked: perfect!

thank you so much again Deb and FD!!! i love u guys! and thank you so much for the mika team for working on this!!! i really didnt think we had a chance but when deb said mikas team is on it, i knew they would make it happen because they always take care of us when they can! THANK YOU!!!! :wub2:

I first recognized you and was so happy to see you there because MIKA would know there was MFC in the air

First of all... here's my flickr account to see the pictures of us before/after the gig. No camera inside, so no Mika pictures :thumbdown: : http://www.flickr.com/photos/32172634@N05/

100_3012.jpg

You all look so happy!!!!!! I am so glad everything work out well.