The rain video!

Droopsy

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*realises she has NO IDEA HOW TO USE TWITTER*

If you have an account go to his Twitter page and you'll see a little box with wheel thingy and an arrow across from the 'Following' box. Click on it and a drop-down menu appears. Select 'mention mikasounds' and type your message.

If you have an account go to his Twitter page and you'll see a little box with wheel thingy and an arrow across from the 'Following' box. Click on it and a drop-down menu appears. Select 'mention mikasounds' and type your message.

*there's a slight pause as she does so*

OHHHH.... :aah:

Thanks! :thumb_yello:

A review of the vid, the person clearly doesn't understand the video or dare I even say mika? :boxed:

Translation:

It can't be easy to create videos for Mika. Very few artists have such a distinctive sound that begs for a special approach. It has to be joyful and colorful, most directors understand that, but a true mika-video also needs a wink (:wink2:) according to us. Something that makes you happy. His most recent WAG was a good example, just like happy ending (:blink:). But Big girl probably captures that real mika feeling the most.

Rain by director Nez Khammal (Make Her Say, Candy) has got it completely wrong. Even though all the ingredients for a classic mika video appear to be present. We've got a magic forest, dressed up dancers, big glowing spheres and even a fireworks finale. That sounds like a big party on paper, Mika's best video ever, but it's too dark and most of all too serious. The big smile doesn't appear and Rain looks like one of those strange Fever Ray videos (which Mika's music is too light for).

To sum up: nice try, but this isn't a new classic. And the music? We've heard Mika sing better songs. Rain isn't bad and you can hear traces of at least 3 different Mika hits but the chorus sounds like the record keeps hanging (didn't know how to translate that :teehee:). Nice inbetween, but the current US single BIOTG is way better.

Original:

Het kan niet makkelijk zijn om video’s voor Mika te verzinnen. Maar weinig artiesten hebben zo’n uitgesproken geluid dat vraagt om een bijzondere aanpak. Het moet vrolijk en kleurrijk zijn, dat hebben de meeste regisseurs wel begrepen, maar een échte Mika-video heeft volgens ons ook een knipoog. Iets om vrolijk van te worden. Zijn meest recente We Are Golden was een goed voorbeeld, net als Happy Ending, maar misschien wist Big Girls dat ongrijpbare Mika-gevoel nog wel het beste te vangen.

Rain van regisseur Nez Khammal (Make Her Say, Candy) slaat de plank helaas mis. Ook al lijken alle ingrediënten voor een klassieke Mika-video aanwezig. We hebben een toverbos, verklede dansers, grote lichtgevende bollen en zelfs een finale met vuurwerk. Dat klinkt op papier als een groot feest, Mika’s beste video ooit, maar het is uiteindelijk te duister en vooral te serieus. De brede glimlach blijft uit en Rain lijkt nog het meeste op één van die bevreemdende Fever Ray-video’s (waar Mika’s muziek dan weer veel te lichtvoetig weer is). Kortom: leuk geprobeerd maar dit is geen nieuwe klassieker.

En de muziek?

We hebben Mika trouwens ook weleens betere liedjes horen zingen. Rain is niet onaardig en je hoort duidelijk echo’s van minstens drie andere Mika-hitjes, maar het refrein klinkt alsof de plaat blijft hangen. Leuk tussendoortje, maar de huidige Amerikaanse single Blame It On The Girls is veel beter.

http://videoclips.blog.nl/pop/2009/10/26/nieuwe-video-mika-rain

I feel weird now.

Has anyone else actually felt like calling that number on the milk carton? :blink:

Or am I the only lonely one?

I had a conversation with someone about this..

if it wouldn't cost me a BAGILLIONMILLIONTRILLION dollars to call europe I SOOOO would. :lmao:

Edited by Mika4Life13