Mika And Your Family/Friends

purplegrape

my kids like him a lot, esp. the smaller one. love his artwork, his music and voice o.c. and my girl also his looks, though they agree he's a bit excentric in the way he dresses, but meant in a good way. original most of all.

hubby likes his art and music and would be a greater fan than he admits to be if only someone bothered showing up at a gig where we flew the whole family back in 2007 :sneaky2: that's a painful story I won't dig up again,but it comes from there. :boxed:

occasionally he spills his admiration though, without admitting it too much. :mf_rosetinted: men! :aah:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday they were showing a best "Le grand journall" and :wub2:Mika :wub2:was on for about one minute long enough for my husband to let a huge sight out! :sneaky2:(I figure out my husband must be jalous of Mika's curls sind he used to have quite nice hair but it's all gone now! (Kojak style):naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

i have two younger siblings who love listening to Mika. My brother is 2 and he cant walk because of a disability, but when he hears Mika's music...he wants to try and stand up and dance. He moves around on the floor and shakes his hands. My sister is 6 and she likes to sing along to all his songs...she tries to learn the lyrics, so far shes done a better job than me.

Yesterday they were showing a best "Le grand journall" and :wub2:Mika :wub2:was on for about one minute long enough for my husband to let a huge sight out! :sneaky2:(I figure out my husband must be jalous of Mika's curls sind he used to have quite nice hair but it's all gone now! (Kojak style):naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

I think there might be some of that going on in my house too. It always surprises me on photos that I've got a bald husband. Because he wasn't. I should dig out the photo he said was to be his album cover if ever he recorded one. Lovely. And Mika-ish.... a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I found out my sister actually chose to listen to "Rain" on youtube! (I thought she didn't really like Mika). I was getting tired of her choosing songs I didn't like so I said, "Why don't you turn on Lady Gaga or something" as she was typing something into the search bar. She said, "No, I want to listen to this song. I really like it." She had the volume low so it took me a seconded or two to hear she was listening to "Rain"!! Of course I told her to turn it up and she started sinning it. So now there is hope that she likes him more than she's letting on.

Oh, I found out my aunt loves Mika! My aunt came out by us recently, and she's a MIKA fan!! Apparently she watches the Italian MTV and unlike here, they play music videos and play MIKA. She thinks he's cute and when I asked if she's heard "We are Golden" she said, "Yes!" and sang, "We are not what you think we are, we are golden we are golden!" Then when we where at the mall and talking about how stupid Hanna Montana was or something like that and said, "Who wants to wear clothing with her on it" or somthing simmilar and I said "Well... I can't talk because I want Mika shirts" and she said "Well, that's something different." :roftl:

I played Rain for her and she loves it. ^_^ You should of seen my sisters face when she heard my aunt say she loves Mika. :aah: Then when my aunt said he was good looking my sister said that "It's just the curly hair" :naughty:

I found out my sister actually chose to listen to "Rain" on youtube! (I thought she didn't really like Mika). I was getting tired of her choosing songs I didn't like so I said, "Why don't you turn on Lady Gaga or something" as she was typing something into the search bar. She said, "No, I want to listen to this song. I really like it." She had the volume low so it took me a seconded or two to hear she was listening to "Rain"!! Of course I told her to turn it up and she started sinning it. So now there is hope that she likes him more than she's letting on.

Oh, I found out my aunt loves Mika! My aunt came out by us recently, and she's a MIKA fan!! Apparently she watches the Italian MTV and unlike here, they play music videos and play MIKA. She thinks he's cute and when I asked if she's heard "We are Golden" she said, "Yes!" and sang, "We are not what you think we are, we are golden we are golden!" Then when we where at the mall and talking about how stupid Hanna Montana was or something like that and said, "Who wants to wear clothing with her on it" or somthing simmilar and I said "Well... I can't talk because I want Mika shirts" and she said "Well, that's something different." :roftl:

I played Rain for her and she loves it. ^_^ You should of seen my sisters face when she heard my aunt say she loves Mika. :aah: Then when my aunt said he was good looking my sister said that "It's just the curly hair" :naughty:

Wow I love your aunt:naughty: I just hope mine will prove to like him as much (she's accompanying me to the gig!:aah:)

I went out with my four friends yesterday, on a shopping spree. We were talking and we suddenly get onto the subject of Mika.

I have no idea how. But who cares? It's MIKA. :naughty:

Anyway, my absoloute best friend, says: "I like Mika... When you practically LIVE with this one (points to me) , he... Grows on you, I guess."

I was like, SCORE! NEW MIKA FAN!

Oh, and it's odd, but she went like this in the ride home. "I LOVE his brother! (Fortune) He's like, 8ft tall and SOO CUTE! He looks so nerdy!"

... :blink:

I went out with my four friends yesterday, on a shopping spree. We were talking and we suddenly get onto the subject of Mika.

I have no idea how. But who cares? It's MIKA. :naughty:

Anyway, my absoloute best friend, says: "I like Mika... When you practically LIVE with this one (points to me) , he... Grows on you, I guess."

I was like, SCORE! NEW MIKA FAN!

Oh, and it's odd, but she went like this in the ride home. "I LOVE his brother! (Fortune) He's like, 8ft tall and SOO CUTE! He looks so nerdy!"

... :blink:

:thumb_yello: She must already have informed herself alright when she knows what Fortuné looks like:naughty:

My mum really likes him except some videos.....my sister says she doesn't like him but she says it only because I like him....I'm sure she appreciates some things he does----

finally my father doesn't understand anything of him! However, he likes a few songs(GK and lollipop...) ...when he saw the wag video he was shocked!ihih ...and now everytime we eat tuna he says that we're eating poor LaDy Jane....oooooh.....

i actually discovered mika through my dad. he came home and said that he had heard this amazing song by 'mickey or something' :naughty:

called grace kelly. he made me look it up. that was the first time ever i heard a mika song:biggrin2:

Edited by roxy
grammar ;)

Wow I love your aunt:naughty: I just hope mine will prove to like him as much (she's accompanying me to the gig!:aah:)

Haha XD She's an awesome aunt. That's cool, your lucky to be going to a gig.

i actually discovered mika through my dad. he came home and said that he had heard this amazing song by 'mickey or something' :naughty:

called grace kelly. he made me look it up. that was the first time ever i heard a mika song:biggrin2:

That is awesome! I wish my Dad and step-dad liked him. :sad:

my mom's a fan and knows the lyrics almost as good as me :wink2:

my dad likes his singing, because, it reminds him of Queen, but isn't fond of his lyrics.

my sister likes him

nephew #1 loves him

nephew #2 screams at me everytime I play mika around him, but I do it anyway :thumb_yello:

my sister's husband keeps calling him queer and too bouncy, just trying to make me mad at him.

so pretty much, my family has bad taste in music:sneaky2:

• 1 month later...

My mom is almost as in love with him and his music as I am. She begged me to let her go with me to the Chicago gig :roftl:

My friends have all gotten used to his music and most actually like him.

Today I learned that my three closest guy friends have Mika mix CDs in their cars so they can sing along while they drive. Their favorite song? Lollipop!! :naughty: I knew there was a reason I loved them!

I don't think my family understands my appreciation for MIKA :/

See, mum isn't too swayed towards falsettos like me... and pop doesn't like the fact that he was a 'loser' in school. Maybe because I totally was one until I got into high school and got into all sorts of trouble :shocked:

My family don't really mind him to be honest, and I'm happy they put up with me playing his songs pretty much 24/7 :teehee: My parents don't really listen to much new music (oldies ftw!) so I'm not sure what they think of his music :dunno:

Apart from my brother, but it's only natural for older brothers to diss everything their younger sisters like :naughty:

My mom loves him, my dad thinks he's cute and childish,loves some of his songs and videos; my grandma thinks he has fine voice...my friends are either :wub2: or :puke:.

I officially declare that our family loves Mika, especially Sarah, the big black bunny.:roftl:

She adores his high pitching notes.:aah: