Never mind the buzzcocks: Mika, Ozzy and pigs...

Niki27

Maybe I'm just trying to find more reasons to hate Phil Jupitus, but he's been majorly p*ssing me off the last few series. I don't think he's been funny since I was about 7.

I don't know him so I can't really judge. But I have to admit the visual of an in-braces-Mika rounding up pigs in a church was so surreal it made me grin :teehee: But maybe I just have a far too vivid imagination? :biggrin2:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Jupitus seems to have this particularly poisonous attitude whenever anything regarding Mika is brought up and he turns into a massive dick.

When? Where?

Cuz I always watch this show and only remember Mika being brought up once or twice.. and not by Phil.

It's just comedy.

You want good comedy, you look to Noel, you look to Frank, you look to Jon Richardson, all three of them were much funnier than Phil but didn't need to resort to rubbish 'jokes' (and I use the term very loosely as 'joke' implies that laughter follows) to get their laughs.

They were all pretty harsh about Tinchy's height.. Going on and on about it..

And yet I've heard nobody complain about that..

If there actually was something to complain about in that episode, it would be the "dwarf" comments.. not Phil clapping his hands like a happy (gay ;)) chap naming a bunch of pigs.

If there actually was something to complain about in that episode, it would be the "dwarf" comments.. not Phil clapping his hands like a happy (gay ;)) chap naming a bunch of pigs.

Such a shame they didn't make him stand next to Calvin tho. I'm sure the Scot would have looked a tad (very?) ridiculous and ill at ease, and I love him even more when he looks that :naughty:

I don't know him so I can't really judge. But I have to admit the visual of an in-braces-Mika rounding up pigs in a church was so surreal it made me grin :teehee: But maybe I just have a far too vivid imagination? :biggrin2:

Meh, I've seen the show live and it totally changed my opinion of him. He contributes really very little in the two and a half hours they film for, so I imagine the editor has a tough job making him look like a comedian.

When? Where?

Cuz I always watch this show and only remember Mika being brought up once or twice.. and not by Phil.

It's just comedy.

Like I said up there ^ I saw it live, and Mika was brought up in a bit that was edited out, with Sophie Ellis Bextor, and Phil didn't say anything, he just tutted and rolled his eyes in a really arrogant sort of way when Mika was metioned and he wasn't even involved in the conversation. And another time on the intros round he guessed something as Mika and said his name with such disdain that was totally unecessary and it just made me think 'get over yourself'.

Regarding Tinchy's height, this is where intention comes in. None of them were malcious, you could absolutely see that and Tinchy was there and able to come back with comments, I think it was entirely different.

I probably sound like a right arsey little sh*t but I think it's probably a case of Phil annoying me for too long and this tipping me over the edge. I personally think he's getting stale now - you look at what he's done comedy wise in the last...10 years. It's JUST Buzzcocks. There's an occasional (and lame) appearance on Argumental on Dave, and there have been a couple of QI appearances, but where was his spot on Live at the Apollo? Have I got News For You? Would I Lie to You? Hell, he hasn't even been on 8 out of 10 Cats! I think personally, he's past his best, and that's reflected in his infrequent tv spots.

Okay, I'm done, I swear. :naughty: Apologies to those who had to scroll past my venting. :aah:

Such a shame they didn't make him stand next to Calvin tho. I'm sure the Scot would have looked a tad (very?) ridiculous and ill at ease, and I love him even more when he looks that :naughty:

Hahah I was praying for that. Calvin's about 6'5'' isn't he? That would have been amazing to see. :aah:

LOVE this show it's hilarious, Paul might have gone a bit too far, but it's only a comedy show and should not be taken seriously in my opinion.

And you just gotta love Noel :wub2:

Noel is amazing!!! :mf_lustslow::wub2:

Have you seen his Mick Jagger impression on last week show?

:teehee: Edited by Mici

thanks! and now knowing what cherry bakewells are (thanks to google) - man has the point!:naughty: seems like funny show, never seen it before.

welcome :)

it can be a funny show, not so funny now coz the main host (mark lemar i think) left and so did the other captain (bill bailey). but it depends if the guests are funny and co- opperate in the jokes and laughs :bleh: hehehe

x x x

Never Mind the Buzzcocks is a comedy pop quiz and it takes its title from the Sex Pistols album Never Mind the Bollocks and the punk band The Buzzcocks.

I think it'd be great, but Phil Jupitus has made it quite clear on a number of occasions that he detests Mika.

Tbh, Phil Jupitus rarely gets a laugh out of me - Bill, Noel and Simon were always vastly more amusing.

If Phil left then I reckon Mika would be great on it, but if Phil's still there he'd just abuse him.

I usually have a pretty good sense of humour when it comes to Mika jokes, like Noel's Mr Kipling comment was funny, but the things Phil was coming out with weren't, they were just abusive. There's a difference between taking the mickey and being abusive. I think he got Mika confused with Dale Winton too. PFFT.

I agree, but yet again Mika is good at insulting people aswell.:roftl:

Not really, no... But I've always enjoyed Noel's participations to NevermindTB and will never forget the day Diana introduced me to the Goth Detectives :roftl:

It's one of my greatest achievements.

Sorry, the fuss was about what exactly?:blink:

I watched. I've now worked out that the show is like one we have here in Aus called Spicks and Specks. I think I prefer ours. But, I can't work out what people are upset about. Really, Mika was barely mentioned.

Or is it only Jazzy who was upset, cos she doesn't like that Phil fellow? I didn't care for him, but I've never been exposed to him before. Maybe familiarity breeds contempt. :dunno:

Sorry, the fuss was about what exactly?:blink:

I watched. I've now worked out that the show is like one we have here in Aus called Spicks and Specks. I think I prefer ours. But, I can't work out what people are upset about. Really, Mika was barely mentioned.

Or is it only Jazzy who was upset, cos she doesn't like that Phil fellow? I didn't care for him, but I've never been exposed to him before. Maybe familiarity breeds contempt. :dunno:

I found it annoying too, although I have to say, I would not have expected anything different from this show. I've been waiting for them to mention Mika for a couple of years now and I just knew that when they did, it would be in a snidey way :teehee:. He is Mika, after all, we all know what the deal is with Mika by now don't we (at least we do in the UK :sneaky2:).

I see Jazzy's point..Jupitus's demeanour when joking about Mika was not very nice; what I disliked most was when he asked Calvin Harris, "So you have met this Mika bloke have you?" (or words to that effect). His tone of voice made it sound like Mika was some freakish, mincing dog turd of an entity who either cannot possibly exist, or who should at least be treated with the utmost suspicion. :teehee:

I don't give a **** what Phil Jupitus thinks, really, because he is a bit of an idiot, but it does still get on my nerves a bit that people who have never met Mika assume he is a camp-voiced freakoid :naughty:. But I don't lose any sleepover it :biggrin2:.

I don't give a **** what Phil Jupitus thinks, really, because he is a bit of an idiot, but it does still get on my nerves a bit that people who have never met Mika assume he is a camp-voiced freakoid :naughty:. But I don't lose any sleepover it :biggrin2:.

This must be exactly the same reaction Mika has been experiencing since he was a teen...and I actually feel sorry for him...:tears:

I wish those idiots get ridiculed in a similar manner one day.. :boxing: