Vote for Mika in the Song Of the Decade poll

Petra

This was posted as a blog on MySpace by The Kooks and I searched for Mika as well and here we are:

Absolute Radio UK (previously Virgin Radio) are currently holding a poll to find the Song Of The Decade and MIKA has seven songs in the running...

As each of the following Mika singles achieved a top 75 chart position since 2000, you can vote for one, or all, at http://songofthedecade.com/ (just search 'Mika' to select the song/s you'd like to vote for.)

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

Grace Kelly

Happy Ending

Love Today

Lollipop

Relax Take It Easy

We Are Golden

The top 100 will be played on the Christian O'Connell breakfast show on 11th December and voting closes on 30th November. All other info can be found here: http://songofthedecade.com/about.html.

And vote for The Kooks as well, will you? :original:

(I searched the forum but couldn't find a similar thread. I apologise if this has already been posted.)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought...should we try to decide as a group which Mika song we are backing? That way he stands a better chance of one of his songs making it rather than dividing the votes...

That is a great idea Mikafish!

I like Relax, Take It Easy.

Grace Kelly spent 40 weeks on the charts.

It might stand the best chance??

But I will vote whatever the majority decides.

Edited by Kodes100

"According to the We Are Golden Songfacts, the song’s theme was inspired by Angela Carter’s 1967 novel The Magic Toyshop, which follows its heroine’s burgeoning sexuality as she lives with her tyrannical toy maker uncle."

LMFAO WTF? :lmfao:

Absolute Radio UK (previously Virgin Radio) are currently holding a poll to find the Song Of The Decade and MIKA has seven songs in the running...

As each of the following Mika singles achieved a top 75 chart position since 2000, you can vote for one, or all, at http://songofthedecade.com/ (just search 'Mika' to select the song/s you'd like to vote for.)

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

Grace Kelly

Happy Ending

Love Today

Lollipop

Relax Take It Easy

We Are Golden

Great find, thanks:thumb_yello:

At the same time, may I suggest that we all vote for 1 song otherwise the votes will disperse among the seven songs and Mika will not make it to the top.

So, I recommend we all vote for Grace Kelly - that is likely to have the highest position, anyway....

At the same time, may I suggest that we all vote for 1 song otherwise the votes will disperse among the seven songs and Mika will not make it to the top.

So, I recommend we all vote for Grace Kelly - that is likely to have the highest position, anyway....

I've already suggested that :wink2:

oops I didnt read the whole thread so have voted GK already lol , I figured it standed the best chance and cos it's message was great and it was soo different from anything else.