Hows 2009 been for you ?

FREDDIESDOUBLE

How has you year been?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How has you year been?

• The best year yet ! Amazing and everything Ive asked for
    • Nearly the best year ever , been amazing!
    • A great year ! in my top 3 for sure
    • Not bad , but for sure no disasters
    • Neither good nor bad , just average
    • Bad but nothing too tragic
    • A bad year but not in my top 3
    • In my top 3 worst years
    • Not my worst year but pretty close!
    • The worst year ever! lets hope 2010 is better

Ah I see, yes it would be a bad year for home-owners and stuff. My parents have had a rough year and I've had to listen to their arguements a lot...so that's why it hasn't been "the best" year, plus I want to quit my job but there are no jobs anywhere.

Event wise, this year has been a total hit. I've done and seen a fair amount and that's something I'm really proud of and happy about.

Yes agree .. and that is why Im trying to be mortgage free .. its like a huge weight around your neck :roftl:

I suppose things have to be taken in context .. these poor people dying in hospital and kids and stuff :boxed:

So yeh ... "bad" year as in emotionally very tiring

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes agree .. and that is why Im trying to be mortgage free .. its like a huge weight around your neck :roftl:

I suppose things have to be taken in context .. these poor people dying in hospital and kids and stuff :boxed:

So yeh ... "bad" year as in emotionally very tiring

I think when I first move out I might just get a flat, it sounds easier :roftl:

But maybe that's naive of me because it's probably not easier at all :aah:

I think when I first move out I might just get a flat, it sounds easier :roftl:

But maybe that's naive of me because it's probably not easier at all :aah:

Flat is a good call (I have a flat) .. yeh its tough .. BUT so rewarding , every thing I saved SO hard for and now is mine from a fork to a sofa to a picture .. means so much as its mine!

Flipping hard though at times :roftl:

I was ok finacially until Mika came along :naughty:

Flat is a good call (I have a flat) .. yeh its tough .. BUT so rewarding , every thing I saved SO hard for and now is mine from a fork to a sofa to a picture .. means so much as its mine!

Flipping hard though at times :roftl:

I was ok finacially until Mika came along :naughty:

That's it, Blame It On The Boy :roftl:

My sister got a flat in May with her boyfriend and it's nice, but it does look a tad small (I like things that are a bit more roomie) but I think it's like 6 or 700 pounds a month...which...isn't that the same amount you pay for a month with a mortgage? Or something?

Good bits of 2009:

I went on quite a lot of short trips with my amazing friends

I saw a lot of great gigs, including a lot of my favourite artists such as Stone Gods, The Answer, Heavens Basement, Mika, Paolo Nutini, AC/DC, Black Crowes and maaany more

I got my first car

I decided to go to university to study English next year, after wondering what to do with my life for many years

I spent a lot of time in England, home of my heart <3

I was on the guestlist for AC/DC :naughty:

Bad bits of 2009:

I lost my job (it's not too bad since I hated the job but I liked the money...)

I suffered a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad heartbreak. Possible the worst one I ever experienced.

I fell out with a good friend because he believed the lies someone told about me.

The good outweighs the bad, that's for sure :thumb_yello:

Good bits of 2009:

I went on quite a lot of short trips with my amazing friends

I saw a lot of great gigs, including a lot of my favourite artists such as Stone Gods, The Answer, Heavens Basement, Mika, Paolo Nutini, AC/DC, Black Crowes and maaany more

I got my first car

I decided to go to university to study English next year, after wondering what to do with my life for many years

I spent a lot of time in England, home of my heart <3

I was on the guestlist for AC/DC :naughty:

Bad bits of 2009:

I lost my job (it's not too bad since I hated the job but I liked the money...)

I suffered a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad heartbreak. Possible the worst one I ever experienced.

I fell out with a good friend because he believed the lies someone told about me.

The good outweighs the bad, that's for sure :thumb_yello:

Look to the positives! I believe everything happens for a reason. Heartbreak is horrible and I was going through a terrible one this time last year...I was so stressed I lost a stone in weight...but you know what? I'm happier without him plus you get to do all the things you want without extra baggage. And if your friend never believed you then what kind of friend are they anyway? Y'know?

LOOK TO THE FUTURE...:thumb_yello:

Look to the positives! I believe everything happens for a reason. Heartbreak is horrible and I was going through a terrible one this time last year...I was so stressed I lost a stone in weight...but you know what? I'm happier without him plus you get to do all the things you want without extra baggage. And if your friend never believed you then what kind of friend are they anyway? Y'know?

LOOK TO THE FUTURE...:thumb_yello:

Yeah true I am better off without that boy and without that ****ty friend in the end, but when it first happened it didn't feel like that of course, you only realise these things after a while...

And the boy who broke my heart got an STD from his new girlfriend... What goes around comes around :teehee:

Wow !! guestlist for AC/DC ! I think that would make my year :biggrin2:

It did! I've never been so proud in my life :aah:

Yeah true I am better off without that boy and without that ****ty friend in the end, but when it first happened it didn't feel like that of course, you only realise these things after a while...

And the boy who broke my heart got an STD from his new girlfriend... What goes around comes around :teehee:

I know this sounds horrible, but I love it when things go wrong for people who have once hurt you :aah:

I shouldn't laugh at that last bit should I .... nope .... definitely not

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I lurve Karma .... it's a great thing :naughty:

It did! I've never been so proud in my life :aah:

hahaha:naughty: i cant not laugh at that last part hahah ahhh man

My year has beeennnnn up, then doooooowwn, then up, then down, now its kinda steady

This year's had its ups and downs. But it was waaaay better than last year.

+ sides of this year are:

*I made it to the final year of uni, I travelled quite a lot & met Ina and Vedrana (from MFC), I was at some mind-blowing rock concerts, I realized what I truly love and wanna do in my life...this last means the most to me. It's taken me 24 years to realize it, and I know it aint gonna be easy, but I'm determined to make it.

- sides are:

*the fact that I've been sick a lot this year and the fact that I worry too much.

But what I really like about 2009 is that I learned a lot about myself. I want my life to go on like that but for 2010 I also wish to meet that someone special.

Oh and I just know 2010 is going to be perfect...I'm seeing Mika after two years.:mf_lustslow:

for me I have to say 2009 has been one of my absolute worst years (not THE worst year ever) but still it's been one hell of a b*tch for me!!!

started with me still trying to come to terms with the man I loved being gay & breaking my heart trying to get over my nervous breakdown that ensued after the heartbreak, worried sick about my auntie (who has cancer) just wondering how much longer til she dies

My grandad (my dad's dad) dies suddenly out of the blue may 25th & I ended up in a baffled state of mind because of that as I'd not seen him for about 11 years & before that I'd not seen him that many times either & he barely gave a d*mn about his own son (my dad) let alone me, so when he died it left me feeling weird 'cause I thought should I care he's died shouldn't I?

Am I a bad person for not crying should i feel guilty should I not? am i bad for only crying on the day of the funeral & not at all before or since?

then some nasty woman stabbed me in the back she was a deceitful b*tch to me, then my idol of 23 years whom I absolutely adore so much (Michael Jackson) dies June 25th & now i'm dazed & confused even more than ever before lost cold & lonely & have no one to turn to pretty much.

i cry almost every single day!!! :crybaby: i'm so devastated & stunned he's gone & gutted i never got to see him live yet my half sister who was a bit of a fan but has turned her back on him & is nasty about him saw him live on the dangerous tour!

My dad didn't buy me flip all for my birthday (not even a card) yet some stupid women he'd only "known" a few weeks (chatting to them online) when he met them (he met several of them) he spent hundreds of pounds on them & said one of them was like a daughter to him (i thought what am I then?? chopped liver???)

he's now crashed our car which we only had 3 & a half months & it's a write off which means I have to pay out a humongous fortune next year in train fares & for hotels when I go to the gigs/theatre shows i'm going to (which i could scarcely afford as it was i knew i could only just afford it when we had a car now I'm gonna have absolutely no money to myself for the next 4 months or so!)

and throughout the year I've been dealing with the agony of my disabilities (scoliosis/damaged spine & crushed ribs) and hypermobility & arthritis & i've been dealing with severe panic attacks anxiety & stress as well as insomnia

so all in all one hell of a sh*t year I will be so darned glad to see the fricken back of once & for all

I have absolutely HATED 2009 with an intense passion!!!!!!!:boxed::aah:

I know this sounds horrible, but I love it when things go wrong for people who have once hurt you :aah:

I agree wholeheartedly! I nearly wet myself laughing when I heard it! I was quite tempted to tell his new-new girlfriend this charming little fact (yes, he's a bit of a manwhore...) but then I decided I was classier than that and just continued laughing at him in private :aah:

for me I have to say 2009 has been one of my absolute worst years (not THE worst year ever) but still it's been one hell of a b*tch for me!!!

started with me still trying to come to terms with the man I loved being gay & breaking my heart trying to get over my nervous breakdown that ensued after the heartbreak, worried sick about my auntie (who has cancer) just wondering how much longer til she dies

My grandad (my dad's dad) dies suddenly out of the blue may 25th & I ended up in a baffled state of mind because of that as I'd not seen him for about 11 years & before that I'd not seen him that many times either & he barely gave a d*mn about his own son (my dad) let alone me, so when he died it left me feeling weird 'cause I thought should I care he's died shouldn't I?

Am I a bad person for not crying should i feel guilty should I not? am i bad for only crying on the day of the funeral & not at all before or since?

then some nasty woman stabbed me in the back she was a deceitful b*tch to me, then my idol of 23 years whom I absolutely adore so much (Michael Jackson) dies June 25th & now i'm dazed & confused even more than ever before lost cold & lonely & have no one to turn to pretty much.

i cry almost every single day!!! :crybaby: i'm so devastated & stunned he's gone & gutted i never got to see him live yet my half sister who was a bit of a fan but has turned her back on him & is nasty about him saw him live on the dangerous tour!

My dad didn't buy me flip all for my birthday (not even a card) yet some stupid women he'd only "known" a few weeks (chatting to them online) when he met them (he met several of them) he spent hundreds of pounds on them & said one of them was like a daughter to him (i thought what am I then?? chopped liver???)

he's now crashed our car which we only had 3 & a half months & it's a write off which means I have to pay out a humongous fortune next year in train fares & for hotels when I go to the gigs/theatre shows i'm going to (which i could scarcely afford as it was i knew i could only just afford it when we had a car now I'm gonna have absolutely no money to myself for the next 4 months or so!)

and throughout the year I've been dealing with the agony of my disabilities (scoliosis/damaged spine & crushed ribs) and hypermobility & arthritis & i've been dealing with severe panic attacks anxiety & stress as well as insomnia

so all in all one hell of a sh*t year I will be so darned glad to see the fricken back of once & for all

I have absolutely HATED 2009 with an intense passion!!!!!!!:boxed::aah:

:huglove::huglove::huglove::huglove::huglove::huglove:

Eeekkkkkkkkkk a late ish surge on bad year votes

It's

"A great year ! in my top 3 for sure " leading now.:wink2:

I voted for that, too. I never evaluate years like that and if it hadn't been for all the Mika gigs I attended this year, it would have been a pretty mediocre year for me.

However, I am voting on MFC, so there is no way I can leave that part out..:blush-anim-cl:

Yes. 2009 was most definitely a great year for me, amazing experiences and also meeting so many people I now call friends :thumb_yello:

this year has been the worst year out of my life, and i guess it will always be..on the other side, there were also great things i've achieved this year so i'm happy :biggrin2:

Ekkk Im sorry to hear that , but there could be worse years youngling .. life can be tough but karma .. it evens itself out :thumb_yello:

For me, "bad but nothing too tragic". I don't like 2009 and I can't wait to be in 2010... I had some good things (like seeing Mika twice :D) but some bad things too... Failed my driving license twice, which made me feel like crap. Got my heart broken. Got a huge fight with my parents (which didn't last long fortunately). I'm fed up with my studies. What's more, I'm in a period of doubts and I hate that!! So yeah, 2009 boooooo!

Who says being 20 is cool eh?? It's not.... :(

GOOD:

-Got into 6th form

-Seen Mika twice this year

-Discovered what I want to do when I get my A-levels

-Saw "the 39 steps" and loved every second

-Discovered I can do art

-Joined the MFC

BAD:

-Fractured my foot because a fat boy stood on it

-Bad health all year

-My best mates have moved far away (America, Australia and New Zealand)

-Most of my friends aren't in the 6th form with me