Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 5)

guylainem123

:naughty: you're right, we care because we are his fans, and the other people are not interested or don't like his music...

I'M so jealous to those who meets him on everyday basis! For example, the dancers from Rain and BIOTG! They can not only see him after a gig ( as many of you girls can), but they can see him working, creating, watch at his ideas coming into life!

I'm soooo envious.... With green green envy ....

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exactly!:thumb_yello:

Even my kids know that...:teehee:

I'm a safety driving maniac...but listening to Mika's music in the car gets me into trouble sometimes...:teehee:

If you take pay attention, in every vlog he's in a car he has never his seat belt fastened...:sneaky2:

Hey, Mrs. P.,:bye:, a good advice from mom to mom, a good smack once in a while would do the trick...:thumb_yello:

Right you are, Wonka, right you are. We should make a petition.:biggrin2:

:shocked: I haven't noticed to be honest, but it's true, very dangerous, you should tweet him

Tweet him?

That doesn't work with Da Mika...:no:

I should smack him...:sneaky2:

Right you are, Wonka, right you are. We should make a petition.:biggrin2:

No petitions, i'll just smack him...:mf_rosetinted:

I'm old enough to be his mother, guess he wouldn't smack me back....:biggrin2:

Oh, wait, he would if he knew what i do in this forum...:roftl:

Tweet him?

All I wanted to answer fits better to Mikagasmics and will bring me to the Naughty Corner.

Guest cliffpat
Tweet him?

hahaha! imagine if you ever met him and he asked you what you do on the forum. hahaha "i do not photoshop photos of you! i am a positive influence on every young fan on the boards and i have never once been in trouble."

hahaha! imagine if you ever met him and he asked you what you do on the forum. hahaha "i do not photoshop photos of you! i am a positive influence on every young fan on the boards and i have never once been in trouble."

poor Mika, Wonka is gonna punish him in Madrid :naughty:

I always watched the vlogs and thought to myself: look so many people meet Mika in they everyday life. The photografer's crew, hairdoers, technical workers, and so on and so on. And they don't give a damn. They don't care that they talk to him, can look at him. And me, who sits there and craves for just a glance, got no slightest chance.

So cruel is life. Sometimes I think I would agree to clean the Mika's studio for the period of his work there :( because he hardly needs an interpreter from Russsian.

Mika, do you need to translate something? :)

I think you're partially right - I'm sure there are people he comes in contact with who don't care in the slightest who he is because he's not any sort of important celebrity in their eyes; he's not Madonna, for example. :teehee:

And then for others, there are probably lots of people who do care and are really happy to work with/for him, but realize that at the end of the day he's just another person and deserves to be treated just like any other person. If they started fixating on the "OMG it's really Mika" aspect, they'd never be able to get their work done. :roftl:

Last summer I was on a committee that organized afterparties for a local music festival. Halfway through a party I ended up right next to Steve Page, from Canadian band Barenaked Ladies (they're a huge band over here). Inside I was like "OMG OMG OMG!" but on the outside I had to act like he was just another guy. :roftl:

I think you're partially right - I'm sure there are people he comes in contact with who don't care in the slightest who he is because he's not any sort of important celebrity in their eyes; he's not Madonna, for example. :teehee:

And then for others, there are probably lots of people who do care and are really happy to work with/for him, but realize that at the end of the day he's just another person and deserves to be treated just like any other person. If they started fixating on the "OMG it's really Mika" aspect, they'd never be able to get their work done. :roftl:

Last summer I was on a committee that organized afterparties for a local music festival. Halfway through a party I ended up right next to Steve Page, from Canadian band Barenaked Ladies (they're a huge band over here). Inside I was like "OMG OMG OMG!" but on the outside I had to act like he was just another guy. :roftl:

I know where you're coming from.

When I was in living in Manchester for 6 months, I worked in a hotel in the evenings, and met quite a few famous people, but we weren't allowed to gush over them, had to treat them like all the other guests.

So cruel is life. Sometimes I think I would agree to clean the Mika's studio for the period of his work there :( because he hardly needs an interpreter from Russsian.

I think most people working for him are selected solely on a professional basis. In fact, showing any sign of 'fan behaviour' means an automatic termination of employment in that environment.

Once I had a chat with the person who has been running the official Queen Fanclub in the last 25+ years or so... She said that the job she applied for was advertised differently and she had 2 blokes interviewing him. They asked him about her musical taste and she mentioned Rod Stewart but that was all the music related thing they asked. She said that one of them looked familiar but simply couldn't figure out from where. :dunno:

Only when she got the job did she realise that one of them was the manager of the band and the other one was Roger Taylor...:teehee:

I always watched the vlogs and thought to myself: look so many people meet Mika in they everyday life. The photografer's crew, hairdoers, technical workers, and so on and so on. And they don't give a damn. They don't care that they talk to him, can look at him. And me, who sits there and craves for just a glance, got no slightest chance.

Sorry to interfere with your guys' conversation but I feel like saying something about this. :teehee:

Some know, some don't, that my greatest dream is to become a filmmaker. I have discovered this passion of mine accidentally and moreover it makes me feel so good and I feel this fire burning inside me when I get a new idea for a scenario or when I get a frame right and so on. Tomorrow I'm going to film a short movie for a national festival I'm going to take part in. It's not much, it's just a 7 minute movie, but I'm putting all my heart in it, because being a 17 year old, I have do it all on my own: script, think about the characters and how should they be like, the access to the sets, camera, light, weather, editing of the movie, soundtrack and so on. I just love doing this and for non-passionates about this, these things seem to be a lot to think of, but for me everything comes naturally.

One of the persons who indirectly helped me figure out that I want to do this IS Mika. It was in 2007 when I got his album and I usually have a little bit of a ritual of my own when getting to listen to new music :naughty: : I put it on my ipod and before falling asleep I listen to the music with the lights out because that's how I can understand the lyrics beter without having anything else distracting me. With Life in cartoon motion happened the same, only that it was impossible to listen to it without imagining short vidoes for EACH song. this is just because his music clearly has a very powerful visual refference and you can...hear that. I didn't become a fan immediately, because I didn't understand what just happened to me. It was the next year, in 2008 that I got fully hooked by his creation, when trying to get away from the cruel reality I was facing back then.

Realising what was happening inside my head, thinking of all the times I'd play with Windows Movie Maker making movies with my dog and my family and all the joy movies brought me, I realised that this is what I want to do: movies of my own.

Among this movies, I'd just love to get to make one of Mika's videos, in order to use my knowledge collected over the years regarding him and and his creation. In order to do that, I'm gonna have to lose my enthusiasm for him a little so I wouldn't act like: :freak: on sets. There's still a long time to go until that possible moment, but in order to shake off a bit of this teenage fangurl attitude I have to start growing up a bit in this way. I'd like to get to work with him, to see him as the artist he is, (yeah I know that's what I do everyday) but when he;s not surrounded by histerical fans and he can only focus on that one thing he has to do: his job.

He is just a man after all and he has been lucky enough to make his mark as an artist and we're even luckier to be able to see him for the artist he is. For now, I want to enjoy this period of my life because it makes me happy, but at one point, I know I'll have to see it from a different perspective. :)

Edited by B!anka

I have the same feeling :shocked:... and it's happened to me with Mika himself. I was in front of him for autograph and I've told I was Brazilian. He looked at me surprised. He asked me a question and I began answering, worried about my english grammar but, suddenly, I remembered "This guy is Mika, this guy is the singer Mika that I only know by internet":wub2:. After this I've stammered instead of talking. I got very mad with myself :sneaky2:!

watch out for @heatworld tweets tonight - they go to the 'popstar to opera star' show every week and constantly talk about the contestants throughout the show, so they'll probably report something about mika tonight :aah:

I think you're partially right - I'm sure there are people he comes in contact with who don't care in the slightest who he is because he's not any sort of important celebrity in their eyes; he's not Madonna, for example.

And then for others, there are probably lots of people who do care and are really happy to work with/for him, but realize that at the end of the day he's just another person and deserves to be treated just like any other person. If they started fixating on the "OMG it's really Mika" aspect, they'd never be able to get their work done.

Last summer I was on a committee that organized afterparties for a local music festival. Halfway through a party I ended up right next to Steve Page, from Canadian band Barenaked Ladies (they're a huge band over here). Inside I was like "OMG OMG OMG!" but on the outside I had to act like he was just another guy.

Yes, I understand - if all the MFC started to work for Mika (from cleaners to admins and dancers) it would be... don't know, it's hard to imagine :naughty:

But still my dream is like that: Mika visits Ukraine, and I'm his personal interpreter. Well, if he wants to go shopping and visit our places where hand-made pieces of art are bought, he will need one, because the knowledge of English is not very widespread in my country. And it is good to have a loyal fan near, who will do his (my) best and knows the city.

Well, it is just crazy dreams.

I think most people working for him are selected solely on a professional basis. In fact, showing any sign of 'fan behaviour' means an automatic termination of employment in that environment.

Once I had a chat with the person who has been running the official Queen Fanclub in the last 25+ years or so... She said that the job she applied for was advertised differently and she had 2 blokes interviewing him. They asked him about her musical taste and she mentioned Rod Stewart but that was all the music related thing they asked. She said that one of them looked familiar but simply couldn't figure out from where. :dunno:

Only when she got the job did she realise that one of them was the manager of the band and the other one was Roger Taylor...

Wow! BTW, so bad that in my 14-19 years I had no Internet and had to re-write the info about Queen manually, and make bad photocopies of every little Queen pic.

Sorry to interfere with your guys' conversation but I feel like saying something about this.

Some know, some don't, that my greatest dream is to become a filmmaker. I have discovered this passion of mine accidentally and moreover it makes me feel so good and I feel this fire burning inside me when I get a new idea for a scenario or when I get a frame right and so on. Tomorrow I'm going to film a short movie for a national festival I'm going to take part in. It's not much, it's just a 7 minute movie, but I'm putting all my heart in it, because being a 17 year old, I have do it all on my own: script, think about the characters and how should they be like, the access to the sets, camera, light, weather, editing of the movie, soundtrack and so on. I just love doing this and for non-passionates about this, these things seem to be a lot to think of, but for me everything comes naturally.

One of the persons who indirectly helped me figure out that I want to do this IS Mika. It was in 2007 when I got his album and I usually have a little bit of a ritual of my own when getting to listen to new music :naughty: : I put it on my ipod and before falling asleep I listen to the music with the lights out because that's how I can understand the lyrics beter without having anything else distracting me. With Life in cartoon motion happened the same, only that it was impossible to listen to it without imagining short vidoes for EACH song. this is just because his music clearly has a very powerful visual refference and you can...hear that. I didn't become a fan immediately, because I didn't understand what just happened to me. It was the next year, in 2008 that I got fully hooked by his creation, when trying to get away from the cruel reality I was facing back then.

Realising what was happening inside my head, thinking of all the times I'd play with Windows Movie Maker making movies with my dog and my family and all the joy movies brought me, I realised that this is what I want to do: movies of my own.

Among this movies, I'd just love to get to make one of Mika's videos, in order to use my knowledge collected over the years regarding him and and his creation. In order to do that, I'm gonna have to lose my enthusiasm for him a little so I wouldn't act like: :freak: on sets. There's still a long time to go until that possible moment, but in order to shake off a bit of this teenage fangurl attitude I have to start growing up a bit in this way. I'd like to get to work with him, to see him as the artist he is, (yeah I know that's what I do everyday) but when he;s not surrounded by histerical fans and he can only focus on that one thing he has to do: his job.

He is just a man after all and he has been lucky enough to make his mark as an artist and we're even luckier to be able to see him for the artist he is. For now, I want to enjoy this period of my life because it makes me happy, but at one point, I know I'll have to see it from a different perspective. :)

B!anka, your story is amazing, and I respect you SO much!!! I wish you luck! Don't forget about me, I can assist you!

I have the same feeling :shocked:... and it's happened to me with Mika himself. I was in front of him for autograph and I've told I was Brazilian. He looked at me surprised. He asked me a question and I began answering, worried about my english grammar but, suddenly, I remembered "This guy is Mika, this guy is the singer Mika that I only know by internet":wub2:. After this I've stammered instead of talking. I got very mad with myself :sneaky2:!

He, I imagined so many times what I will say if I will see him! But who knows what the reality will be? I hope I will...some day one day...:aah:

B!anka, your story is amazing, and I respect you SO much!!! I wish you luck! Don't forget about me, I can assist you!

Want to add to make it clear: my dream is to be Mika's friend, but be connected by the teamwork.

Thank you! :blush-anim-cl:

No I won't...actually...I think I have to get started making a list with people that already told me not to forget about them when getting to do this...:teehee: i don't want to let down any of my friends.

and I can totally relate to YOUR dream too! :thumb_yello:

Thank you! :blush-anim-cl:

No I won't...actually...I think I have to get started making a list with people that already told me not to forget about them when getting to do this...:teehee: i don't want to let down any of my friends.

and I can totally relate to YOUR dream too! :thumb_yello:

if there's anything I could do to help, I would love to, I'm very interested in all that involves movies, count with me too :biggrin2:

if there's anything I could do to help, I would love to, I'm very interested in all that involves movies, count with me too :biggrin2:

Sadly, my current job hardly will help, cos I write articles concerning Bluetooth Stereo (unless Mika is interested in A2DP headsets) :boxed:

I should learn another activity.