Mika @ Sacrée Soirée 16-12-2009 on TF1

Droopsy

:fangurl:i'm totally in love of Mika singing those french songs...so i made another mp3(with good sound quality) from your awesome video,only with his performance part!:wub2:

2009.12.16-MIKA Sacrée soirée (singing french songs).mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/?mlnyonh4mkh

@judeline ,thank you for the translation!:thumb_yello::huglove:

@mellody,thank you for the youtube links!:huglove:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9cG0WDMcic

Part 2, part 2 becomes part 1

:wub2::wub2:THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

EDIT:

Rain - Mika (La Chanson de l'année)

Thank you everybody! you girls rrrock!

This gotta be currently my fav clip(s). I loved his reactions, it only shows how humble he is: he feels like a poor little boy (no matter how tall he is) in front of the big Charles Aznavour.

Really amazing!

• 1 month later...
Yeah :thumb_yello: , I actually meant the whole part including him singing.. it's not available anymore.

Yeah, such a shame, I wanted to show it to my brother a few days ago, as he's a fan of Charles Aznavour, but the performance is not available... But he liked the way Mika reacted when he saw Aznavour :aah:

• 6 months later...
:wub2:this is my favourite french show from 2009!thank you so much,Eriko,for editing all these videos!

thumb-201x113.jpg

2009.12.16 - Sacrée Soirée TF1 - Mika [21:16 min]

http://www.zoopy.com/video/4yax/2009-12-16-sacree-soiree-tf1-mika

download

http://www.mediafire.com/?f51j7oj4qj6ext9

Those French TV shows give me goosebumps since my childhood... French do know how to make interesting TV.

And Mika's reaction is priceless:teehee:

:wub2:this is my favourite french show from 2009!thank you so much,Eriko,for editing all these videos!

thumb-201x113.jpg

2009.12.16 - Sacrée Soirée TF1 - Mika [21:16 min]

http://www.zoopy.com/video/4yax/2009-12-16-sacree-soiree-tf1-mika

download

http://www.mediafire.com/?f51j7oj4qj6ext9

:huglove:

I dont think its been translated before:teehee:

*gives it a try*:mf_rosetinted:

Host: He lived a long time here, in France. But since, he travels the world with his music. It's the first time he comes to Sacré Soirée. Its an international pop phenomenon. Here is, MIKA!

Titles: Tonight.An international Artist. At only 26. 3 diamonds discs. 34 times platinum. 19 million records sold accross the world. MIKA

*Mika sings Rain*

Hist: MIKA! and Rain, from your latest record, The Boy Who Knew Too Much. The second album in your career already. Nice performance!

Mika: thank you...

Host: This record is 2 times platinum, with 250 000 copies sold.

Someone screams: I LOVE YOU!

Host: oh there, "i love you..."

Mika: *giggles*

Host: Should we talk a little bit about you, do you mind?

Mika: about me?

Host: yeah.

Mika: okay...

Host: you were born in...

Mika: Beirut... i cant talk...

Host: yes, catch your breath a little bit.. it was a great performance, but the umbrella was heavy...

Mika: *laughs*

Host: you were born in Beirut, you didnt stay very long..

Mika: no, its the shoes...they were heavy...

Host: theyre amazing...

*Mika shows off his shoes* :naughty:

Mika: i went on stage and someone said:"its clear hes not superstitious... its all glass... but im completely superstitious! i didnt know that glass was misfortune!

Host: thats not true...

Mika: well, apparently yes...

Host: Thats a false superstition...

Mika: i was born in Beirut...

Host: so you were born in Beirut, but with a French culture..Because you speak amazingly well French and those that made you want to sing are, mostly, French artists...

Mika: Yes, cause i grew up in Paris. When i was one year old, we moved because of the war. So i grew up here. So i used to listen to French songs, French pop. And Shabba Ranks... at the same time!

Host: so, if i asked you to sing a few French songs that made you want to have this career... After you've caught your breath.

*mika starts playing and stops after a few notes*

Mika: so, i was born in 1983, so when i was in Paris during...

*audience laugh and claps*

Mika: whats funny??

Host: No! its normal, thats what we call an intro...

Mika: yes!! im doing the intro!!

Host: so, you were born in 1983.

Mika: and during the 1980s i was young and i was obsessed with this song.

*sings "Un beau roman" from Michel Fugain *

Host: Michel Fugain! Another one Mika!

Mika: ok, i had 2 Gods in the French music.. well there was 3.. of course there was Piaf. But for me, the most important were Aznavour and Barbara. I was a kid, but still today, i'm obsessed with both. And Barabara obsessed me all the time when i was young. And even when i was young, i used to sing that song. And its quite sad, but i didnt think it was.

*sings "La Solitude" from Barbara*

Mika: its La Solitude of course...

Host: Gorgeous...

Mika: i loved it alot.

Host: Gorgeous, and you sing it like Barbara. Another one?

Mika: I also loved... I told you earlier, when we met, that i remember when you talked to Serge Gainsbourg. He had his cigarette in his hand and he was talking to you. I was fascinated by this man. But when i was younger, Gainsbourg didnt hit me as much as all those France Gall songs.

*sings "Laisse tomber les filles" by France Gall (but written by Serge Gainsbourg)*

Host: ok, last one!! another one!

Mika: It's almost a sacrilege to sing this song on French television, but i dont care because i love it alot.

*sings "La bohème" from Charles Aznavour

Host: thank you...

Mika: thanks to you, it was fun!

Host: lets continue the show...

*break*

Edited by LilStar

*Now on the couch*

Host: there was alot more songs, we had to choose some. Mika, ive got an amazing gift. It's a tradition on this show, its a surprise...

Mika: im a bit scared now!

Host: no no, no reason to be scared. He..

Mika: if its my piano teacher i'm gonna cry!!!

Host: No, he made you want to do this career. Really... He came just for you. He came back from Los Angeles a few hours ago. Here is Charles Aznavour.

Mika: FU-------

*Charles Aznavour comes in*

Host: Tell me, when i said Charles name, you screamed...

Mika: *laughs*

Host: what does it mean Mika please?

Mika: I cant even begin to... *giggles* it means... it means stories, it means songs that tell stories, it means characters that last forever, it means my childhood, and im still obsessed with your songs. Its totally crazy to be here!

Host:Do you know Mika, Charles?

Aznavour: yes and no.

Mika: its okay!!

Aznavour: wait, ill tell you why, yes and no. I'm very curious about everything thats happening here and in the world. And im very interested in the young people that we meet, or even just on tv or radio. So, in that way, i know him. But personnaly, ive never met him.

Host: did you think that one day you'd be able to meet...

Mika: no never! Because, last time i saw you, it was at the Palais des Congrès, and you sang during 3 hours. And i was coming from London to see the show, and i stayed till the end, and i went to the stage door, but i didnt see you *giggles*

Aznavour: When im done singing, i go quickly home! I dont go out at night, i go home!

Mika: yeah...

Host: so, we have to stop, maybe you'll be able to chat more backstage. Charles still have a wonderful gift for you. One question though, you were in LA for an Armenian event, so i ask you about Johnny, like i did with Jean Reno...

(Johnny Hallyday is a French singer that was hospitalized in LA during the shooting of this interview)

Aznavour: He's in good hands, he got some colors back, hes awake. He told his wife, when he woke up, lets go now!

Host: lets go now!

*audience applaudes*

Aznavour: thats really him!

Host: and, something very important, the Chief nurse...

Aznavour: oh yeah, i got there, and the Chief nurse talked to me in Armenian! So i said, we're always where we're needed!

Host: and so he's saved! Thank you Charles! Mika, your favorite song. It's a new version that will be recorded by one of the greatest jazz band in the Capitol Studio in LA. For you tonight, he sings, La Bohème.

*Aznavour sings La Bohème"

Host: Charles Aznavour, for Mika. Many things for Charles... *explains the DVD* And Mika on tour here starting on April 23rd. In Parix, Bercy on the 26th, and the Boy Who Knew Too Much is on sale. Thank you SO much both of you!

Edited by LilStar