BBC Review of "Rain"

CazGirl

I completley relate to what you are saying.

I enjoyed your "rant!":thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

That is why I ran into trouble with my first "comment" that they refused to publish.:roftl::roftl:

"This guy" - I refuse to keep repeating his name - took more delight in insulting Mika than professionallly reviewing Rain.

Go Figure!!

It was your comment that got removed!

I saw that, and wondered who it might be.

Thank you, for enjoying my rant.:thumb_yello: It's just I get so sick of seeing all these "reviewers" using it as a chance to tear into him personally, and it's totally unprofessional, imo.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received a stern warning from The Chat Blog BBC

for the comment they deleted. :roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

I had truly forgotten what "word" I used that could be so offensive.

Want to know what is was ........I used the word "crappy" for describing Fraser's humour.

I am a little surprised.:shocked::shocked:

I guess I was too aggressive & not passive aggressive enough.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Want to know what is was ........I used the word "crappy" for describing Fraser's humour.

I guess I was too aggressive & not passive aggressive enough.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

LMAO OMG :lmfao::lmfao:

In the words of a certain comedy icon, I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!:shocked:

THAT'S what they found offensive?:blink:

Good job I didn't let loose then!

What a load of nonsense!

In the words of a certain comedy icon, I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!:shocked:

THAT'S what they found offensive?:blink:

Good job I didn't let loose then!

What a load of nonsense!

maybe we shoulda just given them a youtube video to watch...i.e. Mika's Grace Kelly :teehee:

I wrote this:

I strongly disagree with what you have written!

You people complain about how his songs are "over the top" but then complain that they are too "badly written" and "like Love Today with the flu".

I could write a far more honest review and this article disgusts me. Nice use of casually dropping in Lady Gaga's name when this is not about her! (Or had you not noticed?)

You are wrong on so many levels to criticise Mika on a song review. Looks like you can't do your job properly and honestly! You shouldn't write your personal opinions of Mika on a song review.

I would have thought the BBC could hire more honest writers and you have ruined the BBC's reputation.

I wrote this:

You people complain about how his songs are "over the top" but then complain that they are too "badly written" and "like Love Today with the flu".

I could write a far more honest review and this article disgusts me. Nice use of casually dropping in Lady Gaga's name when this is not about her! (Or had you not noticed?)

You are wrong on so many levels to criticise Mika on a song review. Looks like you can't do your job properly and honestly! You shouldn't write your personal opinions of Mika on a song review.

I would have thought the BBC could hire more honest writers and you have ruined the BBC's reputation.

Ooooohh cuss!!

I wrote this:

I love that!!!:thumb_yello:

Beautifully put:wink2:

Have just posted my comment: :sneaky2:

I agree with Allie here. Have you actually listened to the song??? It's reviews like this that send out the bad messages about artists, turning members of the public against a certain someone before they've even taken the time to listen to the actual song, let alone the album!

Mika is a true artist of our time, his lyrics tell almost gothic tales whereas his music is happy and light hearted. How many singers do you know who have the true ability to write a song which deals with both of those aspects? Not very many I say.

This song is pure genuis, written by a pure songwriter. And those of you can't see this really need to take the time to listen to his other songs. I recommend some from his new album such as 'I See You' and 'Pick Up Off The Floor' You'll hear a totally different artist from the one you've had planted in your mind, one with no evidence backing up this so called grudge.

Cheers!

Go on that link and read that McAlpine dude's comment!

I find that insulting.

:blink: COuld this guy be more annoying..?

I posted my comment:

Excuse me...is this a review of song "Rain" or an rant/insult on Mika?

I don't know where I have been when these two got mixed up. I understand if you just don't like the song but why attack the artist that wrote it? Is this really what reviews are about?

I don't understand why did you compared Lady Gaga to Mika. Lady Gaga said herself she was influenced by Mika. Comparing any two artists is a mistake itself. Every artist is unique in their way.

As many that commented here said, since Mika, more artists show their talent and include LYRICS in a song. Not repeating the same lines all over again.

Have you even LISTENED to the song? Have you listened to the lyrics? Well, if you did you should know it isn't " basically 'Love Today' with the 'flu, discoey, campish, nearly flamboyant, wan-tastic" I dont think so...

It is dark, almost gothic, yet it has a beat that makes you wanna dance and sing the song. How many artists can do that these days?

I don't know if this rant should be called "Mika-Rain" it sounds to me more like: "Let's insult Mika"

And the author should open their mind.

:blink: COuld this guy be more annoying..?

I posted my comment:

Excuse me...is this a review of song "Rain" or an rant/insult on Mika?

I don't know where I have been when these two got mixed up. I understand if you just don't like the song but why attack the artist that wrote it? Is this really what reviews are about?

I don't understand why did you compared Lady Gaga to Mika. Lady Gaga said herself she was influenced by Mika. Comparing any two artists is a mistake itself. Every artist is unique in their way.

As many that commented here said, since Mika, more artists show their talent and include LYRICS in a song. Not repeating the same lines all over again.

Have you even LISTENED to the song? Have you listened to the lyrics? Well, if you did you should know it isn't " basically 'Love Today' with the 'flu, discoey, campish, nearly flamboyant, wan-tastic" I dont think so...

It is dark, almost gothic, yet it has a beat that makes you wanna dance and sing the song. How many artists can do that these days?

I don't know if this rant should be called "Mika-Rain" it sounds to me more like: "Let's insult Mika"

And the author should open their mind.

As I said earlier I too dislike this review, but what you said about repeating the same lines all over again...Isn't that exactely what Mika does in Rain...?:blink:

Archived