TBWKTM review-Wales

camille*

I've just randomly found this on google news, thought I'd post it as it is veeery nice to see such things after the bbc and some other horrible reviews.

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/southwalesnews/CD-review-Mika-8212-Boy-Knew/article-1560902-detail/article.html

"IT'S almost three years since Mika first reached number one with Grace Kelly, and his songs are now as polished as they've ever been.

For a period over the past decade "pop" has been a dirty word.

But following on from the unique style of the Scissor Sisters, Mika has made his mark on the UK music scene with his brand of unashamed, fun pop music.

This, his second album, won't come as a shock to fans — his signature stamp is all over it. But that's not bad thing. It's extremely refreshing to hear a pop artist who dares to do something different.

While you have countless reality TV artists producing synthesised music, Mika is out there and doing something different.

We Are Golden opens the album, probably being the most famous track of the lot. I See You, Blue Eyes and By The Time give the record a nice contrast with a nice subtlety.

It appears he can do a range of styles.

But Good Gone Girl is upbeat and the kind of thing we've come to expect from Mika.

From the album's artwork to the instrumentals on some of the songs, there is a childlike quality to the feel of The Boy Who Knew Too Much.

Overall, this isn't anything startlingly new for Mika, but it certainly is something new for UK music.

Definitely a good buy for anyone who wants something a little different that's also a great deal of fun."

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for posting this review camille*:thumb_yello:

Now that review is not only good but it makes sense.:thumb_yello:

It is nice that this writer critiqued the music not her love

or hate for the Mika, the creator of the music, as in a few of the articles lately.

Being a Mika fan of coruse I love it.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I've just randomly found this on google news, thought I'd post it as it is veeery nice to see such things after the bbc and some other horrible reviews.

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/southwalesnews/CD-review-Mika-8212-Boy-Knew/article-1560902-detail/article.html

"IT'S almost three years since Mika first reached number one with Grace Kelly, and his songs are now as polished as they've ever been.

For a period over the past decade "pop" has been a dirty word.

But following on from the unique style of the Scissor Sisters, Mika has made his mark on the UK music scene with his brand of unashamed, fun pop music.

This, his second album, won't come as a shock to fans — his signature stamp is all over it. But that's not bad thing. It's extremely refreshing to hear a pop artist who dares to do something different.

While you have countless reality TV artists producing synthesised music, Mika is out there and doing something different.

We Are Golden opens the album, probably being the most famous track of the lot. I See You, Blue Eyes and By The Time give the record a nice contrast with a nice subtlety.

It appears he can do a range of styles.

But Good Gone Girl is upbeat and the kind of thing we've come to expect from Mika.

From the album's artwork to the instrumentals on some of the songs, there is a childlike quality to the feel of The Boy Who Knew Too Much.

Overall, this isn't anything startlingly new for Mika, but it certainly is something new for UK music.

Definitely a good buy for anyone who wants something a little different that's also a great deal of fun."

Polished! I couldn't agree more! :thumb_yello:

Archived