2009: Mika Italian video interview @ Rai Music Nov 2009

mari62

thanx for that, it's an interesting interview! :thumb_yello:

i'm confused by that march 26th thing though. ok it looks in fact like they cancelled leipzig... but he said in this interview that they're doing ONE show in italy - so maybe that means that the milan show is rescheduled? :blink:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought that's what he said at first, but once he started talking about doing something else I began thinking that's not what he means. It sounds like he's saying he wants to take a break from what he's doing by writing and producing an album for another artist in order to energize himself to write his own (third) album.

I was trying to figure that out. At first I thought he meant he intends to foster a new flavour for his third album by working with another artist to write and produce the whole thing, but I think you're right - that he's talking about writing and producing FOR someone else.

But then again, he was saying in some other interview that the idea of waiting two years between albums was too long, and he likes the idea of releasing more new material in the interim. :dunno:

But it's Mika, who knows which zany ideas will actually come to fruition. :aah:

And what's up with this "we" stuff? "We're like slaves to what we do. We're like a travelling circus. If we don't go on the road, our career dies." Is he referring to himself + the band? Himself + his family? Himself + all of today's other pop musicans? :freak:

I was trying to figure that out. At first I thought he meant he intends to foster a new flavour for his third album by working with another artist to write and produce the whole thing, but I think you're right - that he's talking about writing and producing FOR someone else.

But then again, he was saying in some other interview that the idea of waiting two years between albums was too long, and he likes the idea of releasing more new material in the interim. :dunno:

But it's Mika, who knows which zany ideas will actually come to fruition. :aah:

And what's up with this "we" stuff? "We're like slaves to what we do. We're like a travelling circus. If we don't go on the road, our career dies." Is he referring to himself + the band? Himself + his family? Himself + all of today's other pop musicans? :freak:

Maybe he mean's himself and One foot Boy? :roftl: I dunno.

thanx for that, it's an interesting interview! :thumb_yello:

i'm confused by that march 26th thing though. ok it looks in fact like they cancelled leipzig... but he said in this interview that they're doing ONE show in italy - so maybe that means that the milan show is rescheduled? :blink:

I think he got confused..... oh well hopefully.. we don't know about any changes

Good for Mika if he does something unexpected. The whole business is SO formulaic these days. In the main, gone are the days when artists were free to do something that doesn't fit in to what is considered "the norm".

Now, you record the album, you film videos to go with potential singles, you release the first single, a month or so later you release the album, you do shedloads of promo, you release the second single, you tour the world for about 18 months, sticking to pretty much the same setlist and show, and then you start all over again. And because you have to tour so extensively, it's a long time between albums.

Mika's already shown that he likes to do things a bit differently, but releasing Songs For Sorrow, doing the acoustic shows, playing all sorts of different venues, teaming up with the Kings Singers, doing a variety of different and unusual songs on TV shows.

Long may he continue doing the unexpected, it's what I love about him! :woot_jump:

Can I suggest that he meant he would do something in French? I've recently read a few articles in French magazines in which the journalist asked "are you going to do an album in French" and he answered that it might happen but he needed somebody to write with. Also, on the Radio Contact interview he confirmed he will do a French song, and when asked if he was already working on it, although he didn't say yes, he definitely meant it.

But of course I'm thinking about it because I'm looking for every hint when he talks about something French :biggrin2:

I also think it could mean working for another artist.

Can I suggest that he meant he would do something in French? I've recently read a few articles in French magazines in which the journalist asked "are you going to do an album in French" and he answered that it might happen but he needed somebody to write with. Also, on the Radio Contact interview he confirmed he will do a French song, and when asked if he was already working on it, although he didn't say yes, he definitely meant it.

But of course I'm thinking about it because I'm looking for every hint when he talks about something French :biggrin2:

I also think it could mean working for another artist.

Now I really need to learn French :roftl:

Loved the interview, thanks for posting :flowers2:

really? what interview was that, i surely haven't heard/seen that, would've noticed, as i fully agree that 2 years are too long! :roftl: nah, the time he took was definitely worth it. :wub2: but if he says it himself that it was too long, i really don't mind if he releases more stuff in between. :angel_not:

i noticed that too, it's not the first time he says "we" in this context, i remember that from another interview as well (don't remember which one it was though). guess he means his whole stage entourage, band, crew, etc. - all those people who left after the last gig in beirut, which meant he suddenly felt alone (he said that in one of the australian interviews), so i suppose he sees himself connected to them and thus says "we". and well, now that's real team spirit, if he says "our" career dies, haha! :roftl:

I think he got confused..... oh well hopefully.. we don't know about any changes

well, leipzig IS cancelled for sure, so he'd have time. :teehee:

I think he was speaking on behalf of all artists (especially in the bolded part).

I think he was speaking on behalf of all artists (especially in the bolded part).

yes, I agree... But when he is talking about the travelling circus using 'we', I think he mainly means his family / members of the family who are always around him..

yes, I agree... But when he is talking about the travelling circus using 'we', I think he mainly means his family / members of the family who are always around him..

He probably was referring to both.

Mika, speak for yourself :shun::naughty:

Thanks for posting, Mari and allegra! :thumb_yello:

really? what interview was that, i surely haven't heard/seen that, would've noticed, as i fully agree that 2 years are too long! :roftl: nah, the time he took was definitely worth it. :wub2: but if he says it himself that it was too long, i really don't mind if he releases more stuff in between. :angel_not:

Guess that would be this one http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=de-DE&vid=cb917697-39bd-408e-be29-1797df4a98ef :wink2:

Thanks for posting, Mari and allegra! :thumb_yello:

Guess that would be this one http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=de-DE&vid=cb917697-39bd-408e-be29-1797df4a98ef :wink2:

ok i HAVE seen it. :doh: probably forgot this detail cause it's an 18-minutes-interview, too much information to take in at once, LOL! :roftl: *watches again*

thanx. :thumb_yello:

Archived