Mika's Baden-Baden concert in the German media

mellody

I've finished watching the show 20 minutes before.

You gyus were amazing. Great atmosphere, Mika was so energetic

and in good mood despite his pains after the American tour.

And MFC performance during Lolipop was so spontaneous.

As I saw it already live online, it seems they've missed SITM and Happy Ending, am I right? Maybe GK? Can someone help? :wink2:

haven't watched it yet, wasn't at home so i recorded. i don't know which songs they showed, but he played the full set like on the US tour, except for toy boy. i think the whole gig was about 80 minutes, and as that tv thing was only 60 mins plus interview, i guess they cut out quite a lot of the gig.

btw, here are 15 minutes of the show (interview+gig), for those who couldn't watch it on tv: http://www.arte.tv/de/Videos-auf-ARTE-TV/2151166,CmC=3032908.html :wink2:

about the "spontaneous" mfc performance during lollipop, don't know if you could see that in the video, but he motioned us to come on stage, it wasn't like we spontaneously decided to do that! :lmfao:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haven't watched it yet, wasn't at home so i recorded. i don't know which songs they showed, but he played the full set like on the US tour, except for toy boy. i think the whole gig was about 80 minutes, and as that tv thing was only 60 mins plus interview, i guess they cut out quite a lot of the gig.

btw, here are 15 minutes of the show (interview+gig), for those who couldn't watch it on tv: http://www.arte.tv/de/Videos-auf-ARTE-TV/2151166,CmC=3032908.html :wink2:

about the "spontaneous" mfc performance during lollipop, don't know if you could see that in the video, but he motioned us to come on stage, it wasn't like we spontaneously decided to do that! :lmfao:

Thanks Mellody! You have really good memory:thumb_yello:

The duration of the show was aproximately 60 minutes, and yes I recall he also performed BB, BG and the other songs from the US tour.

So you've starred in his show!! You were very visible on TV, they zoomed you a several times and you had really nice outfit. And the others, of course.:wub2: I get impression he was a bit out the key in some songs, even breathless? I mean he had better days.:wink2:

watched my recording of the show yesterday before i went to bed, aww love their choice of songs - couldn't believe it, no grace kelly, relax and big girl, wow! :shocked: i thought they'd choose those well known songs and leave out the new ones like touches you, but they didn't. :wub2:

and yes i know that they showed me quite often. :naughty: well, whatever. i'm proud of being a mika fan! :biggrin2:

i liked the interview, really interesting. has someone uploaded that yet? katriens file, is it just the 15 minutes from the website or the whole thing? if no one has uploaded it yet, i'll try to do it tonight. :wink2:

loved the way he described how his hurt foot made him improve his dancing style, lol! :lol3:

watched my recording of the show yesterday before i went to bed, aww love their choice of songs - couldn't believe it, no grace kelly, relax and big girl, wow! :shocked: i thought they'd choose those well known songs and leave out the new ones like touches you, but they didn't. :wub2:

and yes i know that they showed me quite often. :naughty: well, whatever. i'm proud of being a mika fan! :biggrin2:

i liked the interview, really interesting. has someone uploaded that yet? katriens file, is it just the 15 minutes from the website or the whole thing? if no one has uploaded it yet, i'll try to do it tonight. :wink2:

loved the way he described how his hurt foot made him improve his dancing style, lol! :lol3:

It's just the interview from the website ... Is there a longer file available?

It says it can't play the file for me.

Maybe it's because it has the extension ".avi" ... you can try to change it to ".wmv" ...

It works for me ... Does it works for others?

It says it can't play the file for me.
Marilyn, which program have u used to play it?

you could try another one

Maybe it's because it has the extension ".avi" ... you can try to change it to ".wmv" ...

It works for me ... Does it works for others?

yes, it works for me :thumb_yello:

Thanks Katrien, it works for me either.

Keti will be happy cuz she couldn't watch it last night:biggrin2:

I have absolutely no idea what program it is. Probably Real Player. I just clicked download, and that usually works, but this time it said it was unable to play the file. I'm afraid I'm not technically minded. I don't understand much about computers.

that bit on the website was just the first 15 minutes of the program, the whole thing lasted an hour, and there were 3 or 4 interview bits in between songs. i've burned it on dvd now, will try to get it to my computer, convert and upload. :wink2:

that bit on the website was just the first 15 minutes of the program, the whole thing lasted an hour, and there were 3 or 4 interview bits in between songs. i've burned it on dvd now, will try to get it to my computer, convert and upload. :wink2:

Thankyou!! :wub2:

I have absolutely no idea what program it is. Probably Real Player. I just clicked download, and that usually works, but this time it said it was unable to play the file. I'm afraid I'm not technically minded. I don't understand much about computers.
it should work with VLC

btw Mellody is going to post the full version, so if you're able to d/l and watch it, you won't need the other version

pls let us know otherwise i'll try to help u :)

this is a general thread for both the magazine and the tv coverage of mika's baden-baden gig from nov 2nd.

the gig will be on tv @ ARTE on january 23rd, 22:00 german time, and on SWR february 13, 00:35. hopefully they'll include an interview too, anyway that's what they said at the gig in baden-baden... will record it when it's on and then post the links here (unless someone else is faster than me :bleh:)

currently there's a report about the gig in the SWR3 club magazine, here are the scans (the report plus one page about the stuttgart gig from the same magazine):

swr3mag-report01.jpg

swr3mag-report02.jpg

that's written in an amazing way :naughty: a lot of atmosphere, and nice to read :teehee:

No you can't see that on the video :roftl:

No you can't see that on the video :roftl:

i've watched it yesterday, you can see it. but if you don't know it, his hand/arm movements could be mistaken for some... whatever, dancing maybe?! :lmfao: great, so it looks to others like i'm just climbing on stage because i feel like it?! pfft. :aah:

i've cut out the interview, gotta upload it in more than one piece anyway - interview's converting now, so i'll upload that first, it's the most interesting part anyway imo, the gig is somewhere on mfc already. :bleh: but will upload that too, just will take a while because i'm converting it in good quality, and that takes aaages! :wink2:

ok here's the download file for the interview. http://www.sendspace.com/file/25zd0f

phew, that took ages to upload! :aah: it's about 10 minutes, 200 MB, mpg format. will upload on youtube now as well, hope that doesn't take that long!

sorry there's 2x 1 second missing in between, that's where the original dvd file was divided - no idea why a second is missing there, on the dvd it's there. :blink: but you still can figure out what he's saying in that second, so shouldn't be a big problem. :bleh:

i love how he shows the presenter how he pumps up his boot, lol! :naughty: and that he reads that letter from the cd booklet, and explains a bit about the booklet. and he mentions sariflor! :biggrin2: well, indirectly - people flying over from london to the roxy gig. :bleh:

and he said that he did the damage to his foot by finishing the show in LA. :sad: well, sounds like he didn't know that when it happened, so let's hope that if that ever happens again (which of course i don't hope!), he has learned from his mistake. :rolls_eyes:

I can't believe I was taking bath when this show run. :boxed:

Will there be a reprise?:blush-anim-cl:

yes i think it'll be repeated - anyway on the german arte. i posted the dates+times a few pages ago. :wink2:

Archived