Mika's Baden-Baden concert in the German media

mellody

this is a general thread for both the magazine and the tv coverage of mika's baden-baden gig from nov 2nd.

the gig will be on tv @ ARTE on january 23rd, 22:00 german time, and on SWR february 13, 00:35. hopefully they'll include an interview too, anyway that's what they said at the gig in baden-baden... will record it when it's on and then post the links here (unless someone else is faster than me :bleh:)

currently there's a report about the gig in the SWR3 club magazine, here are the scans (the report plus one page about the stuttgart gig from the same magazine):

swr3mag-report01.jpg

swr3mag-report02.jpg

swr3mag-konzert.jpg

i won't translate it now, as there's no interview... it's a very good review about the show, they say it was one of the best swr3 hautnah shows ever. :biggrin2: and they bring across very well the two sides of mika, the performer vs. the person. :wub2: plus, they have the mika stuttgart-concert in march as the concert-tip of the month in their magazine (ok they haven't included the change of location yet, but i think we can forgive that, seeing that they dedicated a whole page to mika. :bleh:).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant wait to watch it:thumb_yello:

Is that the gig where the audience demanded him to take his shirt off and someone even reminded him that he had already been seen 'naked'? :teehee:

I think that was in Munich:naughty:

thank you! not back home yet so I haven't checked my SWR3 magazine yet.

It is indeed a very good review! hope people will see the ad for the Stuttgart gig and buy their tix!

Won't be in on Jan 22, but I'll try to record it.

Is that the gig where the audience demanded him to take his shirt off and someone even reminded him that he had already been seen 'naked'? :teehee:

I think that was in Munich:naughty:

Oh? I thought that was Belgium. :roftl:

German speakers - what does that article say about Freddies Killer Queen on the second page?

Oh? I thought that was Belgium. :roftl:

no, it was crazy German fans for sure:bleh:

... and it was a very small, intimate gig, so that's why I think it was Baden Baden... but I am sure Mellody will be here soon to clarify.. :biggrin2:

German speakers - what does that article say about Freddies Killer Queen on the second page?

It says that that when Mika got back on stage to do SITM it was just like Freddie's Killer Queen had appeared. :biggrin2:

And then it goes on: But it is Mika! (haha, obviously lol)

I guess they just used the image to express how big this gig was!

The gig will be on French Tv too, on Arte, but the 23th January, at 22h ! :thumb_yello:

:doh: thanx, that's what it is here too, i got confused by the 22h time! :boxed: changed it in the first post. :thumb_yello:

no, it was crazy German fans for sure:bleh:

... and it was a very small, intimate gig, so that's why I think it was Baden Baden... but I am sure Mellody will be here soon to clarify.. :biggrin2:

yup, that was munich. :wink2: unfortunately, that won't be on tv, just was on the radio. baden-baden is the one that was broadcasted live on the web, but i think they might cut it differently for tv, and as i said hopefully include an interview. :wink2:

It says that that when Mika got back on stage to do SITM it was just like Freddie's Killer Queen had appeared. :biggrin2:

And then it goes on: But it is Mika! (haha, obviously lol)

I guess they just used the image to express how big this gig was!

yup, they're building up the image that it seemed like it was a gig by more than one singer, that mika was joined by prince and freddie, because it's so big-sounding and overwhelming. :wub2:

yup, that was munich. :wink2:

:doh: I knew I should have purchased ticks for the Munich show in March.. Or are there such cool fans outside Bavaria as well?:naughty:

yup, they're building up the image that it seemed like it was a gig by more than one singer, that mika was joined by prince and freddie, because it's so big-sounding and overwhelming. :wub2:

I think I already like this review even without knowing what is exactly in it..:cheerful_h4h:

:doh: I knew I should have purchased ticks for the Munich show in March.. Or are there such cool fans outside Bavaria as well?:naughty:

actually, those who shouted that were from berlin! :roftl: berliners are very outspoken. :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

seems like it'll already start at 21:35 tomorrow. in the videotext and program guide on the website it says it's 21:35-22:30, but on the info-site about the program it says it's 80 minutes long. :blink: well, so just make sure if you're recording it that you plan in a bit more time, just in case. :wink2:

here's the info site about the program: http://www.arte.tv/de/woche/244,broadcastingNum=1095452,day=1,week=4,year=2010.html - it says it will be repeated on the following days:

03.02.2010 at 01:20

11.02.2010 at 01:25

hmm, just noticed that on the french arte website it says 22:00-23:00 for tomorrow - arrgh, can they make up their mind please?! :aah:

here's the google translation of what that info site says (the only quote by mika is translated properly... i just don't think he really called himself a victim, suppose that was made up by the media! :sneaky2:)

Exclusively at ARTE: Before superstar Mika is on tour in spring 2010, he celebrated in Baden-Baden in November 2009 a pop party with new songs - and ARTE, was among them! His second album, "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" came immediately to top the German charts. Moderator Stephanie Mika Tücking revealed much about how the production of his new album is up, and had them during the concert, an exclusive look behind the scenes.

For his exclusive concert on 2 Was November 2009 in Baden-Baden is Mika thought a lot of tension: first, he came with a corresponding sleep debt directly from Mexico City - "I am a victim, could only sleep for an hour" - on the other he had been at a concert in Los Angeles his left foot so distorted that he appeared with an inflatable ski boot to performance.

On stage, all handicaps were forgotten. Mika and his excellent band played 90 minutes in both albums and the most enthusiastic female fans.

The show "Mika in Concert 2009" shows the artist exclusively with its completely new stage show before he was held in the spring 2010 European tour. Gave an interview moderated by Stefanie Tücking "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" for the production of his new album. He picked up a camera in his backstage area, and granted exclusive backstage footage.

Mika is a master of ceremonies in his own Popvarieté transformed concerts pleased with giant balloons and confetti in shrill pop party: "His music sounds like colored popcorn: aerial, oblique and damn right," said Robby Gierer, project close-by "SWR3. With hits like "Grace Kelly", "relax" and "Big Girl" brought the now 26-year-old two years ago, new colors in the music world. Upbeat melodies and Mika's distinctive falsetto vocals are also found in the new song "We Are Golden" again. His second album "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" was able to immediately get into the head of the German album charts.

the gig will be on tv @ ARTE on january 23rd, 22:00 german time, and on SWR february 13, 00:35. hopefully they'll include an interview too, anyway that's what they said at the gig in baden-baden...

I'm watching :naughty: and the interview is on right now, at least in Dutchland. :naughty:

Mellody, you were the first MFCer I noticed in the audience. :naughty:

BTW it seems it was on earlier in Germany than in the Netherlands, one of your fellow Germans just told me on MSN that the gig is over yet while it's still on here. He's doing Rain now.

I've finished watching the show 20 minutes before.

You gyus were amazing. Great atmosphere, Mika was so energetic

and in good mood despite his pains after the American tour.

And MFC performance during Lolipop was so spontaneous.

As I saw it already live online, it seems they've missed SITM and Happy Ending, am I right? Maybe GK? Can someone help? :wink2:

Archived