The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

I might try to get a conversation started. :naughty: Has anybody seen that film 'Water for Elephants'? I saw it the other day and really liked it, I might have to read the book now. And Christoph Waltz is such an amazing actor.

Oh yeah, I saw it! All my friends had read the book but I didn't get around to it in time. But they said it was pretty good in comparison to the book. Although Christoph Waltz's character in the movie is two separate characters from the book joined together. The book is definitely on my list to read.

Animals in circuses: There's definitely still animal circuses in Australia, Moscow Circus is a big one, they have horses and dogs and such. Not 100% about other states, but exotic animals like elephants and such aren't allowed in WA anymore (fairly recent ruling actually, maybe like 8 years old). They are definitely still cruel. Especially for something like an elephant. Simply the fact they are stuck being transported so often is awful for them psychologically and pyshically, but also all trained elephants come from Thailand (or similar), where they are raised in a horrible fashion with much extremely negative reinforcement. So they are terrified of humans, and bullhooks, etc, and that is how they get them to do what they want in the circuses later on. I actually had a lecture from the guy who was responsible for the banning of elephants in circuses in WA, it was really interesting.

Mika in Milan at the Swarovski bash

254088_10150273044607238_60005197237_8907659_1152214_n.jpg

Oh, he's adopted a hipster-y look. Looks a bit silly on him.

I had a great day. One of my year 7 classes at school had organised a card for me and all of them signed it. Needless to say, they are my new favourite class. :naughty:

Awww, sweet!! Happy birthday!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*is not offended by being called the dirty one with Tan*

Tan's much dirtier :teehee:

That she is :das:

And hi, Kelzy:bye:

Come on Aussies, only two more posts to go and we can have party 23 :naughty:

Yay! Party number 23 coming up!

I'll contribute then.

12 days until I go away now :)

'citing! Got everything worked out? Are you all packed?

Where's Teegs when you need her? :naughty:

Sorry I've only just gotten onto it, my uncle died last night/early this morning (no-one can be absolutely sure cause the nurses at the hopsital are complete idiots, and didn't really check on him, and then didn't frigging call his wife until 2 hours after they found him not breathing... idiots. :sneaky2:) so we've been here, there and everywhere today...

Anywho, I'll get right onto the new thread...

Archived