The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

Oh I may have to track that video down in that case.

How much does this guy remind you of DC? http://darrenseyebrows.tumblr.com/post/4769283572/my-darren-criss-experience

Not like "omg they look exactly the same", (because this guy has an absurd fringe :naughty:) But just because he's the one guy amongst all the fangirls, who is just as much of a fangirl deep down :naughty: And also - how flipping awesome is his story??

He just needs to DQ a bridge :shocked::teehee:

My head, and shoulders, knees and toes... :lmfao:

[YOUTUBE]KTKmhj2edQ0[/YOUTUBE]

Good to see Bono knows where parts of his body are :teehee:

Too bad George Dubya doesn't :lmfao:

:roftl::roftl:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So - any Royal Wedding celebrations in Oz? :fisch:

There was around here, but I didn't go. I'd had enough of hearing about it. I did end up having a look on hte news on Saturday cause I was curious about the dress...

:poke: Is there anybody there?

I was around, but I wonder where everyone else has gone?

There was around here, but I didn't go. I'd had enough of hearing about it. I did end up having a look on hte news on Saturday cause I was curious about the dress...

I was around, but I wonder where everyone else has gone?

I've been busy staring at the ceiling, but im done now :aah:

Sorry, do you mind if I ask a question (maybe someone already has?- my connection is way too slow and you post so many vids/pics it's hard to scroll back)

The UK is having a referendum about switching to an "alternative vote" system like Australia's- is it a good one? (Is it the only one you've had?) If people whinge about it, what do they say? I'm not sure whether to vote for it or not :dunno:

Well for starts we don't call it Alternative Voting. Its preferential voting, which is what I assume you mean, because that's how we vote.

You number your candidates from 1 to whatever number there are, with 1 being the most popular.

When we count the votes we do a few counts. Firstly we have to count them all based on their number 1s.

We then record the numbers. We then count the lowest, based on its number 2 preferences, and then the next lowest based on number 2 or next highest if it's number 2 is gone, until only 2 parties remain.

It can get confusing, and having worked for the electoral commission a few times, it is a lot of voting. But I suppose it means that its the party that the majority of the people prefer, even if it isn't always their first choice. (to get elected a party needs 50% + 1 vote after the preferential counting). As opposed to first past the post, where the winner just needs the most votes, and could have something like only 25% of people voting for them.

I guess despite all its multiple countings I prefer preferential, because you are still given a degree more choice through your preferences, and quite often the vote can come down to the preferences. You get to say "Well I want this guy to win, but if he doesn't I would rather person A, then person b, then last person c).

Most of the time people just follow the how to vote cards supplied by the parties at the voting booths, which show how that party wants its preferences to go though.

Anyways hope that helps.

Well for starts we don't call it Alternative Voting. Its preferential voting, which is what I assume you mean, because that's how we vote.

You number your candidates from 1 to whatever number there are, with 1 being the most popular.

When we count the votes we do a few counts. Firstly we have to count them all based on their number 1s.

We then record the numbers. We then count the lowest, based on its number 2 preferences, and then the next lowest based on number 2 or next highest if it's number 2 is gone, until only 2 parties remain.

It can get confusing, and having worked for the electoral commission a few times, it is a lot of voting. But I suppose it means that its the party that the majority of the people prefer, even if it isn't always their first choice. (to get elected a party needs 50% + 1 vote after the preferential counting). As opposed to first past the post, where the winner just needs the most votes, and could have something like only 25% of people voting for them.

I guess despite all its multiple countings I prefer preferential, because you are still given a degree more choice through your preferences, and quite often the vote can come down to the preferences. You get to say "Well I want this guy to win, but if he doesn't I would rather person A, then person b, then last person c).

Most of the time people just follow the how to vote cards supplied by the parties at the voting booths, which show how that party wants its preferences to go though.

Anyways hope that helps.

That seems quite a reasonable system. I'm not quite sure how our proposed system is supposed to work in detail :teehee: I'd better check up, as we have to vote on it on Thursday :naughty:

Well for starts we don't call it Alternative Voting. Its preferential voting, which is what I assume you mean, because that's how we vote. ..

Anyways hope that helps.

Now THAT's something no-one seems to have mentioned here :thumb_yello: Mind, I must admit I was thinking of basing my vote on whether my chosen party seem to want it (they're mostly split, suggesting it might not make much difference)

That seems quite a reasonable system. I'm not quite sure how our proposed system is supposed to work in detail :teehee: I'd better check up, as we have to vote on it on Thursday :naughty:

It does sound reasonable though

But where are all the Aussies?- you used to chew up nearly as many pages as the Goldlings :shocked:

:bonk: FANDOM! There's fanboys too you know. :aah:

I love how you never give up!:wub2:

And it's really hard to understand that people take for granted that everybody is a girl, I don't get it!:roftl:

:yay: I'm back on MFC now :biggrin2: hello :) i came back on the 1st but this is like the first time im on MFC since then :D btw my holiday was great, but long...but great :thumb_yello: missed everyone so i'm glad im back :D:D

I've been busy staring at the ceiling, but im done now :aah:

I bet staring at the ceiling was real interesting :teehee:

Well I didn't exactly celebrate, but I watched parts of the wedding.. Absolutely loved the dress.

The dress was gorgeous! I think Des was a little concerned cause I kept saying how beautiful the dress was...

Good to see there is still life in Australia. :naughty:

I was beginning to think the drop bears had finally got you all :mf_rosetinted:

Meh, we're stronger than some wussy little drop bears!

*looks around for drop bears*

Anyways hope that helps.

I'm glad you posted, cause I couldn't explain it!

Jolene's birthday today. Haven't seen her post for ages :no:

Neither have I... she generally pokes her head in when there's news about Mika possibly coming to Oz...

But where are all the Aussies?- you used to chew up nearly as many pages as the Goldlings :shocked:

We haven't gone through a thread quickly for close to 2 years... :sad:

Hopefully we'll finish this thread soon...

You can't blame the Aussies for staying away - maybe when Mika tours with the next album things will perk up again :naughty:

For sure! We might even get a few pages of posts! :naughty:

I'll just step in and let you know that in the Darren Criss fangirl world, voting is what chicken is to the Mika fangirl world.

tumblr_lkpmqguUM61qjn94ro1_400.gif

:fangurl:

:yay: I'm back on MFC now :biggrin2: hello :) i came back on the 1st but this is like the first time im on MFC since then :D btw my holiday was great, but long...but great :thumb_yello: missed everyone so i'm glad im back :D:D

Good to see you back - it was a long holiday, wasn't it? Any pics to post?

The dress was gorgeous! I think Des was a little concerned cause I kept saying how beautiful the dress was...

I was more impressed by Pippa's dress - I thought it was beautifully cut, simple and elegant

We haven't gone through a thread quickly for close to 2 years... :sad:

Hopefully we'll finish this thread soon...

We're edging our way there. But people just don't seem to drop in to chat anymore :sad:

I was more impressed by Pippa's dress - I thought it was beautifully cut, simple and elegant

We're edging our way there. But people just don't seem to drop in to chat anymore :sad:

I'm here! But there's nothing to say...

For example, when I wanted to become an honorary Mikamite, they made me do a citizenship test :shocked:

Australian Citizenship Test

1. Do you understand the meaning, but are unable to explain the origin of, the term "died in the arse"?

_____________________________ ______

2. What is a bloody little beauty?

3. Are these terms related: chuck a sickie; chuck a spaz; chuck a U-ey?

4. Explain the following passage:

"In the arvo last Chrissy the relos rocked up for a barbie, some bevvies and a few snags. After a bit of a Bex and a lie down we opened the pressies, scoffed all the chockies, bickies and lollies. Then we drained a few tinnies and Mum did her block after Dad and Steve had a barney and a bit of biffo."

_____________________________ _____

5. Macca, Chooka and Wanger are driving to Surfers in their Torana. If they are travelling at 100 km/h while listening to Barnsey, Farnsey and Acca Dacca, how many slabs will each person on average consume between flashing a brown eye and having a slash?

6. Complete the following sentences:

a) "If the van's rockin' don't bother .......

b) You're going home in the back of a .........

c) Fair crack of the...........

_____________________________ ____

7. I've had a gutful and I can't be fagged. Discuss

8. Have you ever been on the giving or receiving end of a wedgie?

9. Do you have a friend or relative who has a car in their front yard "up on blocks"? Is his name Bruce and does he have a wife called Cheryl?

10. Does your family regularly eat a dish involving mincemeat, cabbage, curry powder and a packet of chicken noodle soup called either chow mein, chop suey or kai see ming?

11. What are the ingredients in a rissole?

12. Demonstrate the correct procedure for eating a Tim Tam.

13. Do you have an Aunty Irene who smokes 30 cigarettes a day and sounds like a bloke?

14. In any two-hour period have you ever eaten three-bean salad, a chop and two serves of pav washed down with someone else's beer that has been flogged from a bath full of ice?

15. When you go to a bring- your-own-meat barbie can you eat other people's meat or are you only allowed to eat your own?

16. What purple root vegetable beginning with the letter "b" is required by law to be included in a hamburger with the lot?

17. Do you own or have you ever owned a lawn mower, a pair of thongs, an Esky or Ugg boots?

18. Is it possible to "prang a car" while doing "circle work"?

19. Who would you like to crack on to?

20. Who is the most Australian: Kevin "Bloody" Wilson, John "True Blue" Williamson, Kylie Minogue or Warnie?

21. Is there someone you are only mates with because they own a trailer or have a pool?

22. What does sinkin piss at a mate’s joint and gettin paralised mean?

Archived