The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

Meh. I'm not particularly attracted to him. He's... okay. Not my type. :aah:

Yeah, not mine either. But I still had to admit that he was good looking in Water for Elephants. Much more so than anything else I've seen him in.

OMG you have to read the book. It is amazing. I read it in 2 nights, and then decided I'd have to see the movie (which I haven't had a chance to do yet).

I wasn't originally going to see the movie, because I was worried that it might be one that people go to see just cos of the people in it, and not the story, but having read the book it sounds amazing.

I've been a bit awol and had a lack of time lately, because not only was I getting in final assignments, and preparing for going overseas in 20 days (whose counting - and so much I still need to do wow), but on friday night my little niece was born, so I've spent a fair amount of time at the hospital this weekend visiting.

Okay, I'll put it on my "to read" list. :thumb_yello: The main reasons I wanted to see the film were that I thought the cinematography in the trailer looked quite impressive and because of Christoph Waltz. I don't enjoy going to circuses because of the cruelty I imagine the animals are subject to (and this film did nothing to change my views on that, but rather intensify them), I do find the behind the scenes aspect intriguing.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, not mine either. But I still had to admit that he was good looking in Water for Elephants. Much more so than anything else I've seen him in.

Okay, I'll put it on my "to read" list. :thumb_yello: The main reasons I wanted to see the film were that I thought the cinematography in the trailer looked quite impressive and because of Christoph Waltz. I don't enjoy going to circuses because of the cruelty I imagine the animals are subject to (and this film did nothing to change my views on that, but rather intensify them), I do find the behind the scenes aspect intriguing.

There are a lot of circuses without animals these days, and you have to remember that that book is set a fair amount of time ago. There's a bunch of guidelines now.

In fact I can't even remember the last time I went to a circus that actually had animals.

There are a lot of circuses without animals these days, and you have to remember that that book is set a fair amount of time ago. There's a bunch of guidelines now.

In fact I can't even remember the last time I went to a circus that actually had animals.

In my country there is a few who has animals! I went to one just a week ago and it really is with mixed feelings!:blink:

Camels, lamas and horses.

In the pause they let children ride on the animals.

I've never really been into circuses. I never liked the idea of lions and tigers and other wild animals being made to perform. I liked the liberty horses, but then I like horses full stop :naughty:

But clowns - dreadfully unfunny. And a bit scary too

I've never really been into circuses. I never liked the idea of lions and tigers and other wild animals being made to perform. I liked the liberty horses, but then I like horses full stop :naughty:

But clowns - dreadfully unfunny. And a bit scary too

I went to my first (and only) circus when I was like... 2 or 3. the only thing I remember is being up in a stand about to sit down with my dad, and a clown passed and looked up at me and flipped his hat as he passed by and I just stared at him and my dad said something like "I think he's trying to make you laugh." One of my first memories. :wub2: I was a smart little tyke - even then I thought "how is that funny though?" :aah::roftl: That's all I remember of it. I'm sure it was fairly fun though... I'm entertained easily. :aah:

Yes, that's true. I know that they are no longer so explicitly cruel to the animals these days, but I still dislike the whole concept of getting them to perform and live away from their habitats, merely for the entertainment of humans.

The last time I went to the circus was two or three years ago for a friend's birthday and there were animals there.

:floor: Not the whole play in one post, just in three words at a time

OOoooh, righto....

That would've been pretty long then.

33 now :naughty:

Sydney.jpg

See, even Meeks is excited about us being near the end of the thread!

Just random posts then :fisch:

zhhzxl5.jpg

Woot! MFC! :bow:

I might try to get a conversation started. :naughty: Has anybody seen that film 'Water for Elephants'? I saw it the other day and really liked it, I might have to read the book now. And Christoph Waltz is such an amazing actor.

Nope, though dcdeb recommended the book to me...

I've been a bit awol and had a lack of time lately, because not only was I getting in final assignments, and preparing for going overseas in 20 days (whose counting - and so much I still need to do wow), but on friday night my little niece was born, so I've spent a fair amount of time at the hospital this weekend visiting.

OOooh, double 'citing! Hope bub is well...

Ooooh guys, I only just realised today.... On the 2nd of June it was the 4th Mikaversary of Mika's first Sydney show :shocked:

[YOUTUBE]5D7QvalMoeM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

mika-07.JPG

mika-22.JPG:naughty:

mika-09.JPG:bow: and :thumb_yello:

How time flies!

Happy Birthday, sweet-dreams :flowers2:

(Well it still is your birthday in the UK :naughty:)

I think the occasion calls for some OKD cake :mf_rosetinted:

rainbow2.jpg

Thank you! :biggrin2:

I had a great day. One of my year 7 classes at school had organised a card for me and all of them signed it. Needless to say, they are my new favourite class. :naughty:

Happy Birthday, sweet-dreams :flowers2:

(Well it still is your birthday in the UK :naughty:)

I think the occasion calls for some OKD cake :mf_rosetinted:

rainbow2.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm, OKD cake! :drool:

This was from the tour, wasn't it?

imgp0103c.jpg

I think it was Sydney...

This is fun, rummaging around in my old pics :naughty:

Remember this?

evilsnowman.jpg

:naughty:

You know, we were supposed to get snow this week but I think it was too cold for it...

Mika in Milan at the Swarovski bash

254088_10150273044607238_60005197237_8907659_1152214_n.jpg

Ooooh, nice...

Archived