Mika awarded 'Chevalier dans l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres'

camille*

How do you nominate a person for this award?

I nominate Silver!

French alert! She's speaking French again!

:wink2: I'm reading French too. I can get the gist of the article, though I wouldn't like to write a translation.

It's much more interesting if someone googles it. :floor:

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Sephira for the speech!

If anybody's interested I'll translate one of the last sentences which kind of summarises why he was given the award.

'si je vous remets cette nouvelle distinction, ce n’est pas pour vous encombrer, mais simplement pour marquer l’attachement du public français, qui vous suit et vous aime depuis la première heure comme l’un des siens, à votre travail.'

'If I give you this new distinction, it is not to bother you, but simply to show how attached the French public, who is following you and loves you since the very beginning just like one of them, is to your work'

About the London thing, I heard it too(that he would move to Fontainebleau but he doesn't because of his family) but as I heard it in France I wondered, is he flattering French people saying he would live in France/but he's ok with London (just ok) because there's the Eurostar?

But...they're very similar...:aah: Either way, he ain't moving to Paris lol :roftl:

Well the first statement makes it sound like he actively wants to move to Paris but can't or won't.

The second statement sounds like someone asked him if he would ever move there and he said he has no intentions because of his family.

This is where we get into trouble with translations, you know...

But yeah as you say either way, he ain't moving to Paris

About the London thing, I heard it too(that he would move to Fontainebleau but he doesn't because of his family) but as I heard it in France I wondered, is he flattering French people saying he would live in France/but he's ok with London (just ok) because there's the Eurostar?

He does seem to be very good at flattering the people of whatever country he's in (or brown nosing, as Bab would put it) :mf_rosetinted:

But I think he genuinely likes France and will end up with a home there one day.

Thanks Sephira for the speech!

If anybody's interested I'll translate one of the last sentences which kind of summarises why he was given the award.

'si je vous remets cette nouvelle distinction, ce n’est pas pour vous encombrer, mais simplement pour marquer l’attachement du public français, qui vous suit et vous aime depuis la première heure comme l’un des siens, à votre travail.'

'If I give you this new distinction, it is not to bother you, but simply to show how attached the French public, who is following you and loves you since the very beginning just like one of them, is to your work'

I was interested in that speech, but it's loooong!!

Well I have heard the Fontainebleau rumour, but frankly it came from a very dubious source, so I will believe it when I see it.

OK with London? :naughty: He better do better than that. :aah:

He seems to say everything but his prayers! :naughty:

Well the first statement makes it sound like he actively wants to move to Paris but can't or won't.

The second statement sounds like someone asked him if he would ever move there and he said he has no intentions because of his family.

This is where we get into trouble with translations, you know...

But yeah as you say either way, he ain't moving to Paris

He can stay right here with us "Londonites" :naughty:

I was interested in that speech, but it's loooong!!

Well I have heard the Fontainebleau rumour, but frankly it came from a very dubious source, so I will believe it when I see it.

OK with London? :naughty: He better do better than that. :aah:

He seems to say everything but his prayers! :naughty:

The Fontainebleau thing came from him, so... lying or not that's the question :naughty:

Yes he said Ok with London, even I was shocked as I like London a lot

The Fontainebleau thing came from him, so... lying or not that's the question :naughty:

Yes he said Ok with London, even I was shocked as I like London a lot

He must have said the FB thing a good while ago then?

To be honest, if he really meant those things and about London, I would truly say, just **** off to France then Mika. :naughty: And I am a fan! No wonder his popularity is on the wane here, all he does is disrespect the UK!! :blink:

He must have said the FB thing a good while ago then?

To be honest, if he really meant those things and about London, I would truly say, just **** off to France then Mika. :naughty: And I am a fan! No wonder his popularity is on the wane here, all he does is disrespect the UK!! :blink:

Does he? List them :naughty::aah:

Yes, I think French people find him so friendly and like when he speaks french. French peopla are proud of their language so when an international popstar speaks like that, we love that here ! :naughty:

Seriously, my parents love him because he is nice, sings well...and speaks french ! :naughty:

For the speech, thanks ! very formal and serious, but very moving too. Well a very nice political speech. Try to translate with a translator tomorrow, because it'll be difficult to translate with difficult words...

Yes, I think French people find him so friendly and like when he speaks french. French peopla are proud of their language so when an international popstar speaks like that, we love that here ! :naughty:

Seriously, my parents love him because he is nice, sings well...and speaks french ! :naughty:

For the speech, thanks ! very formal and serious, but very moving too. Well a very nice political speech. Try to translate with a translator tomorrow, because it'll be difficult to translate with difficult words...

But Deb, why did that Mitterand guy keep his cardigan on? He looked like he should have been pottering around in the garden. :naughty: And the French usually look so smart and chic!

But Deb, why did that Mitterand guy keep his cardigan on? He looked like he should have been pottering around in the garden. :naughty: And the French usually look so smart and chic!

:roftl:

So true !!!! :naughty:

Well, maybe because he has a plaster cart or a bandage on his arm, because he had a tiny scooter accident (yes, it's true :naughty:) or because hi uncle was the President Mitterrand and wasn't very found of fashion :naughty:

'kay.

CAMILLE?!?!

No worries girls, he doesn't say anything bad about the uk, maybe he's just not very enthusiastic. But he sure shows he likes France when here. It's just the `ok´ with london which was strange

:roftl:

So true !!!! :naughty:

Well, maybe because he has a plaster cart or a bandage on his arm, because he had a tiny scooter accident (yes, it's true :naughty:) or because hi uncle was the President Mitterrand and wasn't very found of fashion :naughty:

Oh I did wonder if they were related!

It's interesting, because in France he speaks French, talks about French things and so on, but he never does that here. When he's here he is just a Londoner. Wonder what he does in the US?

Is he a bit of a brown noser, I wonder? Cozying up to the people wherever he happens to be? :naughty:

In Rome, be a Roman...:mf_rosetinted:

I'm very exciting. Who knew Paris was so easy to get to? It's literally a train stop away, nuts.

Who are you and what did you do with Caz???

He does seem to be very good at flattering the people of whatever country he's in (or brown nosing, as Bab would put it) :mf_rosetinted:

But I think he genuinely likes France and will end up with a home there one day.

And he'll get a summer house near Lisbon by then...:mf_rosetinted:

He's missing his cap to potter around in the garden, Babs!:shocked:

Or his "boina"...

No worries girls, he doesn't say anything bad about the uk, maybe he's just not very enthusiastic. But he sure shows he likes France when here. It's just the `ok´ with london which was strange

That's disrespectful to me. I mean if he's not that keen, bugger off to somewhere he really likes. I really mean that. In fact next time I see him and have the opportunity, I will ask him about it.

Not that I will get a straight answer of course.

What I need is a French person to ask the same question just a little later then we can compare notes....

I swear Mika used to say that he loved London? Or thought that it was a great city?

Who are you and what did you do with Caz???

Oh, that was meant to say "it's". Honestly, listening to music and typing at the same time is never a good thing.

That's disrespectful to me. I mean if he's not that keen, bugger off to somewhere he really likes. I really mean that. In fact next time I see him and have the opportunity, I will ask him about it.

What I need is a French person to ask the same question just a little later then we can compare notes....

I freakin' love London lol. And hey, not long till we see him...:teehee:

I swear Mika used to say that he loved London? Or thought that it was a great city?

Oh, that was meant to say "it's". Honestly, listening to music and typing at the same time is never a good thing.

I freakin' love London lol. And hey, not long till we see him...:teehee:

Yeah I love London too, that's why this attitude hurts :tears:

Yeah I love London too, that's why this attitude hurts :tears:

but I'm sure Mika did say that he thinks it's a great city, though that was a while ago. I don't know, maybe there are too many imaginary ex-partners giving Mika the heeby-jeebies round London Town.

Me too...

He was afraid Mika would steal it. It's in his back pocket.

:naughty:

He looks creepy though...

On the pic Mika's reading his groceries list...ahem...his speech, it seems like he's thinking:

Yeah, yeah, get it done quick, we got a rendez-vous at the Horror Mansion, you, me and a sharp knife!

:shocked:

Yes they are. Which is funny, because the actual Mitterrand, minister of Culture is in a right hand government, whereas his uncle was on the left side... It made its little effect in France when he was chosen ! But honestly, he really belongs to the Culture world, before being a political man involved in a party.

:naughty: What do you want to ask to him exactly ?

I'm in if you want, I always ask some boring question and doing propaganda for Brittany (the west of France) when he has never been ! :naughty: Well I tried to corrupt him with traditional specialities of food... but well, I'm still waiting ! We even had a debate about Nantes where he has already been, being in Brittany or not (it's a big debate here, you can't say taht :sneaky2::naughty: ) ! Well, so I'm in !! :roftl:

Archived