Mika awarded 'Chevalier dans l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres'

camille*

So how did he enrich French culture with his acting?

I am not being funny here, I really want to understand what it's all about.

Mostly if actors or singers and so on get decorated in the UK, they have a long successful career behind them and/or are very active in charity work.

What all the footie players that got CBEs as soon as they became household names you mean?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What all the footie players that got CBEs as soon as they became household names you mean?

They do usually do some charity work too Rose. Or have had a long career.

Give me a name that you are referring to and I will research it.

Yes it's the same in Canada. That's why I said earlier that I didn't know what this was about. From its description it sounds similar to the medals awarded here, but it must be different if Mika is receiving one. :dunno:

And if this medal leads to anyone calling him Sire I will rip it off his jacket and beat someone over the head with it. :fisch:

What about Your Excellency?:naughty:

They do usually so some charity work too Rose. Or have had a long career.

Give me a name that you are referring to and I will research it.

I'm sure a few got them before they got into any of that, and didn't Lewis Hamilton get one, if I recall?

I'm sure a few got them before they got into any of that, and didn't Lewis Hamilton get one, if I recall?

Possibly I will look tomorrow. But even if he did, he won big on the world stage and is from the UK. So could be argued he makes us look good.

Possibly I will look tomorrow. But even if he did, he won big on the world stage and is from the UK. So could be argued he makes us look good.

I just looked at MBEs and CBEs and they are awarded for what the person has done for their chosen field, not necessarily for charity, although occassionally that is part of it, if they have made an impact for a certain charity.

So perhaps at some point Mika might get an MBE, you never know.

I just looked at MBEs and CBEs and they are awarded for what the person has done for their chosen field, not necessarily for charity, although occassionally that is part of it, if they have made an impact for a certain charity.

So perhaps at some point Mika might get an MBE, you never know.

Yes I agree, so would I. But it's such early days just now, don't you think?

Apparently Mika has been honoured as a 'Chevalier dans l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres' today in Cannes. It is a medal given by the French minister of culture to people who distinguished with their creation in arts or contributed in promoting arts in France and in the world.

http://www.purepeople.com/article/le-chanteur-mika-epingle_a48637/1

thanks, great news:thumb_yello:

congrats Mika:thumb_yello:

Apparently Mika has been honoured as a 'Chevalier dans l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres' today in Cannes. It is a medal given by the French minister of culture to people who distinguished with their creation in arts or contributed in promoting arts in France and in the world.

Wow!

Bravo & Congrats Mika!

Please don't jump all over me fellow MFCers but isn't this distinguished French medal a little too soon??

Congrats Mika!!!!!

10.jpg

Wow, he looks stunning in that pic! :mf_lustslow:

He should wear purple more often, too. :wub2:

Mikapleasedon'tchopoffyourcurlsbeforetheEurotour

That must be it :biggrin2:

No, honestly I'm not sure. The minister of Culture can choose some people he wants to decorate, and it's supposed to be people who have made a 'significant contribution to the enrichment of the French cultural inheritance'(wikipedia) I think it's more generally for people who have contributed to the promotion of arts.

It goes on to say that the rules are slightly different for foreigners; if you're French you're not eligible for this award until you're 30, but no age restriction exists for non-French citizens.

It also says it is often bestowed on "foreign luminaries," with the official definition of "luminaries" being "a celebrity who is an inspiration to others."

Sounds about right to me. :fangurl:

Archived