Mika awarded 'Chevalier dans l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres'

camille*

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is an article from a French Newspaper (Corse Matin) posted by Julia2a (from MFC and French forum MWS, thanks to her :wink2: )

5pltus.jpg

Thanks for the article:thumb_yello:

Now we know a bit about what he said in his speech.

Thank you so much for sharing the newspaper clipping. I wish there was a video of his speech!

:aah:

I want a vid of the speech too!!

Mikapleasedon'tchopoffyourcurlsbeforetheEurotour

Totally agree with that.

Please stay away from the hairdressers Mika and dont cut your hair yourself either

I love everything about that look. Gawjus. :wub2:

Aww, I'm so proud of widdle Meeks. :fangurl:

Totally agree with that.

Please stay away from the hairdressers Mika and dont cut your hair yourself either

he's perfect this way, isn't he? :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

I just saw Mika's tweet ('By the way thank you to everyone for their kind commments about Sunday. Was very chuffed')

I'm soooo happy that I broke the news about this award to you all on MFC as I'm sure we made him even happier with our comments and congratulations. I love MFC :thumb_yello:

I just saw Mika's tweet ('By the way thank you to everyone for their kind commments about Sunday. Was very chuffed')

I'm soooo happy that I broke the news about this award to you all on MFC as I'm sure we made him even happier with our comments and congratulations. I love MFC :thumb_yello:

In that case, I must have pissed him off. Ho hum :fisch:

Why, did you ask him what he had done to deserve this? :biggrin2:

Not as such. I am pleased he got it. But I did ask here what he had done to get it, because in the UK you usually get an honour like that if you have a long career behind you, do charity work or perhaps have done something for the country, like won a title or something ie Olympic medallists and so on, so I was asking what the criteria was, after all Mika has only been going a few years and is only just on to his second album.

I bet if Mika didn't speak French, he wouldn't be getting this award.

I'd love to see him get more of this kind of thing though, and if he carries on with his career like this I am sure he will.:thumb_yello:

11.jpg

Mika has been honoured as a 'Chevalier dans l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres' today in Cannes. It is a medal given by the French minister of culture to people who distinguished with their creation in arts or contributed in promoting arts in France and in the world.

http://www.purepeople.com/article/le-chanteur-mika-epingle_a48637/1

Congrats Mika!:biggrin2:love the pics! he's the cuttest ever!

I don't think Kylie Minogue speaks French as she was also presented this award a coouple of years ago...

I think it you are considered to be as someone leading the way in something, it does not matter how many years there are behind you. Like a 'Breakthrough' act / a kind of visionary artist...:pinkbow:

Not as such. I am pleased he got it. But I did ask here what he had done to get it, because in the UK you usually get an honour like that if you have a long career behind you, do charity work or perhaps have done something for the country, like won a title or something ie Olympic medallists and so on, so I was asking what the criteria was, after all Mika has only been going a few years and is only just on to his second album.

I'd love to see him get more of this kind of thing though, and if he carries on with his career like this I am sure he will.:thumb_yello:

To be honest, this award isn't a very big deal anymore in France. They give thoses medals really easily to TV presenters or international actors, singers (Kylie Minogue..) that's why in France we don't see that as a huge thing, even if we're happy for him :biggrin2:

Archived