Mika awarded 'Chevalier dans l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres'

camille*

:sneaky2: A picture that I detagged, and they just go blurbing their credit on it, well that's just great :sneaky2:

Are you kidding :sneaky2:

Pfff just go to tell them...

When I post pics from the MFC (bu members...) on the French forum (the other one :naughty: ) I always say it's from the MFC and who posted it...

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Detagged a picture :fangurl:

12~1.jpg

thx Droopsy :fangurl:

It goes on to say that the rules are slightly different for foreigners; if you're French you're not eligible for this award until you're 30, but no age restriction exists for non-French citizens.

It also says it is often bestowed on "foreign luminaries," with the official definition of "luminaries" being "a celebrity who is an inspiration to others."

Sounds about right to me. :fangurl:

it does :biggrin2:

Thx Dani for pictures :wub2:

:sneaky2: A picture that I detagged, and they just go blurbing their credit on it, well that's just great :sneaky2:

Pfff. I really can't understand why they did that. YOU detagged the picture and they didn't take the picture. :sneaky2: They don't own it.

made me picture him riding a horse, a microphone for a sword...lol

:roftl: Maybe for the musée grévin. :teehee:

This is an article from a French Newspaper (Corse Matin) posted by Julia2a (from MFC and French forum MWS, thanks to her :wink2: )

5pltus.jpg

Translation (sorry if it's not perfect) :

Knight Mika

" Youth figure of the international pop" as described by Frederic Mitterrand (the French minister of the Culture) when he presented him his medal. Mika was named Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres by the minister of the Culture, during his visit at the Midem yesterday. The young singer, who has prepared a little thank-you speech, talked about his joy and pride of receiving this medal "from a country which meant a lot during my childhood." "It's where my taste for music has grown". Mika will be back in the Côte d'Azur (which he knows well), the 1st of May for a gig in Nice.

This is an article from a French Newspaper (Corse Matin) posted by Julia2a (from MFC and French forum MWS, thanks to her :wink2: )

5pltus.jpg

Translation (sorry if it's not perfect) :

Knight Mika

" Youth figure of the international pop" as described by Frederic Mitterrand (the French minister of the Culture) when he presented him his medal. Mika was named Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres by the minister of the Culture, during his visit at the Midem yesterday. The young singer, who has prepared a little thank-you speech, talked about his joy and pride of receiving this medal "from a country which meant a lot during my childhood." "It's where my taste for music has grown". Mika will be back in the Côte d'Azur (which he knows well), the 1st of May for a gig in Nice.

Thank you so much for sharing the newspaper clipping. I wish there was a video of his speech!

:aah:

Archived