MIKA on The Album Chart Show - Koko, London 2010

Christine

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Man flu is a pejorative term that refers to the idea that when many men have a cold, they exaggerate and claim they have the flu — the implication being that women do not do so.

A web-based survey of readers of Nuts magazine in late 2006 stirred interest in this notion, which was criticized as unscientific and unreliable. It has been suggested that such exaggeration is possibly just as prevalent in women.

A study published in 2009 was widely reported as supporting the concept that "man flu" exists,[6][7] but many believe that the media were misunderstanding and/or misrepresenting the science. The study had nothing to do with the flu (the experiment was related to bacterial, not viral, infection) and was performed on genetically modified mice rather than human beings, so the results are not necessarily applicable to humans."

:blink:

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_flu

Man flu is a pejorative term that refers to the idea that when many men have a cold, they exaggerate and claim they have the flu — the implication being that women do not do so.

I know a certain someone that suffers from man flu. :aah:

*checks to see if he's not watching over her shoulder*

*googles to see what parwn cocktail crisps are*:blush-anim-cl:

oooooooh ok :naughty:

Me too. Sounds kinda gross. :teehee:

Are we to believe that these prawn cocktail crisps are the source of his man flu? :aah:

You've never had prawn cocktail crisps! :shocked::roftl: like 'skips'?!

you're missing out! :naughty:

You've never had prawn cocktail crisps! :shocked::roftl: like 'skips'?!

you're missing out! :naughty:

no:shocked: never even heard of them :shocked:

i dont think they sell those here, but i could be wrong :teehee: i mean, we got the "all-dressed" flavour :naughty:

Archived