MIKA on The Album Chart Show - Koko, London 2010

Christine

I honestly think London's way overrated and all the other things like the German showcases are underrated. Or even in Sweden when they had that little gig and Mika got a fan to sing with him.

Bloody hell, y'know? :roftl:

:wub2:

So lovely!

He was here twice in 2007 and once in 2009 ( and of course I saw him all the times:blush-anim-cl::teehee:)

When we are saying things like "I wish I lived in London" it is because he has done so many more appearances there compared to for example in Stockholm.

I know it's not about quantity all the time it's about quality and all that...but you guys seems to have so much fun!:blink:

I guess I just miss to see him live...

Six days to Belfast, thank god!:biggrin2:

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, if you have plenty of money, come. Why not?

Oh no, I don't want for a minute to say what you should or should not do :shocked:.

It's just that I personally think that, to especially travel, paying a lot of money for a plane ticket, for only 5 songs (there will be another 2 bands there, so Mika will only do a few) and when it's not even a normal gig, I don't think that I would do it, that's all.

If you have all the time and the money, hey, do come by all means, I am not trying to put you off, just thinking that if there are "proper" long gigs starting next week, it is probably a better experience to go to one of those, that's all.

I guess that I just don't understand the mentality of traveling for this, because there will be nothing special to this performance. It's not some little acoustic thing, or anything of the sorts. Just a few of the more well known songs :dunno:

Ops sorry... I did not want to say it...

I'll think on it... if tomorrow I decide not to come, I hope to be able to go to the next "proper" long gigs in UK and to meet you :thumb_yello:

No I mean like PM, E-Mail, Direct Message and all that jazz lol. People might miss your tweets, might not be following you, or might not be looking in particular threads, y'know?

But the thing is, everyone I know has tickets, so rather than spending all my time sending out pms etc to people, which would take a month of Sundays, easier to go to relevent threads and post there.

And on Twitter easier to tweet on the general timeline, than go hunting down people.

I honestly think London's way overrated and all the other things like the German showcases are underrated. Or even in Sweden when they had that little gig and Mika got a fan to sing with him.

Bloody hell, y'know? :roftl:

Yes, I know exactly what you mean and I agree; It's what I've been saying for ages :aah:

So lovely!

He was here twice in 2007 and once in 2009 ( and of course I saw him all the times:blush-anim-cl::teehee:)

When we are saying things like "I wish I lived in London" it is because he has done so many more appearances there compared to for example in Stockholm.

I know it's not about quantity all the time it's about quality and all that...but you guys seems to have so much fun!:blink:

But that is the point, Sienna, that he's done far more appearances in other places than in London during the whole season, until this week. Even if you add them all up, I'm sure that other places end up with more things. It's not a competition, obviously, but it becomes one when everyone goes: "ooh. I wish I was in london" , as if everything happens here :dunno:

But that is the point, Sienna, that he's done far more appearances in other places than in London during the whole season, until this week. Even if you add them all up, I'm sure that other places end up with more things. It's not a competition, obviously, but it becomes one when everyone goes: "ooh. I wish I was in london" , as if everything happens here :dunno:

I know.:wub2:

Don't think I can think of anywhere he's done more than London.

But I'm here to grovel to the mods- I'm really not well, and although I've got two tickets for this I'm dropping out. i know it's frowned on, and rightly, but as the docs don't really know what's wrong it's hard to predict how I'll be.

Fortuneatly I think most people who wanted tix got them, i really hope so anyway, or i could email my email to someone

Don't think I can think of anywhere he's done more than London.

But I'm here to grovel to the mods- I'm really not well, and although I've got two tickets for this I'm dropping out. i know it's frowned on, and rightly, but as the docs don't really know what's wrong it's hard to predict how I'll be.

Fortuneatly I think most people who wanted tix got them, i really hope so anyway, or i could email my email to someone

Shouldn't be frowned upon, if you don't feel well.

Hope you start feeling better soon:thumb_yello::huglove:

So lovely!

Six days to Belfast, thank god!:biggrin2:

We do Sienna, but it's not all about Mika. Granted we all met because of Mika, but we often do things together which are non-Mika related. Ish.

I dont know if i can make it now - my friend who i am meant to be coming with is ill. I dont want to come on my own. I am gutted... think its a bit odd to come to a club/gig on my own :(

Just come, Sharon. There will be loads of MFCers there, just join in with us. What time were you thinking of getting there?

I went to a gig on my own before I met MFCers, now I go with MFCers all of the time and they have become my real friends.

dont know just feels a bit weird coming on my own (even though i did stand in the middle of the MFC group at union chapel so would recognise some of you). am trying to find someone else to come with at the moment but not getting v far...

Did you? Well just come. It might feel a bit strange at first, but that will soon pass, honest!

Did you? Well just come. It might feel a bit strange at first, but that will soon pass, honest!

Yesss this is very true - I went to the Bloomsbury gig on my own and came away with three new friends, it was great. And then at Little Noise I finally introduced myself to the MFCers and though I was shy at first, it DID pass and I had a really nice time.

I think you'll probably kick yourself if you don't come Sharon. I know it's a bit overwhelming, seeing all these people who know each other and trying to pluck up the courage to go and say hi, but believe me, it will be absolutely worth it. You'll have a great time.

dont know just feels a bit weird coming on my own (even though i did stand in the middle of the MFC group at union chapel so would recognise some of you). am trying to find someone else to come with at the moment but not getting v far...

You are more than welcome to come and say hi to us, come along, I'm sure you will regret it if you don't come.:):gathering:

Yes sharonkitten, do make sure you go and meet everyone- I know I felt very diffident about introducing myself the first and (even worse) the second and third times, but it's really worth it, I've met loads of really nice people through the MFC. YOu won't be on your own at a Mika gig ever again

yes we were there quite early (4ish). My friend didnt feel well so one of you let her sit in your chair. We were nos 26/27 in the queue...

Oh, that was my chair :roftl:. I remember you! You should come, definitely! It will be fun :naughty:

Oh, that was my chair :roftl:. I remember you! You should come, definitely! It will be fun :naughty:

thanks for the loan of the chair, my friend really appreciated it. Its the same friend who cannot come tonight - she is ill :(

I still dont know whether to come (my daughter is ill so feel bad enough about leaving her anyway) but if i do i will look out for you all. What time are you all getting there?

ok, finally I decide...

I don't come tonight... I've thought well and doesn't seem appropriate to face a trip since Saturday Mika will start the tour...

I thank the girls who they reply to me and I hope to meet you on gigs this month!

Win Tickets To See Mika Tonight!

Stop Press! Fancy seeing Mika play live tonight (Monday 8th February) on The Album Chart Show at London's Koko? Well, you're in luck!

We've got 20 pairs of tickets to this evening's show to give away to some lucky Mika fans.

To get your name in the hat, all you have to do is email mikacompetition@googlemail.com with your full name and age.

The competition is only open to fans 18 and over and you must also be able to get to London's Koko tonight by 18:30 at the latest to collect your tickets.

Good luck everyone - see you tonight!

http://www.mikasounds.com/news/view/773/Win_Tickets_To_See_Mika_Tonight

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=79041575&blogID=528699953

Win Tickets To See Mika Tonight!

Stop Press! Fancy seeing Mika play live tonight (Monday 8th February) on The Album Chart Show at London's Koko? Well, you're in luck!

We've got 20 pairs of tickets to this evening's show to give away to some lucky Mika fans.

To get your name in the hat, all you have to do is email mikacompetition@googlemail.com with your full name and age.

The competition is only open to fans 18 and over and you must also be able to get to London's Koko tonight by 18:30 at the latest to collect your tickets.

Good luck everyone - see you tonight!

http://www.mikasounds.com/news/view/773/Win_Tickets_To_See_Mika_Tonight

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=79041575&blogID=528699953

Ohh released some more tickets ... fabby:thumb_yello:

Archived