Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to watch Avatar in London and before the film they played a Kick Ass trailer. I can't remember any of it, only thinking and saying to my friend: is that supposed to be funny?:blink: (:naughty:)

Maybe it was just the trailer and I'll like the movie though:teehee:

The trailer link is uploaded on Mikasounds now, but it is difficult to know if any of that music is Mika's...what little there is amongst the gratuitous violence and 12 year old girl swearing...

I would like to see the movie...but not sure if I will actually LIKE it...

The trailer link is uploaded on Mikasounds now, but it is difficult to know if any of that music is Mika's...what little there is amongst the gratuitous violence and 12 year old girl swearing...

I would like to see the movie...but not sure if I will actually LIKE it...

don't think there's any of mika... but who knows

i was surprised to see nicolas cage in the trailer

I went to the movies yesterday and before the movie started they showed the trailer for Kick-ass. I didn't really seems like a movie I would like. Don't know if I would go to see this movie, but I'm looking forward to hear Mika's single.

There's an extended trailer available to view on YouTube.

Like this one?

It looks like the one that has already posted before but no Mika in this one, either :dunno:

Edited by suzie

Just watched the trailer and I'm horrified! :shocked: It's not that I can't stand watching violence in movies...after all it's just a movie...but this one is outrageous!!! It's like "Kill Bill" for kids. :huh: Why the heck did Mika agree to make a song for this movie? I mean I understand there are a lot of decisions made by other people than him...but you know...he will promote this movie through his song and he has many children as fans who will go to the movies to see "Kick-ass". :blink:

On the other side...it kinda seems the Mika-movie...:naughty: the darkness and spookyness mixed with the sweetness of a child...it is just TOO much though with all that blood splashed around the trailer...and this is just a trailer...what about the rest of the movie? can you imagine...:huh:

PS and it is the n'th bad movie Nicholas Cage plays in...what a shame!

I guess the story probably is that even someone considered by others to be a loser can be a superhero. That's a nice message but I can't say I am interested in it...:teehee:.. except for the music, of course.

The only song I heard so far sounds like some American college band imitating Def Leppard :naughty: but I am positive Mika's song with the Red One will be one I like.:thumb_yello:

I think it depends on how cartoony the violence comes accross as being- after all, if you're gonna take Tom and Jerry seriously, that's way more violent than this trailer, and people just stand up again after being thrown off a cliff/steamrollered etc. But this seems to have a very human, realistic hero to reinforce the positive loser-saves-the-world message- which could make the violence excessive.

In other words, I enjoyed the trailers, but I'm uneasily aware that if I'm going to be randomly knifed, it's likely to be by a young girl. I'm reserving judgement on this one till I've seen it

The music in the trailer I saw reminded me of Banana Splits :dunno: so Mika's gotta be an improvement

I think it depends on how cartoony the violence comes accross as being- after all, if you're gonna take Tom and Jerry seriously, that's way more violent than this trailer, and people just stand up again after being thrown off a cliff/steamrollered etc. But this seems to have a very human, realistic hero to reinforce the positive loser-saves-the-world message- which could make the violence excessive.

In other words, I enjoyed the trailers, but I'm uneasily aware that if I'm going to be randomly knifed, it's likely to be by a young girl. I'm reserving judgement on this one till I've seen it

The music in the trailer I saw reminded me of Banana Splits :dunno: so Mika's gotta be an improvement

It was the Banana Splits music:thumb_yello:

How have I missed this ... ummmmmmmmmm ... it's his next single then ... I'm really lost ... has anyone heard it yet then ... I haven't read anything in here ... Nectar just gave me the link in the Oldlings ... cos' I was having a coke bottle moment again .. I didn't know about that either ... can Mika or Mikasounds etc please stop announcing important stuff when I'm not here to read it :lmfao:

I'm seeing it tomorrow, so I shall give you a report :naughty:

Great- didn't realise it was released already

I notice it's only a 15 certificate in the UK- I read a review of the book and he was all "oh, you can tell by the trailer that's it's really been toned down for the movie" :naughty:

Yep :boxed:

But... but... but... everyone's gone before the end credits :crybaby: why isn't he over the beginning credits?

Not me, I'm one of the saddos who reads them:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Funnily enough, just to see the songs in the soundtrack:naughty:

Not me, I'm one of the saddos who reads them:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Funnily enough, just to see the songs in the soundtrack:naughty:

I do that when I'm watching a dvd- like you, mostly for the songs- but I want lots of other people to hear and love the song and unless Middlesbrough's weird, they probably won't

I'm glad Jason Flemyng (from Primeval) is in this- I like him

It's released on 2 April here, apparently

Edited by Soaring Simpson

I do that when I'm watching a dvd- like you, mostly for the songs- but I want lots of other people to hear and love the song and unless Middlesbrough's weird, they probably won't

I'm glad Jason Flemyng (from Primeval) is in this- I like him

It's released on 2 April here, apparently

Me too, liked him in The League of Extrordinary Gentlemen.