Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

Thank you so much Fmbm!:thumb_yello:

I can't wait to hear this new song.

I think that might be a good thing.

I love TBWKTM.

But let's face it - it hasn't done well - there - I said it out loud.

Mika needs a soing out there that the radio will play especially in the U.S.A.

I am hoping this could be it.

Most of us MFCers will love anything Mika sings - at least I can speak for myself & say I do.

Right on Marilyn!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Go Mika!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Yes and I was thinking about how Nono says the song actually goes "We are young we are strong, we're not looking for where we belong."

What does that remind you of?

Maybe not in the tune, but certainly in the lyrics, We Are Golden!

So if people like Kick Ass, they might really love We Are Golden! This could really help Mika enormously.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, okay, I'm home. As stated on twitter, I'm not allowed to mention anything about the movie until it's released, though I don't think anyone cares. :teehee:

Mika's song is the last one in the end credits. It starts off with the chorus that goes something like "We are young. We are strong. We're not looking for where we belong." and then there's a piano bit before the verse. The verses sound like a mixture between the little rap in "Rain" mixed with the pre-chorus of "Touches You". It has that same kind of whisper singing. He does a lot of interesting things with his voice in the song, which I really liked. I don't care for the synth that much...just sounds like some "everyday" song...not the Mika sound we know and love. But as mentioned on twitter as well, it's still stuck in my head and I will for sure buy it :wink2:

Reminds me of thy We Are Golden lyrics:blink:

Looking forward to hear the song.

Why? I think the best Lady Gaga songs were co-written by him and there are a lot of MFCers who like her music. Well, I do, anyway :teehee:

She's talking about ME and HER, not every MFCer.

Her and I aren't fond of that music genre. :teehee:

Sorry I don't hate or like her but i think she is too overrated :aah:

Alex you know me too well :shocked::roftl:

She's talking about ME and HER, not every MFCer.

Her and I aren't fond of that music genre. :teehee:

Ooops I didn't read your conversation just commented on the last couple of posts.. Silly me.:teehee:

I think I like much of the music Vanessa likes, as far as I remember, but my musical taste is much more eclectic, so I tend to like something from everyone's favourites but most definitely not all.

I think that might be a good thing.

I love TBWKTM.

But let's face it - it hasn't done well - there - I said it out loud.

Mika needs a soing out there that the radio will play especially in the U.S.A.

I am hoping this could be it.

Most of us MFCers will love anything Mika sings - at least I can speak for myself & say I do.

Oh, I agree... he has to try and do stuff a little different to get a wider fanbase, and if it involves doing movies with GaGa's producer, then so be it... it will only help him in the long run, I'm sure!

It's...interesting...:naughty:

Deffinitely not my kind of music, which is weird because Mika IS my kind of music:blink:

What's interesting? :blink:

Can I hear the song anywhere? I CAN'T wait

It hasn't been released yet.

As far as we're aware, Nono's the only one to have officially heard it...

Why? I think the best Lady Gaga songs were co-written by him and there are a lot of MFCers who like her music. Well, I do, anyway :teehee:

So do I... some of it sounds the same, but some is very interesting, especially the lyrics and hte meaning behind them... Bad Romance is becoming a fave of mine, and it has a very interesting background to it...

I wonder when the song will premier on the radio...

It should ideally be earlier than the film premier.

It's apparently being released on the 29th of March... so in 17 days :thumb_yello:

Oh, I agree... he has to try and do stuff a little different to get a wider fanbase, and if it involves doing movies with GaGa's producer, then so be it... it will only help him in the long run, I'm sure!

So do I... some of it sounds the same, but some is very interesting, especially the lyrics and hte meaning behind them... Bad Romance is becoming a fave of mine, and it has a very interesting background to it...

It's apparently being released on the 29th of March... so in 17 days :thumb_yello:

Yay! Will buy it! Anyone know if it's getting released on disc? I HATE buying digital, I haven't even done so yet. I prefer having something physical.

*Also reason why she doesn't have Up soundtrack yet... PLEASE Pixar/Disney!* /offtopic

Yay! Will buy it! Anyone know if it's getting released on disc? I HATE buying digital, I haven't even done so yet. I prefer having something physical.

*Also reason why she doesn't have Up soundtrack yet... PLEASE Pixar/Disney!* /offtopic

TBH I don't know... I hope so, cause I would much prefer to buy a physical copy. I'll have to keep an eye out...

I really don't like downloading music either, I like having a CD collection (and a vinyl collection :teehee:)... There's been a few albums I haven't been able to get anywhere other than iTunes, so my need for the music is greater than my dislike of downloading music :teehee:

Mika has to do something to rope in the fans. Once they are roped in they will love all his work. Besides, I think I will love Kick Ass!!

Mika has to do something to rope in the fans. Once they are roped in they will love all his work. Besides, I think I will love Kick Ass!!

Definitely... It doesn't matter how he gets new fans, as long as he gets more fans by doing this!

I'm thinking i will too!

Definitely... It doesn't matter how he gets new fans, as long as he gets more fans by doing this!

I'm thinking i will too!

I love We Are Golden so much more after hearing it live at the two Apollos. It really brings out my inner teenager, and Kick Ass, from what Nono's said about it (lyrics wise) seems to be in the same vein as WAG, so I think it will be brilliant!