Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*Agrees with what you said!*

I also want him to get more real fans in Britain too. I've been so disappointed for Mika that he didn't sell more copies of TBWKTM here in the UK. I mean... where are all the British folks who bought LICM? The trouble is that over here it's mostly all about the next big thing (Mika in 2007 was the next big thing) and long established legendary artists. Mika needs to move to the Established Legend status with a huge and faithful fanbase to ensure his songs and albums become hits. This could do it for him!

I hear you.

I am so dissappointed in my own country, Canada, for it's total lack of any attention or any interest for TBWKTM.

Well I have to give Quebec & French speaking Canada for some attention & interest this time around.

At least Mika gets a lot of press in your country - he isn't getting any here - so far.

As those numbers rise for the Kick-Ass vid at youtube the amount of viewers from North America, Brazil & Argentina are rising rapidly.

46,463 views in less than a day and a half. :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

FINALLY!!! Remember when I said that Sugar Magazine wrote about Kick-Ass but not about Mika's single for it? And that I wrote in and told them about it?

Well...looks like they listened!

http://sugarscape.com/tags/new/479205/mikas-kick-ass-new-video

(not sure if they DID see my comment, they posted a different video to the one I gave them lol oh well, at least it's there now)

Edited by CazGirl

*Agrees with what you said!*

I also want him to get more real fans in Britain too. I've been so disappointed for Mika that he didn't sell more copies of TBWKTM here in the UK. I mean... where are all the British folks who bought LICM? The trouble is that over here it's mostly all about the next big thing (Mika in 2007 was the next big thing) and long established legendary artists. Mika needs to move to the Established Legend status with a huge and faithful fanbase to ensure his songs and albums become hits. This could do it for him!

Let's hope so! I think a lot of the people who bought LICM were youngish, and younger fans tend to be more fickle. The gap between albums means they move on to the Next Big Thing. What was seen as cool in 2007 wasn't by the time it got to 2009. Obviously the keenest stick with the artist (the MFCers etc.), but a lot don't. Older fans have already formed their musical taste, and are unlikely to shift so easily.

I think Mika's in a position now where he has a wide range of fans (you've only got to go to a gig to see that) and I think those people will stick around now, so he has something solid to build on.

KA may not be 100% typical Mika, but it is SO catchy. If the film does well, and/or radio stations play the song, I think it could be great for him :thumb_yello:

Thought I could post this one here too :biggrin2:

384363342.jpg

Love it IngeGOLDEN! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

FINALLY!!! Remember when I said that Sugar Magazine wrote about Kick-Ass but not about Mika's single for it? And that I wrote in and told them about it?

(not sure if they DID see my comment, they posted a different video to the one I gave them lol oh well, at least it's there now)

Nice one Caz!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Bravo!

Done! :aah:

Wow,
Kick Ass video has more than 43.000 views and that's just one vid! And that's the result after only 2 days after the release!

Yeah ... I calculated how many views they all had together (the ones I found at least), and I got something like 75,000. But that was this afternoon ... so it's probably reached like 100,000 by now. :biggrin2: