dcdeb

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:teehee: Moscow or Colmar?

hmmmm .... not an easy choice ...

can you go to both?

hi there:wink2:

really good news! I am happy for you:blush-anim-cl:...

looks summer will be very very hot :wub2: in russia:teehee:

Hi!!! :huglove:

indeed!!!!

a very lovely open site for moscow gig...

romantic place :fangurl:

Lena - at last!!!! Fantastic.

Ok, just been trying to make sense of the ticket site - do I take it tickets aren't on sale yet?

And also - will other people be travelling between the two gigs?

Just booked flights - arriving in Moscow on the Tuesday and leaving Moscow on Saturday evening. Will need help please with booking tickets, travel and hotel if anyone is able to offer help. Thank you very much.:wub2:

Just booked flights - arriving in Moscow on the Tuesday and leaving Moscow on Saturday evening. Will need help please with booking tickets, travel and hotel if anyone is able to offer help. Thank you very much.:wub2:

You're going to Moscow Kath!!! How cool:)

Since no locals answered yet, let me write down some practical things from my experience.

To begin with, I'd only book hotel with an international chain (local hotels are usually impossible to book online, anyway). Prices will be at least double the price as those in the UK but it is normal. Moscow is short of hotels.

Only with your flight details and hotel booking confirmed can you apply for a tourist visa. You are supposed to ask visa for the number of days you will be staying in Russia but I'd advise you to add at least another day in case you miss your flight back. (I know someone who got into trouble as her plane was delayed till the next day and it needed her company's intervention to have her visa expended another day)

I think it is also recommended that you have a taxi waiting for you at the airport when you arrive (the hotel can arrange it for you). When you arrive you will understand why...

Professional taxis are absolutely fine, but at least on one occasion you might want to check the architecture of the underground - it is beautiful inside.

I have never been to St Pete but I'd take a plane. The train takes 6-7 hours, so it sounds almost impossible to get there in reasonable time for the next gig and have a rest as well but locals might know more... When going to the airport you should also calculate with calling a cab at least 4 hours before your flight is supposed to take off as traffic can be really really bad...

However, once you are all prepared I am sure you will have a great time:thumb_yello:

Since no locals answered yet, let me write down some practical things from my experience.

To begin with, I'd only book hotel with an international chain (local hotels are usually impossible to book online, anyway). Prices will be at least double the price as those in the UK but it is normal. Moscow is short of hotels.

Only with your flight details and hotel booking confirmed can you apply for a tourist visa. You are supposed to ask visa for the number of days you will be staying in Russia but I'd advise you to add at least another day in case you miss your flight back. (I know someone who got into trouble as her plane was delayed till the next day and it needed her company's intervention to have her visa expended another day)

I think it is also recommended that you have a taxi waiting for you at the airport when you arrive (the hotel can arrange it for you). When you arrive you will understand why...

Professional taxis are absolutely fine, but at least on one occasion you might want to check the architecture of the underground - it is beautiful inside.

I have never been to St Pete but I'd take a plane. The train takes 6-7 hours, so it sounds almost impossible to get there in reasonable time for the next gig and have a rest as well but locals might know more... When going to the airport you should also calculate with calling a cab at least 4 hours before your flight is supposed to take off as traffic can be really really bad...

However, once you are all prepared I am sure you will have a great time:thumb_yello:

Thank you very much Suzie. I was wondering about visas - it didn't say anything about it on the airline website which I thought was a bit odd. I will look into it.

Thanks for the advice re hotels - I was thinking that a chain would be best.

Anyone know if there are any 'international chain' hotels near to the venue?

Thank you very much Suzie. I was wondering about visas - it didn't say anything about it on the airline website which I thought was a bit odd. I will look into it.

Thanks for the advice re hotels - I was thinking that a chain would be best.

Anyone know if there are any 'international chain' hotels near to the venue?

hello ))

i'm russian but i'm not from moscow ...

i've just googled the venue address ... and tried to find hotels nearby

there are two 3* hotels neither of them belong to international chains

so they are

Akademicheskaya (гостиница Академическая) (single: about 160 euro/day) and Warshava (гостиница Варшава) (single: about 130 euro/day)

both have online booking ... but websites are in russian (might help with the translation if you need)

as for transportation between moscow and piter ... i haven't checked yet ... but i know they've got Krasnaya Strela express ... and it goes pretty fast .. can't check the schedule and prices now ... coz RZD site is on maintenance today (RZD is Russian Railways)

hello ))

i'm russian but i'm not from moscow ...

i've just googled the venue address ... and tried to find hotels nearby

there are two 3* hotels neither of them belong to international chains

so they are

Akademicheskaya (гостиница Академическая) (single: about 160 euro/day) and Warshava (гостиница Варшава) (single: about 130 euro/day)

both have online booking ... but websites are in russian (might help with the translation if you need)

as for transportation between moscow and piter ... i haven't checked yet ... but i know they've got Krasnaya Strela express ... and it goes pretty fast .. can't check the schedule and prices now ... coz RZD site is on maintenance today (RZD is Russian Railways)

Hi :biggrin2:

Thank you very much, that is very helpful indeed.

I take it that tickets are still not for sale?

Are you going to both gigs?

Hi :biggrin2:

Thank you very much, that is very helpful indeed.

I take it that tickets are still not for sale?

Are you going to both gigs?

hello :bye:

right , no tickets yet

aw well ... i bought tickets to the gig in prague... coz it was confirmed earlier then any official info about russian dates appreared ... so now i'm planning to make it to prague and then to moscow

would love to continue and go to SPb as well ... but won't be able financially ... still i'm all happy and excited about these 2 gigs i'm going to

just a while back i barely hoped to see mika live this year )))

right , no tickets yet

aw well ... i bought tickets to the gig in prague... coz it was confirmed earlier then any official info about russian dates appreared ... so now i'm planning to make it to prague and then to moscow

would love to continue and go to SPb as well ... but won't be able financially ... still i'm all happy and excited about these 2 gigs i'm going to

Great :biggrin2: Two shows is good. Have you seen Mika before?

right , no tickets yet

Good for you! I'm genuinely delighted for you and for Lena too!

Great :biggrin2: Two shows is good. Have you seen Mika before?

never ... prague gonna be my first mika gig )))

Good for you! I'm genuinely delighted for you and for Lena too!

thank you )))

i'm sure Lena will go to both russian gigs!!!

never ... prague gonna be my first mika gig )))

thank you )))

i'm sure Lena will go to both russian gigs!!!

Wow! Brilliant!!! You must be SO excited. Mind you - so am I - I am really really looking forward to visiting Russia.

Wow! Brilliant!!! You must be SO excited. Mind you - so am I - I am really really looking forward to visiting Russia.

i AM )))

and i want to see Prague as well... never been there before and now i have a very good motive to visit it )))

will it be you first visit?

i AM )))

and i want to see Prague as well... never been there before and now i have a very good motive to visit it )))

will it be you first visit?

I am sure you will enjoy Prauge - I visited a few years ago and really enjoyed it - so much to see.

Yes, it will be my first visit to Russia. I am very very excited about it :biggrin2:

Have you ever been to St Petersburg though? Your location says Central Russia but I wonder where you will be travelling from.. Perhaps for you it is much further to travel to these gigs inside your country than for most fans travelling to other countries in Europe...

I am sure you will enjoy Prauge - I visited a few years ago and really enjoyed it - so much to see.

Yes, it will be my first visit to Russia. I am very very excited about it :biggrin2:

there's so much to see in moscow and in saint-petersburg (are you going there as well?)

these 2 cities are completely different and beautiful in their own way

i hope you'll allow some time for sightseeing )))

Have you ever been to St Petersburg though? Your location says Central Russia but I wonder where you will be travelling from.. Perhaps for you it is much further to travel to these gigs inside your country than for most fans travelling to other countries in Europe...

haha indeed ))) it's 17 hrs by train to moscow and 22 hrs to SPb from where i live )))

i've been to both before on holidays

there's so much to see in moscow and in saint-petersburg (are you going there as well?)

these 2 cities are completely different and beautiful in their own way

i hope you'll allow some time for sightseeing )))

Yes, hopefully I will be going to both. Yes, I arrive on Tuesday and leave late on Saturday so hopefully we will have a bit of spare time for sightseeing :thumb_yello:

Yes, hopefully I will be going to both. Yes, I arrive on Tuesday and leave late on Saturday so hopefully we will have a bit of spare time for sightseeing :thumb_yello:

that's really relly nice! i hope you'll enjoy your visit a lot!!!

Archived