MIKA @ Moscow, Russia! 28 July 2010

dcdeb

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha indeed ))) it's 17 hrs by train to moscow and 22 hrs to SPb from where i live )))

i've been to both before on holidays

Russia is a huge country, it's not easy to travel to see gigs if there are only two gigs. I'm glad you can make both Prague and Moscow :thumb_yello:

haha indeed ))) it's 17 hrs by train to moscow and 22 hrs to SPb from where i live )))

:shocked:

17 hrs???? that must be over the Ural, around Novosibirsk...

You do need to suffer a really long train ride to see Mika :teehee:, but it will surely be worth it:thumb_yello:

...and I'll see you in Prague! So cool! :kachinga:

:shocked:

17 hrs???? that must be over the Ural, around Novosibirsk...

You do need to suffer a really long train ride to see Mika :teehee:, but it will surely be worth it:thumb_yello:

...and I'll see you in Prague! So cool! :kachinga:

it's a lil closer than Ural ))) haha ... Russia is huuuuuge )))

looking forward to meeting you in Prague too )))

so true ! and no this visa barrier within EC & UK territory

That's right. Or even to the US - we can travel without a visa. Very lucky.

+1

from moscow to vladivastok it a WEEK :insane: by train

Good God :shocked:

That's right. Or even to the US - we can travel without a visa. Very lucky.

Good God :shocked:

that makes travelling a lot more easier

:teehee: well .. i actually can't imagine it myself ... a week in a small compartment ... looks like hell to me )

I checked our local airlines - they still have tickets for the plane from Moscow, Vnukovo on the 29th of July, at 8.40 am - you will be in St.Petersburg at 10.10 in the morning. The site has English version as well http://www.rossiya-airlines.com and the price is not that high - 2 400 rub one way, it's about $80 :original:

Thank you very much :biggrin2:

that makes travelling a lot more easier

:teehee: well .. i actually can't imagine it myself ... a week in a small compartment ... looks like hell to me )

me too :shocked:

Yes, hopefully I will be going to both. Yes, I arrive on Tuesday and leave late on Saturday so hopefully we will have a bit of spare time for sightseeing :thumb_yello:

You can come!? one man spoke , that British too it is hard to receive the visa to Russia. As well as to us - to Britain.

You well live! from Perm to Moscow 21 hour , and up to Petersburg 30 hours

Good for you! I'm genuinely delighted for you and for Lena too!

I am happy. And all of us we rage by chatting))

Since no locals answered yet, let me write down some practical things from my experience.

To begin with, I'd only book hotel with an international chain (local hotels are usually impossible to book online, anyway). Prices will be at least double the price as those in the UK but it is normal. Moscow is short of hotels.

Only with your flight details and hotel booking confirmed can you apply for a tourist visa. You are supposed to ask visa for the number of days you will be staying in Russia but I'd advise you to add at least another day in case you miss your flight back. (I know someone who got into trouble as her plane was delayed till the next day and it needed her company's intervention to have her visa expended another day)

I think it is also recommended that you have a taxi waiting for you at the airport when you arrive (the hotel can arrange it for you). When you arrive you will understand why...

Professional taxis are absolutely fine, but at least on one occasion you might want to check the architecture of the underground - it is beautiful inside.

I have never been to St Pete but I'd take a plane. The train takes 6-7 hours, so it sounds almost impossible to get there in reasonable time for the next gig and have a rest as well but locals might know more... When going to the airport you should also calculate with calling a cab at least 4 hours before your flight is supposed to take off as traffic can be really really bad...

However, once you are all prepared I am sure you will have a great time:thumb_yello:

I could not prompt anything acceptable... Cities so have changed. I was in Petersburg in 2002.

I can tell, that taxi drivers talk big prices if going in city from the airport or station.

And advice). Protect your pockets in a congestion of people. Also do not leave your things without supervision

Lena, i didn't read everywhere, but i don't see you rsvp on the gigs.

are you going to both gigs? :blush-anim-cl:

I cannot write:dunno:. I am afraid to maleficiate. Only when I shall have tickets.

You can come!? one man spoke , that British too it is hard to receive the visa to Russia. As well as to us - to Britain.

Hi Lena, :wub2:

Yes, I hope so - my daughter and I . I am going to try and sort out Visa's this weekend.

I am happy. And all of us we rage by chatting))

I could not prompt anything acceptable... Cities so have changed. I was in Petersburg in 2002.

I can tell, that taxi drivers talk big prices if going in city from the airport or station.

And advice). Protect your pockets in a congestion of people. Also do not leave your things without supervision

Thank you fo rthe advice.

Did bought someone once tickets from this site? Funny... The Petersburg concert too in euro..

http://www.worldticketshop.ru/concerts/mika_tickets#

I will look at this tonight :thumb_yello: (I am at work now)

I have just had a quick look at the site - it seems that only tickets for 29th are on sale there and that is SPB isn't it. There are also two price bands - which one is it that we need for front standing (if that is possible)? (I can't understand a word of it and can't do a translation here at work). I will look later.

I have just had a quick look at the site - it seems that only tickets for 29th are on sale there and that is SPB isn't it. There are also two price bands - which one is it that we need for front standing (if that is possible)? (I can't understand a word of it and can't do a translation here at work). I will look later.

they offer only seating seats there and the tickets are very pricy

Hi Lena, :wub2:

Yes, I hope so - my daughter and I . I am going to try and sort out Visa's this weekend.

You are courageous)).

I will look at this tonight :thumb_yello: (I am at work now)

I do not think what to buy from this site is good idea. The prices are very overestimated. It is better to wait.

Archived